Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    another thing of note about the hulk in avengers, is that they made hulk funny, and actually had him talk. i cant believe it took 3 fucking movies before someone actually gave the hulk some lines.
    r
    Hulk had lines in The Incredible Hulk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    So the guy that ruined Conan is going to... no wait you cant ruin Aquaman, he already sucks that much.
    Not sure why people blame Actors for mistakes made by the Directors and Screen Writers.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

they even poke fun at the "talks to fish" thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Hulk had lines in The Incredible Hulk.
    did he? i dont remember anything from the solo movies besides lots of screaming and angst. of course it has been a long time since ive seen them
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    When he is out of the Ocean he still has insane Strength/durability, is a Master Tactician, near Batman level martial Artist, has a magical trident, Can jump around 5 miles at a time. You obviously didn't even read the OP and still think "lol he just talks to fishes and controls water." No, he is on par Superhero wise on ground as Wonder Woman and Batman. Going in the Water just makes him impossibly strong.

He also has the telepathic ability to control creatures regardless of them being in water or not and can even telepathically control other humans.
    So DC just adds powers to him at will in their struggle to make him relevant ...

Again, as I mentioned in an earlier post. How "strong"/"smart"/whatever isn't really important because those change from writer to writer - frequently the heroes will be as strong as required for the plot to work. Rather it's the "gimmick" that separates each super hero from each other.

Superman - One of the strong characters in the DCU; his physical strength is his primary gimmick - along with laser eyes, x-ray vision and flight.

Wonder Women - This is going to sound rude but she really isn't all that original. She is basically Superman with a magic rope. I suppose her main gimmick is that she is a women.

Batman - The Detective. Excellent hand-to-hand combat skills. Gadgets. Batman is really a film noir PI without the hat.

The Flash - kind of obvious isn't it.

... etc.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think he looks fantastic. I'm really hoping they add more of these style photos of the other characters over the next few months. Would really help build up anticipation!

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    So DC just adds powers to him at will in their struggle to make him relevant ...

Again, as I mentioned in an earlier post. How "strong"/"smart"/whatever isn't really important because those change from writer to writer - frequently the heroes will be as strong as required for the plot to work. Rather it's the "gimmick" that separates each super hero from each other.

Superman - One of the strong characters in the DCU; his physical strength is his primary gimmick - along with laser eyes, x-ray vision and flight.

Wonder Women - This is going to sound rude but she really isn't all that original. She is basically Superman with a magic rope. I suppose her main gimmick is that she is a women.

Batman - The Detective. Excellent hand-to-hand combat skills. Gadgets. Batman is really a film noir PI without the hat.

The Flash - kind of obvious isn't it.

... etc.
    you literally just said powers arent a gimmick then listed other heroes powers as their gimmick.

supermans power isnt his gimmick, its his boyscout personality that he manages to maintain despite his power, its that superman refuses to kill that makes him special one of the latest comics basically redoes the man of steel storyline except they have someone else kill zod, and has superman tell everyone off for trying to help him kill them

wonder womans "gimmick" is that shes an amazonian woman, she embodies the myth of a powerful wild foreign woman. and in some incarnations the man hating super feminist

batmans gimmick is that hes an incredibly flawed person, hes antisocial, hes a bad parent, he frequently abuses and manipulates people for "the greater good" the majority of former robins and batgirls arent on the best terms with bruce, because hes kind of a fucked up psuedo parent. hes a good batman, hes a shitty person.

and flashes gimmick is similar to spider-mans gimmick, hes the wise cracking funny guy, hes always joking around and is rarely serious except in times of peril
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Jason Momoa has the best look for aquaman imo. I just hope they never have him shave, he looks ugly as hell without some sort of facial hair. Also wish they dyed his hair blonde, besides green arrow hes really the only other male dc superhero I can think of thats blonde.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    you literally just said powers arent a gimmick then listed other heroes powers as their gimmick.
    No I said the "power level" isn't important. The gimmick is though. Aquaman's gimmick while original ... is kind of limited. That is his main flaw. His powers aren't "universal" enough.

supermans power isnt his gimmick, its his boyscout personality that he manages to maintain despite his power, its that superman refuses to kill that makes him special one of the latest comics basically redoes the man of steel storyline except they have someone else kill zod, and has superman tell everyone off for trying to help him kill them

wonder womans "gimmick" is that shes an amazonian woman, she embodies the myth of a powerful wild foreign woman. and in some incarnations the man hating super feminist

batmans gimmick is that hes an incredibly flawed person, hes antisocial, hes a bad parent, he frequently abuses and manipulates people for "the greater good" the majority of former robins and batgirls arent on the best terms with bruce, because hes kind of a fucked up psuedo parent. hes a good batman, hes a shitty person.

and flashes gimmick is similar to spider-mans gimmick, hes the wise cracking funny guy, hes always joking around and is rarely serious except in times of peril
    I agree, those characteristics play a big part in their myths. It's makes them interesting - especially Batman; one of the superheroes whose story lines trend on the darker side - he is almost an anti-hero.

But what I mean by "gimmick" is the "selling point" that sets them apart from ordinary people - that make them superheros, that makes them "colorful"; I pretty much stole the term from wrestling nomenclature.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2015-02-25 at 07:23 AM.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

if hes anything like his new 52 version, which im assuming he will be. his main gimmick will be that hes royalty and an outsider. i think a good comparison would be something like black panther/t'challa. hes the ruler of a nation not just a hero and that gives him an outside and different perspective then someone whos just in it for themselves.
    He feels like Wonder Woman to me, an outsider to us, from an isolated (yet still terrestrial) land. He's super powered but different from folks... but meh, with Wonder Woman there, who really needs "Atlantis guy". It might even dilute her uniqueness a bit since they're both greek myth types. That being in the Justice League movie at least, in his own movie who can say. This actor does have a "Poseidon" vibe to him, but Aquaman is supposed to be different I think.

In any case, it'll depend on the villain and writing.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

did he? i dont remember anything from the solo movies besides lots of screaming and angst. of course it has been a long time since ive seen them
    In the factory scene at the beginning of Incredible Hulk he tells the guys to "Go Away" or something like that...and in the final fight with Abomination he yells "Hulk Smash!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nrCvjg6nsI
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2015-02-27 at 04:38 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    90s Aquaman and the JLU series Aquaman will always be how I picture him, he was such a badass in that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    Looks like the trident is doing the damage more than aquaman
    So like Iron Man and kinds like Batman (kinda, all his gadgets and stuff)?