Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    If you have self heals just stand in tendrils until you collect 9+ bloods. Pull an amalg on top of them while moving left and right on spine (to reset the roll cast) and then kill amalg/tendon. Rinse and repeat, GG.

The only classes its a bit more difficult on is classes without passive healing or on demand healing. If you have one of those classes, the strat is simply collect 9 bloods while running left and right periodically to reset roll timer instead of just standing in the tendril and taking the damage and not rolling.

Spine is a bit annoying, okay.
    But difficult? Come on.
    Just did 10HC with my Level 97 rogue yesterday and not for the first time either.
    And I am clearing 25HC with my lock regulary for quite some time now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    ...Because Spine as a hunter is just too much of a pain....
    What? You just skill Spirit Bond, put your pet on passive and stay afk in a pool for a while. Stack blood, kill blood, kill tentacle, pull add through blood - rinse and repeat. Sure, it is boring. But it is pretty easy on most classes, can even do it on a mage with 0 selfheal.

I wonder how many more people plan to reply to this thread just to explain how to do the fight exactly the same way as the posts above them...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Just like you can skip Valithria in ICC.

Yeah, I know, the difference is that Val is literally unsoloable if you're not a healer, but come on, everyone who's soloed spine (especially heroic) at this point knows that something needs to change. Holy SHIT talk about annoying.'

Tweeted devs about it, nothin'.
    The fight is so easy.... like literally all you need to worry about is running back and forth between the sides, every 7sec, for the entire duration of the fight..

it is the only think you need to worry about..

first kill 3 tentacles, make deathwing roll.
    Now wait until you have 9 adds, kill them off and the last tentacle, and get the 9 stacks, kill it off, kill off the tendron.

Kill off two tentacles, make deathwing roll.
    Now wait for 9 adds, kill them off and the last tentacles, get the 9 stacks, kill it off, kill off the tendron..

Repeat this one more time.. and you are golden
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

10+ Year Old Account
    So many people are ignoring my posts and just posting fight strats, like I even said I couldn't do the fight.

Sigh.

I guess I asked for that, though, posting on these forums xD

At least some people are getting what I'm talking about.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

I wonder how many people really had the pleasure of doing Spine at-level during Cataclysm. The fact that Spine exists is one of the big reasons why Dragon Soul will never be remembered as a good raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    So many people are ignoring my posts and just posting fight strats, like I even said I couldn't do the fight.

Sigh.

I guess I asked for that, though, posting on these forums xD

At least some people are getting what I'm talking about.
    I posted the strats just to point out how easy that encounter really is and how, IMO, nothing needs to change about it. It's just about the only old raid encounter where you can't just ignore all the mechanics (at level 100), and I'm fine with that.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not HARD, it's just annoying. If they'd change it so that if you stand in the middle he doesn't roll it would help.

I was chatting over Skype the last time I beat it. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. "Ah, you're soloing Spine huh?"

Quote Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
    If I'd wish any part of it be skipable, it would be the nearly endless npc chatter before and after every fight in the last half of that dump.
    Oh pls yes. Add an option at the start to silence every please. It's annoying waiting for Thrall and Company to finish talking and it's annoying having to wait to loot Deathwing's chin at the end.

Although I really think people are not understanding, no one's saying it's "hard", just that it's annoying. And it can be, I mean, on my paladin I never go below like 90% hp in ret, but my poor q and e keys.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    I wonder how many people really had the pleasure of doing Spine at-level during Cataclysm. The fact that Spine exists is one of the big reasons why Dragon Soul will never be remembered as a good raid.
    I remember having like, a 30-40 minute chat about people trying to find the trinkets with the biggest burst, and micro plan every CD for tendons on Heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I was chatting over Skype the last time I beat it. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. "Ah, you're soloing Spine huh?"
    Hah, yeah, I should really disable DBM, or at least the voices for that fight >.<

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Hah, yeah, I should really disable DBM, or at least the voices for that fight >.<
    Even if you turn WOW sound off the DBM voice still goes off. Not sure how.

Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    ^ bet this dude has never tried to solo Spine as a hunter... It's not JUST moving left and right.
    Extremely easy as Hunter. Marks/surv (BM if under geared and unfamiliar and need more healing), spirit bond, pet on passive and command then to kill tentacles when the lock you down, roll often to get rid excess big adds until you have enough puddles then kite your chosen add to the puddles Then blow it up quick or take heavy damage. So much harder to duo or trio cause then you have to coordinate and it sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I disagree, but oddly, for the same reason you probably think that.

I had the "pleasure" as you might say, and honestly, it was the only fight that felt "good" when we finally downed it on Heroic.

I felt more of a rush then than when we defeated Madness...probably because it took us about 4x the tries to get Spine.

It might not have been the most well-designed encounter, but fuck, was it hard.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

It's already super easy, so I don't see how it warrants a nerf or skip. Tons of fights are annoying, but the inconvenience is trivial. Just AFK in a grip if it's that annoying to you so you can come back to enough spawned Bloods for the entire three plates.

No, it will be remembered as bad IMO because unknown ultraxion should've been the 5 headed dragon from the book, unknown Hagara should've been archbishop Benedictus, first boss was a joke whose mechanics could be completely ignored even on heroics while it was still relevant. And personally I would've switched one the forgotten generals for an elemental lord general, maybe a Ragnaros general still loyal to the old gods or hoping to be the new firelord. Ship was an ok fight but the fact it was a character I had history with made it so much better for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Granted, when I do it, I'm on my Ret, but the hardest thing about it I find is listening to DBM say "BEWARE!!!" and "5...4...3...2...1" ad nauseum.

Deleted
    I've never had issues doing it solo as Guardian Druid on 25H but cannot comment for other classes or specs.

I simply zerg all tentacles down, kill 3 of the 4 large adds and leave one remaining to soak bloods to 9. Kill all bloods that come out, run the add over, kill tendron. Rinse and repeat. It's annoying to run left --> right --> left --> right all the time but in the end you just do it without thinking.

I believe Blizz have previously said they will only modify old raids if a fight is mechanically impossible to solo, which Spine isn't. Annoying and time consuming, yes, but not impossible.
    "Nobody less skilled than me should be allowed to see this content."
    - Everyone