Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's Heavy Weight that matters, else gtfo with the windfalls..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    you mean...being a pussy and refusing to engage. yes he is that

but actual defense..you have some fantastic fighters to look at.
    google pernell whittaker and learn something
    Which fight did he refuse to engage?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    haha go google one of those two clowns and see if they could teach anyone anything

and as for old fights you mentioned.....what were those guys, 130 pounds? 140 tops?
    a girl could knock those guys out
    Well have fun with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Size matters.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post

Size matters.
    LOL you betcha

in boxing it definitely does
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    This is the last boxing match anybody is going to care about for a long time. MMA has taken over

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I agree but because they are usually exciting fights and someone gets knocked out. This is the same reason people love Pacman fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Did floyd run after shane gave him a love tap 2x?
    Did floyd run against JMM?
    Did he run against Zab?

In this part of his career floyd does not "run around the ring". JMM style gave pac man issues and now he faces a bigger, stronger, and better counter puncher. I hope it is a good fight.
    I was talking more of his recent fights like Maidana.
    The fights you mentioned were some of his most exciting fights.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought his uncle and father (both former boxers) taught him that style.
    They did but that style doesn't work to well against southpaws which have given Floyd trouble in the past. Manny is probably the best southpaw FMJ will ever face. Hopefully it's a brawl.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Boxing is gross anyway. Let's watch two grown men beat the shit out of each other for money, yaay. But it's okay because they have gloves yo. Like, I don't mind it when it's like, you know, you're just doing it for fitness or whatever, but professional boxing? Ugh. Have we not grown out of gladiatoral combat yet like, as a species? Like, people wanna watch it, they wanna watch it I guess like, nothing against them, I just don't get it. Like, the exact same thing but without gloves is like meant to be like barbaric or whatever but like you put some gloves on and it's all good let's make it a huge huge thing.
    What is it with women that always compare these sports to gladitorial games? They're not in there killing each other.

As someone who only watches/plays football outside of sports that involve fighting (or one man physically overpowering another), I never understood wimmez's "ughh, you are all savages."

My mom does this shit to. She used to do it at matches and was disgusted towards competitors and fans.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2015-02-21 at 03:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    I feel sort of torn about this. I wanted to see this fight 5-6 years ago, but I am still interested. I'm more into the money side of it, just how much money will it generate. I believe it will be a decent fight, but at this point, if Mayweather can land a couple punchs Manny doesn't stand much of a chance. I've always heard mayweather was a bit of a coward for ducking it for years.. who really knows what happened, i'm just happy it's gonna happen.

I'm still sort of in denial about UFC, it used to feel like what boxing should have been. But with a damn UFC every couple of months, it just doesn't feel as epic as it used too. I think i'm just a grumpy old man now, can't really get into any of the UFC folks, the two I liked are PED chugging jackwagons.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    This is the last boxing match anybody is going to care about for a long time. MMA has taken over
    Probably because fights like this should've occurred years ago.

MMA/UFC popularity is the result of people getting sick and tired of waiting for Mayweather vs Pacquio.

Well..that and Rhonda Rousey's sexy ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    if Mayweather can land a couple punchs Manny doesn't stand much of a chance.
    I don't think you watch these fighters fights with a comment like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Boxing is gross anyway. Let's watch two grown men beat the shit out of each other for money, yaay. But it's okay because they have gloves yo. Like, I don't mind it when it's like, you know, you're just doing it for fitness or whatever, but professional boxing? Ugh. Have we not grown out of gladiatoral combat yet like, as a species? Like, people wanna watch it, they wanna watch it I guess like, nothing against them, I just don't get it. Like, the exact same thing but without gloves is like meant to be like barbaric or whatever but like you put some gloves on and it's all good let's make it a huge huge thing.
    Eh if you think about it is kind of weird that we watch two people beating up on each other but as a sport its the culmination of evolution and sports science. The feats we witness in sports are due to years and years of evolutions and biology -> chemistry ->physics -> sports science/medicine to what we see on TV. Professional boxing isn't just two guys duking it out, its the result refining the martial art combined with with application the sciences I previously mentioned. Modern professional athletics takes a lot from science and evolution. Being able to test out biological to the limits it part of what makes us human and why sports are so appealing to many.

Boxing is a bit dated though, too many blows to the head take their toll on the body.

LOL worst forum to post this on. MMO is just full of limp wristed wankers who could never appreciate the sweet science. Floyd should win on paper but i reckon Pac can and will beat Floyd. His style is awkward enough and mayweather has sore hands and doesn't hit hard enough to keep manny honest. Manny will let some huge combos go after a couple of rounds and hurt Floyd with accurate shots and quick footwork.

Anyone who follows boxing knows the reason the fight hasn't happened until now was Bob Arum.

Deleted
    Floyd is going to beat him like he beats his girlfriend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    What is it with women that always compare these sports to gladitorial games? They're not in there killing each other.

As someone who only watches/plays football outside of sports that involve fighting (or one man physically overpowering another), I never understood wimmez's "ughh, you are all savages."

My mom does this shit to. She used to do it at matches and was disgusted towards competitors and fans.
    Well, no, they're not in there killing each other but it's not far off. I really don't have anything against the people who do it or watch it, it's probably some evolutionary thing, but...There are so many competative sports out there and I don't get why people would watch the one where people get punched in the face, knocked out, bloodied etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Anyone who follows boxing knows the reason the fight hasn't happened until now was Bob Arum.
    really? Only because of that? Even after Pacquioa conceded every single "Demand" mayweather had and he still turned him down? Lol.

Nobody should even care about the fight now, they are old.
    You're a towel.

Yes, even then.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the age doesn't even matter. Floyd is 37. Bernard Hopkins is 50 and he was winning fights at that age. Who at this weight is going to beat Floyd? No one. Its not even close when he fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Yes, even then.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the age doesn't even matter. Floyd is 37. Bernard Hopkins is 50 and he was winning fights at that age. Who at this weight is going to beat Floyd? No one. Its not even close when he fights.
    So, manny agreed to every detail of the fight, mayweather turned it down because.....why?
    You're a towel.

No one knows that Manny agreed to every term of the fight. No one knows the terms discussed between both camps. Manny has lost twice, and got KO'd by a guy that Floyd dominated. (since discussion between the two started)

Do you even watch Boxing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and I don't think Manny would win. I just think Floyd has been ducking him for years because he was worried about him now that he is older? Why not?
    You're a towel.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll believe that this fight's happening when the bell rings.

And even then I'll still be suspicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!