Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

6.1 Sims are out: your opinion?

what is your opinion on the new 6.1 sims?

doesn't look that bright for arms...

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems broken to me... I have mixed feelings, especially how these numbers will translate into PvP. Feral druids were a real nuisance. I know, it´s "just" a 5% buff, yet I am still kind of scared it will be even more unballanced.

Blood DK DPS makes me sad, still... just a side note.
    Last edited by FrantACs; 2015-02-22 at 12:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieces View Post

Prot warriors still shit whats new.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieces View Post

I really love ferals being on top with only 38 APM to play their rotation perfectly. Also, i've been playing my WW monk, and my friend warrior alwas cryed how easy it was to me to avoid any shit on encounters, and even if i ate like 4 stacks of fire on Twins Mythic, i'll just press many of my save buttons and live. I'm now playing warrior(got bored of my bad progress guild, and rolled a warrior on other realm to play in a guild where i knew some ppl from WotLK), and now i can fully understand his pain. Warrior plays like a complete glasscanon with only reliable save on a 2 minute cd(still only 30% reduction), less mobility, and now lesser dps again. So fun.
    Last edited by iDielord; 2015-02-22 at 01:41 PM.

Glasscannon with mobility issues? We playing the same class or? I always feel like I have the tools to survive and make a difference.

Enraged Regen, Rallying Cry, Defensive Stance (Shield Barrier). You'd be surprised how well I eat fire stacks or a naughty charge on Mythic Twins thanks to Shield Barrier. The only sadness is the fact that Warrior single target gets nerfed while Arcane mages (who were already silly) are left untouched. Warrior single target was "good enough" but not super fantastic, so I don't understand why they would nerf Execute.

I'd have thought Bladestorm would take the hit for all the burst AOE that my raiders moan about. They have no sympathy for the Warrior nerf at all.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

There are classes that can keep up with us super easy on most any form of AoE though.

Bladestorm certainly has its moments, but boomkins/enh and ele shamans/combat rogues/even hunters do some degree. They are all right there with us boys. Boomkin and ele got brought down a bit. But enh did not. Combat still super strong. Feral looks pretty decent an AoE now too.

The nerf is overdone combined with the buffs most of the other classes got. It's stupid. They need to give back some of that damage, preferably in rotational abilities like Mortal Strike and Bloodthirst.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Glasscannon with mobility issues? We playing the same class or? I always feel like I have the tools to survive and make a difference.

Enraged Regen, Rallying Cry, Defensive Stance (Shield Barrier). You'd be surprised how well I eat fire stacks or a naughty charge on Mythic Twins thanks to Shield Barrier. The only sadness is the fact that Warrior single target gets nerfed while Arcane mages (who were already silly) are left untouched. Warrior single target was "good enough" but not super fantastic, so I don't understand why they would nerf Execute.
    Warriors have good mobility, but still WW monks have 2 rolls, 70% sprint on cd, 30+yd serpent kick, and teleport. Monks are much more mobile. Let's now compare - yes Def. stance gives you 20% reduced damage at all time, but it comes with con of losing damage to it. Shield barrirer - same thing - gives some survivability but you loses on damage department on it. Monk only lose on damage department if he screwd so hard and so many times in a fight, that his only option left is Zen Med. Monk have 90% Magic reduce for 6 sec@1.5 min cd/50% damage reduce on three attacks over 15% ur healt for 45 sec, Touch of Karma for like 150-160k damage absorb on 1.5 min cd, Bret to reduce damage for 20% + Increase HP for 20%, and 90% all damage reduce for 8 sec@3min cd(losing damage since channeled). Lets say when we were trying Brackenspore Mythic, as a WW monk i was able to watch stream in VLC always at top window for half of my screen, not paying attention for some mechanics like Waves completely, cause they wasn't able to punish me at all, even if my camera angle allowed wave to enter my screen in 5 yard from my character. As warrior i need to pay like 3x more attention to what i'm doing. Warriors are much more fragile for mistakes, you can believe me. Its just my opinion after playing monk. And monk only lacks damage at enctounters with huge aoe ways, since they don't have any way to pad meters like Bladestorm. Also, when i use my RC only for my mistake, my RL kinda don't like it XD
    P.S sorry for my cancer english, it must be painfull to read, but i'm russian, and i have basically zero practice in english since my education ended, so my grammar is super bad already.
    Last edited by iDielord; 2015-02-22 at 03:42 PM.

