Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Aside from video games, what are your other hobbies?

Just as the title says, I was wondering about what other hobbies you enjoy aside from video games?

Late last year I moved to a state I'd never been to before and don't know a single soul (hooray for job opportunities!). During the move I managed to destroy my gaming computer and figured it was as good a time as any to look into other hobbies but all the hobbies that seem like they would be as fun as video games are insanely expensive and all the ones that are at the cheaper end of the spectrum seem like they would be about as fun as watching paint dry (i.e...bird watching, stamp collecting, etc).

I go target shooting once every few months to keep my aim up to par and used to shoot competitively...but I don't like spending too much time at the ranges in this state because the crazy racist redneck types at the ranges are a little too common for comfort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Just as the title says, I was wondering about what other hobbies you enjoy aside from video games?

Late last year I moved to a state I'd never been to before and don't know a single soul (hooray for job opportunities!). During the move I managed to destroy my gaming computer and figured it was as good a time as any to look into other hobbies but all the hobbies that seem like they would be as fun as video games are insanely expensive and all the ones that are at the cheaper end of the spectrum seem like they would be about as fun as watching paint dry (i.e...bird watching, stamp collecting, etc).

I go target shooting once every few months to keep my aim up to par and used to shoot competitively...but I don't like spending too much time at the ranges in this state because the crazy racist redneck types at the ranges are a little too common for comfort.
    Man that has to suck. My problem is that there aren't any really good ranges within less than an hour drive of here.

But as for mine, I like doing tabletop roleplaying games. Been trying to see if I could find a Shadowrun game lately.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    Man that has to suck. My problem is that there aren't any really good ranges within less than an hour drive of here.
    Almost all the good ranges here are private and have a "don't even bother asking" stance to gaining membership. I even offered one range two years of dues up front but because I didn't have a 'sponsor' (someone that is already a member to vouch for me or whatever) they wouldn't bother. I have to drive to the 'blue' areas of the state to go to a public range that doesn't feel like walking into a meeting of disgruntled old white guys.
    But as for mine, I like doing tabletop roleplaying games. Been trying to see if I could find a Shadowrun game lately.
    This is a good idea. I bought a starter set for War Machine a while back (the Russian type ones) and I think they may have made here with me.

Deleted
    Playing various instruments - I'm good and love mandolin and fairly decent on guitar.

Reading about latest military tech news.

Gardening.

Reading

Writing

Reading fluff novels the likes of Star Trek, Dragonlance, and lately Warhammer.

I work out, play airsoft, hang out with friends and so on. I also have a passion for science and watch a great deal of documentaries.

EDIT:

Playing various instruments - I'm good and love mandolin and fairly decent on guitar.

Reading about latest military tech news.

Gardening.
    Well that escalated quickly
    Last edited by Acelius; 2015-02-21 at 01:49 AM.

Deleted
    Gym, Reading, Painting, Fishing, Boxing, And recently trying to craft jewellery.

Deleted
    Besides gaming, Big anime and movie watcher, gym, learning guitar, just passed my exams for my shooting license, Learning 3D modelling and i love gardening (although i've kinda abandoned it since the passing away of my kitty 2 weeks ago, we always did this together )

Mostly gym and reading mangas... used to watch anime but that's phased out over the years. I'd like to start some martial arts training though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Will you make me a pearl necklace, Manakin?
    Oh I can give you a pearl necklace alright

Aaaaaand pulling my mind out of the gutter I made a tiny little raven pendant out of scrap silver.

When I'm not as drunk and lazy I'll take a picture of it perhaps... To never show in public

EDIT; And your sig.

I approve.

7+ Year Old Account
    I used to dance on a competetive level, boogie woogie, lindy and the likes.
    Warhammer... Lots and lots of warhammer.

Kick-boxing and spending time with the kids

10+ Year Old Account
    Killing bugs with softball gun. The one that get into my room.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Forced post-school education, at college where all I do all day is piss about and make memes.

Oh yeah, I also hang out here.

Paintball
    Running
    Ultimate Frisbee
    Disc Golf
    Girlfriend (that's a hobby, right?)

Reading, fishing, archery, marksmanship, biking, pool.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Uh....UH. Video games...?

But probably just hanging out with friends playing like, card games and whatnot. I...don't have many hobbies I guess. Hm. Reading I suppose.

Fiddling. Kissing my s/o's face. check to see if there are any colmholtas sessions in your area if music has any interest for you and check one out. They are generally all ppl welcome... its a social/music hobby. Otherwise ditto for tabletop, cycling, and meetup.com events in the summer. Newer hobby: Rocksmith .
    Last edited by Fael; 2015-02-22 at 09:03 PM.
    ~ Happiness is an inside job.

Deleted
    Reading, writing, drawing and playing the violin.