10+ Year Old Account

Marty McFly plays Rift

Coming to Rift next week, on Thursday the 19th, will be two 'Hoverboard' type mounts called the Arclight Lifter and the Storm Legion Lifter. The Arclight will be available to buy direct with credits while the SL one will be available in everyone's favourite lockboxes

Managed to rip some videos from the Trion Live stream last night of them in action at

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/624361062

The first video is the trailer for promoting the Arclight Lifter in a 'dis go' setting, the second rip is both Lifters shown off in game at Tarken Glacier

Last edited by Slipmat; 2015-02-21 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Replaced rip with official trailer

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huh? That looks nothing like the hoverboard from Back to the Future.

I see you are learning the art of the click bait title pretty well.

It might just be me, Slipmat, but I'm infinitely more interested in the things about the game that I don't have to spend money on.

I might be strange though.

Boy oh boy! That's what I wanted from the Trion team, two mounts you have to spend money on...

One is a box none the less, surprise there.

Am I the only one frustrated by the fact that the team developed a trailer for these mounts?
    Last edited by Selah; 2015-02-16 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    Am I the only one frustrated by the fact that the team developed a trailer for these mounts?
    Pretty sure that's just Slipmat making an official looking trailer and all, I don't see anything on their official site about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Pretty sure that's just Slipmat making an official looking trailer
    I hear reading comprehension is hard:

Managed to rip some videos from the Trion Live stream last night
    The first video is the trailer for promoting the Arclight Lifter

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    two mounts you have to spend money on...
    Too funny for words, making a statement like that on a site that's 99.99% WoW promoted and which features cash only mounts on the front page every few weeks, for example:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Tweets-DLC-476

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

Too funny for words, making a statement like that on a site that's 99.99% WoW promoted and which features cash only mounts on the front page every few weeks, for example:

Lets us know when wow charges for equipment slots also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Lets us know when wow charges for equipment slots also.
    Surely they make enough from charging you to transfer servers, per char, shouldn't that all be included in your sub? i mean if Rift charges nothing to transfer servers every week, once a week you'd think Blizzard could do the same.

Also you can unlock equipment slots (earrings) for free with in-game currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

So, when was the last time Blizzard made a trailer for their mounts? Since when did mounts warrant a trailer? When a company is making events around boxes and mounts and not actual world events (River of Souls) something is wrong. It kills me they are willing to pay for a trailer for one of the most boring concepts for a mount (and probably the cheapest mount they've ever made) but they can't afford to fix problems with their graphics engine (multi-core support) or fix their horrifically broken calling, or actually fix masteries to encourage hybrid builds like originally promised.

Sure Blizzard charges for transfer services, but it's not like you can just invite your friends to a group through Battle.net and have them come to your server and play with you or vice versa? It's not like Blizzard has developed a ton of technology for their game to help their players bypass the need to transfer servers. At least Blizzard doesn't charge for terrible hair styles that already exist in game on other races nor do they charge for terrible "victory" dances. Matter of fact Blizzard has developed tons of new character animations over the years and put them in their game free of charge. They also release new races and updates for all of the races in their game free of charge, I wonder how much Trion would charge for that? A new race could easily run...what, $25? $30? Either way it wouldn't be worth it.

Blizzard also doesn't charge for;
    -Character extension slots
    -AH slots
    -Armor slots(don't give me the "you can earn it for free", no one is going to grind away for a month and a half for something so terrible)
    -Certain gear with "special" attuments
    -Dungeon Charges
    -Last name scrolls
    -Underwater "swimming lessons" for a large variety of mounts that can be bought from the shop and not earned in game
    -Warfront Charges
    -Hair colors
    -Skin color bundles
    -Cosmetic skin changes for your weapons

The list goes on but you get the idea. Now I understand they have to make a profit from their game somehow and putting a price tag on anything they can imagine is the best way for them to do that, and I understand that. However, it is absolutely unacceptable that Trion has gotten to this place where substantial updates (things worth making trailers for and things that give the game quality) are being thrown out the window so that Trion can make money from mounts and boxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what do you call the 14 months of zero content then between MoP and WoD all the time charging you full monthly sub?

In case it escaped your attention Rift is a free-to-play game and the money has to come from somewhere, cosmetic items, mounts, dances whatever are just that, cosmetic, have no effect on your game, it's not going to have your clearing Mount Sharax any faster, if you don't understand basic economics as to why a F2P game has to have a cash shop ?

I mean it's not like there's an MMO out there that charges a sub, charges extra on top of a sub for 'external' services, charges for mounts and pets, has a cash shop....oh, wait.....

Blizzard also charge for the box/digital distro of their games. So it's an extra $50 non-sale for any game expansion that is current.

It would cost roughly the same to unlock all necessary gameplay influence in Rift as to buy and sub to World of Warcraft. The cheapest boxed/DD MMO with a sub non-sale pricing was Final Fantasy 14. We had a whole thread on returning to Rift and the relative costs incurred.

You pay for some things, you don't pay for others. Regardless of game, no one is getting "everything" for free though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a drive by post here, but can't believe people are hating on a trailer of a Mount you don't need to buy. On top of the fact that in the music on the video was baller.

Some people just make me lol so hard I almost cant type. Did you have nothing better to do than hate on Slip?

15+ Year Old Account
    Boy, two moderators blatantly derailing a thread to talk shit about a game they don't care about.

If it was me, I'd have been warned and probably banned.

I myself am kinda looking forward to a weird mount to add to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Boy, two moderators blatantly derailing a thread to talk shit about a game they don't care about.
    Both Edge and I play Rift.

The costs of cash shop items is very relevant to a thread about a cash shop item.

Deleted
    I don't understand what ppl that don't like or hate RIFT , doing here....
    New mount looks awesome, good thing that one of them is for direct sale

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumpy View Post
    I don't understand what ppl that don't like or hate RIFT , doing here....
    New mount looks awesome, good thing that one of them is for direct sale

Just wondering. Who in this this dislikes/hates rift?

Thanks...I was just gonna go play this game then I see you have to pay for a hoverboard? Can't believe it's free to play already.