They nerfed Warriors because they were doing too well in PvP... Fucking execute. Now PvE is suffering. Good work on balancing, BLizzard.

Deleted
    Not sure, but the warrior setup being simmed doesn't include the Avatar + Scabbard combination. I'm not entirely sure if this would sim higher then the current one on there, but it'd definitely be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderjac View Post
    They nerfed Warriors because they were doing too well in PvP... Fucking execute. Now PvE is suffering. Good work on balancing, BLizzard.
    Posts like this just go to show how people will blame things they don't like regardless of whether it's true. WoW balance and politics have more in common than they should! Execute is still going to be a death sentence in PVP after the nerf, it's a purely PVE nerf.

The set of devs for this expansion are clueless. Everything they do feels like a knee jerk reaction to community feedback. The problem that WoW has always had is that they continually try and balance PVE/PVP at the same time rather than separating the two and balancing them that way.

Fury is supposed to be our single target spec and its crap now. Ranged classes and melee classes with ranged abilities (ret) have an advantage on almost every encounter due to the movement required. On a patchwerk fight with little movement, we should be much higher on that chart than we are.

I expect that they are going to add that Execute damage back in to other abilities but its going to be weeks before we see it. Once they see the logs they are going to see that they made a mistake.

People hoping that Scabbard/Avatar is going to be our savior are going to be disappointed. Even if it was godly, there is something wrong with their game design and itemization that you would want to keep a 665 trinket over anything else available just so you can line up the two abilities to be competitive with the rest of the classes.

Scabbatar will be nice but it's not going to be the saving grace of anything, at most you could expect a slight grunt of enthusiasm.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Priests worst DPS class again. Nothing new.

Blizzard not having a clue how to balance doesn't come as a surprise to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post
    Blizzard not having a clue how to balance doesn't come as a surprise to me.
    Agreed, but it is pretty disappointing that after all this time they still haven't figured it out. They should just create a panel of top players from the community that they can discuss major changes with prior to making them. Patch 6.1 has been in the works since launch. The fact that execute was going to scale to levels that are unmanageable in PvP shouldn't have come as a surprise.

The fact that they designed our class around 1 ability that isn't even part of our rotation until this mob is sub 20% doesn't make for a completely riveting play style either.

I am looking forward to them baking the damage back into other abilities, its just disappointing that its going to take them weeks to figure out where to put that damage after they nerfed the one thing that made us viable on most encounters. It should have happened all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinie View Post
    Priests worst DPS class again. Nothing new.
    I feel bad for shadow. I play enhancement and we at least have AOE to make us feel useful on some fights. Shadow's just plain bad. Only place I saw spriests in top guilds is Furnace for mind controls..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

It really just feels wrong to me that both druid dps specs, all 3 hunter specs, all 3 mage specs are ahead of us in sims. Mages have been sitting pretty and haven't seen a single nerf (that i've seen, could be wrong) but warriors keep getting nerfed? Doesn't really make a whole lot of sense like other people have said. I know sims are just sims and aren't representative of actual performance in the raid with tier sets etc... but it doesn't look balanced at all.

Meh.

We'll probably still be topping a couple fights.

We'll not top but be up there fine on everything else that's not stupidly anti-melee.

Same as usual.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Meh.

We'll probably still be topping a couple fights.

We'll not top but be up there fine on everything else that's not stupidly anti-melee.

Same as usual.
    Noticed how for Arms Slam isn't even used. Would like to see Slam sims instead seeing how these are pure ST sims. Also with using Ravager isntead of AM/SBr which is a bit weird with the 6.1 changes

Quote Originally Posted by Xeley View Post
    Noticed how for Arms Slam isn't even used. Would like to see Slam sims instead seeing how these are pure ST sims. Also with using Ravager isntead of AM/SBr which is a bit weird with the 6.1 changes
    Ravager is still the best choice. You're right about slam though, although that's not a super increase in DPS.