Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Your perfect video game (basic features)

Shortly describe basic "must have" features for your perfect video game. I'm not talking about games that last for a few hours, but games you would play longer than WoW or even more.

Here are a few of my very basic needs a game should have:
    • online game (MMO preferred, connected servers)

• game account (progression saved to account and accessible anywhere you log in)

• protected against cheating (no save game edits, no trainers, bot protection,...)

• detailed character creation (sliders, but protected against extreme creations)

• economy (Auction House, trading, stuff storage...)

• content/gameplay/gametype (So far I can think of 4 game types I would play. Medieval/fantasy(WoW type), Medieval/realistic(Chivalry type mmo), Space related(Star Citizen type) and Modern life style(gta mmo type) game. 3rd person view is required while 1st person maybe in some special cases, but not as main view and not without 3rd person option.

• possible to make money out of game (I think this is the key and future. Look at "sandbox", "economy" and conclusion text)

• sandbox (I want to be creative, make stuff in game and change the world, build stuff, dig holes, plant trees...)

• housing (to own property, decorate it, visible to others E.g.: city apartment)

• true professions (not just click button and you make stuff, but an actual production process, from learning to making)

After all what I want is that once I quit after years of having fun playing the game (because no game can be fun forever), I don't want to feel like it was waste of time (one of solutions would be to make it possible to make money out of it is important part to even start playing such large mmo, for example Steam workshop is on the right way towards such goal).

Maybe some Game Designer finds this thread helpful, so lets fully express our futuristic wishes!
    Last edited by mmoc09d949bcd0; 2015-02-20 at 11:28 PM.

No bullshit RNG/"I didn't even see that coming!" scenarios outside of plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

10+ Year Old Account
    Age of Empires 2, but with some added features like buildable roads, bridges, and a emphasis on diplomacy. Boom perfect game.

I need to make it... Alright see ya'll in 5 years.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot like Beyond Good or Evil, Batman: AA, Legacy of Kain, and Star Ocean 2.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I... there's no way I can do this. I have likes in everything. There is no 'one' perfect game as genres all have their own perfections. A perfect shooter? Perfect fighter? Puzzler? Driver?

The closest game I thought to absolute perfection is probably a sleeper most people never bothered with:

It had everything; tons of shit to unlock. Insane difficulty, but great rewards. There were no crap cars, I spent time mastering the Hotrod and no one could touch me. Records to set for people to beat. Smash people. Do team stunts. Race. Whatever! It had a perfect mix of multiplayer mayhem and single player intensity. Best part? This was probably the last EA game before DRM was a thing. You didn't need an always online connection to play single player and connecting to multiplayer was smooth and near instantaneous. In fact you did it while driving around!

This was the only game I devoted to finding every possible secret and unlock. I only missed one car =( Toward the end of the life cycle I couldn't find enough people willing to do the one 8 player stunt I needed for the final unlock.

And of course the best theme song ever:

Jesus Christ EA, why can't you make amazing games like this anymore? REMASTER THIS FOR CURRENT GEN! It's a fucking Mona Lisa of driving fun that needs a lot more attention than it got =(
    Last edited by Teebone; 2015-02-20 at 11:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    No bullshit RNG/"I didn't even see that coming!" scenarios outside of plot.
    Yeah RNG concept is outdated in my opinion too

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    A lot like Beyond Good or Evil, Batman: AA, Legacy of Kain, and Star Ocean 2.
    How can you play such games for 10 years?

Also Teebone, would you play Burnout for 10 or more years? How is that possible
    Last edited by mmoc09d949bcd0; 2015-02-20 at 11:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    Shortly describe basic "must have" features for your perfect video game. I'm not talking about games that last for a few hours, but games you would play longer than WoW or even more.

Here are a few of my very basic needs a game should have:
    • online game (MMO preferred, connected servers)

• game account (progression saved to account and accessible anywhere you log in)

• protected against cheating (no save game edits, no trainers, bot protection,...)

• detailed character creation (sliders, but protected against extreme creations)

• economy (Auction House, trading, stuff storage...)

• content/gameplay/gametype (So far I can think of 4 game types I would play. Medieval/fantasy(WoW type), Medieval/realistic(Chivalry type mmo), Space related(Star Citizen type) and Modern life style(gta mmo type) game. 3rd person view is required while 1st person maybe in some special cases, but not as main view and not without 3rd person option.

• possible to make money out of game (I think this is the key and future. Look at "sandbox", "economy" and conclusion text)

• sandbox (I want to be creative, make stuff in game and change the world, build stuff, dig holes, plant trees...)

