mysterious camel figurin

Does anyone know if you can still get this ? i've been looking for a long time and no luck
    i also hear NPC scan does not work for this aswell ?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can definitely still get it(I keep getting unlucky during my farm). As you said npc scan no longer works for this particular farm, I use a map overlay with the spots marked out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkpoison324 View Post
    Does anyone know if you can still get this ?
    Yes you can.

Yes it does.

It's a rare mount - you'll be looking for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Nafrayu View Post
    As you said npc scan no longer works for this particular farm
    I'm very sure it does. Not sure what would have changed in NPCScan to make it not work.

I used a macro (/tar Mysterious) and just spammed it while flying around.

You can, I found mine a few weeks ago.
    Turn on friendly nameplates and you will see a little green healthbar above it if you get close.
    Theres also some map overlay you can get so you see all the spawnpoints on the map, if you check wowhead's Camel Figurine section you should be able to find it.
    And Npc Scan doesn't seem to work, nothing popped when I found mine.

Good luck
    Last edited by Cobbiie; 2015-02-22 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Promethieus View Post
    I'm very sure it does. Not sure what would have changed in NPCScan to make it not work.

Due to changes in how the game caches mobs in WoD, it is looking like _NPCScan will no longer be able to auto detect non-Vignette mobs. Due to this the only way to find pre-MoP rares via _NPCScan will be via mouse over or the new dynamic target macro keybind being added. The new keybind will trigger a /targetexact …” macro that updates with tracked mobs based on the zone you are currently in. Vignette mobs will still automatically trigger an alert when the mob gets in range, and should work more reliably due to updates to the Vignette API.
    When I'm camel hunting now I just hit Shift-V to turn on friendly nameplates and fly to places on the overlay.
    Last edited by medvedev; 2015-02-22 at 02:47 PM.

Does anyone know if you can still get this ? i've been looking for a long time and no luck
    I'd suggest checking wowhead.

Deleted
    Found a fake Figurine just a couple of days ago, NPCScan did NOT alert me, not even on mouseover. Yes, I did check and I have both of the ID's tracked in NPCScan.

But yes, you can still find them.

Yea, its a lot harder now with CRZ and the fact npcscan doesnt work the way it did before.

I got it a few weeks ago.
    No NPCscan doesn't work the way it used to with it.
    Yes they still appear.
    Turn on your friendly nameplates as they show. This + flying low is your ticket to finding them.

Download TomTom.
    Go to the WoWhead page for the camel figurines.
    Go to the comments.
    Take the coords for the macros the guy has posted.
    Post them into your WoW.

There you have all the spawnpoints. All you do is fly around the map. If you Google Image 'Mysterious Camel Figurine' it comes up with maps with flight routes as well.
    My advice is to not camp it, as the figurines have 4+ hour spawn time. Log in, do a fly around the map, log out. Come back in a few hours, do the same.
    With that strat I got my camel figurine in a week and a half, and I play CRZ with the two highest pop Oceanic PvP realms + the other Med pop PvP realms.

Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

I finally saw another figurine after so long and many fly bys but, it was just dust. :c

the big question is did they ever get around to fixing the phasing issues with them? at least a few of the spawnpoints had been known to bug with different phases in quest progression

Yes it does.
    No it doesn't.

I'm very sure it doesn't. Nothing changed in NPCScan what did change is how WoW caches mobs. NPCScan can no longer detect any non-Vignette mobs. You have to use a mouseover macro to get NPCScan to alert you.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    No it doesn't.

I'm very sure it doesn't. Nothing changed in NPCScan what did change is how WoW caches mobs. NPCScan can no longer detect any non-Vignette mobs. You have to use a mouseover macro to get NPCScan to alert you.
    Yea, he doesn't know what he's talking about since he also said he used /tar Mysterious. It hasn't been able to be targetted in well over a year or two now.

- - - Updated - - -

3 for 3 on camels the last 3 days of looking, all fake!

Deleted
    You cant target the figurine but NPCscan still pops up if one is nearby, at least at the end of Cataclysm when i farmed it, but maybe something changed with the way NPCscan works since then.
    (that was after the patch that fixed the /target and healthbar way)
    Last edited by mmoc53e70aaefc; 2015-03-28 at 04:14 PM.

Been a camel horder since cata, because well I had to get that title. My knowledge on this one is out-of-date so forgive my ignorance if something has changed. I had to click i'd say roughly 30 of these before getting the good one. Back then NPC scan sorta worked - but you had to clear your cache because there were something like 3-4 (it might have been more like 20) ID numbers for this item. There were two that mattered though as they were the ones that warped you to the fight for the mount. Even with NPC Scan what I found worked the best was downloading a map of all their spawn locations and flying the best path 1-2 times a try and then coming back after a few hours or the next day.

Yea NPCscan doesn't work since there was a change in WoW's files that triggered it but now it doesn't. So you have to fly low with name plates on to see it. Its not terrible but definitely more annoying.