Bonus Roll question

Isn't there some kind of system in place where when you use bonus roll and you get gold, your chances of getting an item increases from bonus roll? I've killed 8 bosses now and nothing but gold.. Is that system a lie?

10+ Year Old Account
    if you roll gold you get +1 on the side of the roll window, if you lose agin you get +2 and so on, so i guess the chance get higher to get an item after every gold roll.

Quote Originally Posted by saidolol View Post
    if you roll gold you get +1 on the side of the roll window, if you lose agin you get +2 and so on, so i guess the chance get higher to get an item after every gold roll.
    I believe this is part of an addon, not default. Most people were alienated when I mentioned it

@OP The threshold is 10. You shouldn't have 10 consecutive rolls from the same raid without winning anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I believe this is part of an addon, not default. Most people were alienated when I mentioned it

@OP The threshold is 10. You shouldn't have 10 consecutive rolls from the same raid without winning anything.
    Can u prove it?,if u can pls tell it to the server,past 3 weeks,in BRF HC i used summary 13 coin adn got only gold.joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallo View Post
    Can u prove it?,if u can pls tell it to the server,past 3 weeks,in BRF HC i used summary 13 coin adn got only gold.joke.
    This is how it works:

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Bonus_roll

Bad luck streak protection
    Patch 5.3.0 added bad luck streak protection to bonus rolls.

Whenever you use a bonus roll and you don’t get any loot, your chance of getting loot on the next roll will increase. This increased probability won’t be reset until some loot is awarded, and this is independent of the boss that is being killed. The bad luck streak protection will carry over and continue to increase the probability from boss to boss and instance to instance and won't reset until you get some loot. Basically, this feature treats all bonus rolls as if they were actually the same, no matter where they originate from.

Source

As it would work as they said,sadly wont,if u wish i can link my armory and u can see how much item i have from BRF even i killed 28 Boss,so something is shit about the bonus roll,wont be surprised that post is only talk and who know how its works really if even works as it was posted.

Make it faster here is my char armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tallo/advanced count 13 coin and 28 boss killed and nearly nothing???????????

I tryed to ask the gms about that badluck rng protection when in Tot raid moved on,lfr 12/12 boss killed,0 loot in 3 weeks row,used coins with alt,so i was pissed off and asked the gm's,the gm's denied to there is any bad luck streak protection.
    Last edited by Metallo; 2015-02-21 at 03:05 PM.

As it would work as they said,sadly wont,if u wish i can link my armory and u can see how much item i have from BRF even i killed 28 Boss,so something is shit about the bonus roll,wont be surprised that post is only talk and who know how its works really if even works as it was posted.

Make it faster here is my char armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tallo/advanced count 13 coin and 28 boss killed and nearly nothing???????????

I tryed to ask the gms about that badluck rng protection when in Tot raid moved on,lfr 12/12 boss killed,0 loot in 3 weeks row,used coins with alt,so i was pissed off and asked the gm's,the gm's denied to there is any bad luck streak protection.
    According to your Armory's Activity Feed, you have got 5 items from heroic BRF since 11 February.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/113982 two days ago
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/113968 two days ago
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/113917 two days ago
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/113955 11 February
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/119339 11 February

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Mettallo/feed

5 items from 3 clears is pretty good, to be honest. Or were you expecting to be fully geared by the end of week 3?

Those was given via normal loot system,cause my guild killing HC BRF with 30 ppl for loot,and check the other 2 hunter in my guild,all have 4 piece set and etc,compared my items is trash .And check other members too,most of my guildmate have 2 piece set bonus at least via coin mostly,and i?????what,nothing. AS well,if u kill 10 bosses with at least 26 ppl,when u can count 2-3 token and 4-5 other loot from each bosses and using coin in most of every token dropping bosses coin,i used 13,that 5 mentioned loot is close to 0. U can count about 50 loot from 10 bosses in 1 clear,it can be more,but let just be that,and 25-30 ppl in raid,so let take the mediall,its 27,but if u have 24 or more ppl in the raid the bosses can drops a 6th loot too,so about u can simplier to count 50/25,so 2 loot via normal loot per week,3 week,6 loot if the droprate optional,but let just keep on,and using the coins u can get more,used 13 coin which is 1,3 week,so at least i should have 7 loot in 3week,but only 5???
    Simple no bad luck roll protection i expereienced now it this ,even i was happy if i got 1 loot in 8th coin,maybe the linked mentioned system is inside but not turned on or not working as it has to be.

Sorry for my bad english.
    Last edited by Metallo; 2015-02-21 at 11:52 PM.

,even i was happy if i got 1 loot in 8th coin
    So you did get loot from the coin then?

The chance to get loot from the coin is not dependent on the raid size.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    So you did get loot from the coin then?

The chance to get loot from the coin is not dependent on the raid size.
    It was a example about my previous experience from Highmaul raid mythic and HC progress time.Basicilly 3 week passed in BRF only used coin there,cause not going in highmaul ,and 13/0 ,i am sure next week the number will be raised by plus 3. The connection between raid size and coin giving loot chance is not exist,i know it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Metallo can you show any proof that you are bonus rolling? You are saying that patch notes arnt true because a blizz mod isn't confirming. The only way I would believe you is if you showed us a bid or pics of each kill and the gold you received. 13/0 sounds exaggerated to me

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrzillasor View Post
    Metallo can you show any proof that you are bonus rolling? You are saying that patch notes arnt true because a blizz mod isn't confirming. The only way I would believe you is if you showed us a bid or pics of each kill and the gold you received. 13/0 sounds exaggerated to me
    If u can tell my how i can i do now a picture from my past i will do it.

which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

If i t wasn't clear,NOW how could i make a picture from the rolls which was done in the past 3 week.

And i would be happy if that 13/0 wont be only gave gold.
    Last edited by Metallo; 2015-02-22 at 05:52 PM.

The bonus roll protection was introduced in 5.3 - was the Blizzard employee you quoted talking in 5.2 (Throne of Thunder patch)?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The bonus roll protection was introduced in 5.3 - was the Blizzard employee you quoted talking in 5.2 (Throne of Thunder patch)?
    I got up to +14 the same week the statement was released, so it's possible there's some odd bug (which I assumed was fixed fairly promptly) that happens rarely.

The issue is it's imperator mines all over again. It's far more likely someone is just BS'ing.

I got up to +14 the same week the statement was released, so it's possible there's some odd bug (which I assumed was fixed fairly promptly) that happens rarely.

The issue is it's imperator mines all over again. It's far more likely someone is just BS'ing.
    Onyxia breath syndrome