• housing (to own property, decorate it, visible to others E.g.: city apartment)

• true professions (not just click button and you make stuff, but an actual production process, from learning to making)

After all what I want is that once I quit after years of having fun playing the game (because no game can be fun forever), I don't want to feel like it was waste of time (one of solutions would be to make it possible to make money out of it is important part to even start playing such large mmo, for example Steam workshop is on the right way towards such goal).

Maybe some Game Designer finds this thread helpful, so lets fully express our futuristic wishes!
    Maybe google Second Life?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    Maybe google Second Life?
    Not sure if you are serious, but I listed basic features the game should have for me to take a look at it seriously. Second life gameplay doesn't attract me. Gameplay of such game from the future is hard to predict, but it should be far better than second life and probably wouldn't remind you of it either.

10+ Year Old Account
    A combination of FiFA, PES and Football Manager which had the best gameplay of both FIFA and PES and the depth and choice of Football Manager.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    Yeah RNG concept is outdated in my opinion too

How can you play such games for 10 years?

Also Teebone, would you play Burnout for 10 or more years? How is that possible
    Have you ever even played Paradise? My god the hours I spent dodging attacks by the masses, doing them myself always trying to perfect the 7 roll... I did it twice. And a 2800 flat spin once... kinda needed a toy car for that one though =( could never pass the 1400 mark in a normal. This was what it was like. It was a car club for gamers in the fact you could just hang out and do.. nothing! Or everything! So many cool modes they added down the line too. I did play it for a good 4-5 years. It deserved a sequel.

It really did -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Have you ever even played Paradise? My god the hours I spent dodging attacks by the masses, doing them myself always trying to perfect the 7 roll... I did it twice. And a 2800 flat spin once... kinda needed a toy car for that one though =( could never pass the 1400 mark in a normal. This was what it was like. It was a car club for gamers in the fact you could just hang out and do.. nothing! Or everything! So many cool modes they added down the line too. I did play it for a good 4-5 years. It deserved a sequel.

It really did -_-
    I played but..you never had a wish to step out of the car for example? Then it becomes like GTA mmo and it could be improved to something much more. I think you are very limited, while you could think of something more. Or maybe you are just more realistic.
    I mean in future a game like GTA could have racing which looks like burnout, except it would offer more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    A combination of FiFA, PES and Football Manager which had the best gameplay of both FIFA and PES and the depth and choice of Football Manager.
    Sounds like a side game you play inside GTA too
    Last edited by mmoc09d949bcd0; 2015-02-20 at 11:54 PM.

Deleted
    There are quite a few ideas I'd love to see done, but just for one example, I'd love to see something like shadow of mordor done in warhammer 40k or warhammer fantasy, with expanded nemesis like system, think that could work really well in warhammer for some interesting characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I would love a crossover between skyrim and monster girl quest. Here you go, perfect game.

EvE style, but with improvements, in the direction of Darkfall but with a decent implementation.

I'm all in about, players do their stuff, casuals already got a lot of games for them.
    Everyone having an Artifact equals nobody having one.

An open world serial killing simulator. Drive around in a creeper van, pick up hitchhikers, set houses on fire, bury the bodies in the woods, etc.

For no real reason other than because I like to see moral guardians work themselves up into a tizzy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I call it "MassRim" because it takes what I love about Mass Effect and what I love about Skyrim and mashes them together.

Why it is like Skyrim:
    It's an open world sci-fi epic. You have countless side quests and missions you can do in any order. Weapons and armor can be modded and customized to your liking. There is no real "class," you pick talents according to your desired playstyle. You can join different factions and do quest lines for them and get rewards. Altogether it would take the same 200-500 hours to finish, as does Skyrim, though the main questline would be targeted for 15-20 hours.

Why it is like Mass Effect:
    You get to explore a galaxy in a space ship (customizable as well.) The characters who join your crew would be well developed. The villains and the storytelling would be thought out.

Why it is like both:
    The background lore would be rich.

Of course my idea for this game would require much development time and a lot of money so it will never see the light of day.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Secret of Mana 2 remade with the fox engine. My wet game dream.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

An "open world" Half-Life game where you could explore the entire Black Mesa Facility. That would be amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    An "open world" Half-Life game where you could explore the entire Black Mesa Facility. That would be amazing.
    Source engine is not made for huge open world mmo. Maybe source2 ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark souls with a better online component or MH Online to be released oficially outside china
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35