Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Merriam-Webster should just change the meaning of literally into figuratively, because that's what literally figuratively everyone is using it as.
    Actually, they have.

"Definition of LITERALLY

: in a literal sense or manner : actually <took the remark literally> <was literally insane>
    : in effect : virtually <will literally turn the world upside down to combat cruelty or injustice — Norman Cousins>

Usage Discussion of LITERALLY
    Since some people take sense 2 to be the opposite of sense 1, it has been frequently criticized as a misuse. Instead, the use is pure hyperbole intended to gain emphasis, but it often appears in contexts where no additional emphasis is necessary."

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally

Quote Originally Posted by Holyyoloswag View Post
    Actually, they have.

"Definition of LITERALLY

: in a literal sense or manner : actually <took the remark literally> <was literally insane>
    : in effect : virtually <will literally turn the world upside down to combat cruelty or injustice — Norman Cousins>

Usage Discussion of LITERALLY
    Since some people take sense 2 to be the opposite of sense 1, it has been frequently criticized as a misuse. Instead, the use is pure hyperbole intended to gain emphasis, but it often appears in contexts where no additional emphasis is necessary."

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally
    Hah, hear hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Night Elf Priest for life!