Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I won't give you a definite answer, cus I'm not 100% sure on the math side of it. However for me with what I was trying to do, our strat, and Necroblights higher downtime, the extra runs Regen served me very well. The difference was night and day for me almost as once I started getting the buff off the adds I noticed a huge jump in damage and availability of runes.

A+ phone post as it doubled lol
    I guess if you're doing 50% of your death runes on Blood Boil which I think a lot of people are on this fight, all that rune regen probably adds up to a large amount of padded DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by jellyfrog View Post
    I guess if you're doing 50% of your death runes on Blood Boil which I think a lot of people are on this fight, all that rune regen probably adds up to a large amount of padded DPS.
    I did 48 BB's in a 9:31 fight (think it was a like 2% wipe?), as well as was second in damage done on Darmac. On all the beasts my damage was in top 5 as well. I had tons of spear damage, and was fifth in pack beasts, but it wasn't blatant padding that I did, but smart spreading/extension of NP. Having almost 95% uptime on Darmac was nice free damage.

I did 48 BB's in a 9:31 fight (think it was a like 2% wipe?), as well as was second in damage done on Darmac. On all the beasts my damage was in top 5 as well. I had tons of spear damage, and was fifth in pack beasts, but it wasn't blatant padding that I did, but smart spreading/extension of NP. Having almost 95% uptime on Darmac was nice free damage.
    I'm curious for Beastlord, I'm sitting at 675 ilvl and was doing 48-50k on heroic. The other DK in my group is ilvl 678. I was spamming BB on the adds while he just used festering strike. Now I'm not saying I'm the best, or better than this guy, but festering strike was his number 2 ability used. He was doing 48-50k as well. Should I not be spamming BB and just keeping NP up at all times? BC this other DK only did good on strong AOE fights other wise he does barely 25-27k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by carnicide View Post
    I'm curious for Beastlord, I'm sitting at 675 ilvl and was doing 48-50k on heroic. The other DK in my group is ilvl 678. I was spamming BB on the adds while he just used festering strike. Now I'm not saying I'm the best, or better than this guy, but festering strike was his number 2 ability used. He was doing 48-50k as well. Should I not be spamming BB and just keeping NP up at all times? BC this other DK only did good on strong AOE fights other wise he does barely 25-27k dps.
    Depends on your raid really. One our farm night Darmac kill I took Defile while the other DK took NP. We ended very close to each other, I figured NP would be less effective for us since it was heroic and things would die faster, but he still did fairly well on it. Yet then on that really close Darmac wipe I was far ahead of him and we were doing nearly the same thing. For heroic my advice would be do the normal Necroblight rotation where you extend till the next UB use. However going forward into mythic try out new things and look at what works for you.

Depends on your raid really. One our farm night Darmac kill I took Defile while the other DK took NP. We ended very close to each other, I figured NP would be less effective for us since it was heroic and things would die faster, but he still did fairly well on it. Yet then on that really close Darmac wipe I was far ahead of him and we were doing nearly the same thing. For heroic my advice would be do the normal Necroblight rotation where you extend till the next UB use. However going forward into mythic try out new things and look at what works for you.
    Thanks for the reply. The style I honest like the most is spamming BB. I just love the fluidity of that spell with the 4 Death runes and 2 unholy for reapplying and d&d or SR. So I think im going to try plague bringer instead to use DC to stack it and spam BB bc you're right its about fun.

If you don't spend Death runes on FeS to extend NP between UB cooldowns, Plaguebringer is actually a DPS gain over UB. It's the "lazy option".

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you don't spend Death runes on FeS to extend NP between UB cooldowns, Plaguebringer is actually a DPS gain over UB. It's the "lazy option".
    I'm all about being lazy, heck I'm using NP over deflie already. Might as well go all the way =P

Quote Originally Posted by carnicide View Post
    I'm all about being lazy, heck I'm using NP over deflie already. Might as well go all the way =P
    Well with the 6.1 buff to NP, you're likely going to get equal or better results from NP anyways. Well that's with UB, but even then it's a strong contender

Well with the 6.1 buff to NP, you're likely going to get equal or better results from NP anyways. Well that's with UB, but even then it's a strong contender
    I just meant it was a passive spread after the first application. I don't have to place it like defile.