Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I got 2 sons and a daughter yes its normal

Deleted
    I too would rather have a daughter, I think. I was never into all the stereotypical boyish stuff like cars and sports so I'd have no idea what to do with a boy if he were into all that.

Of course there's men out there who want a daughter over a son. However though I find that boys are easier to take care of. You just have to make sure they're still alive at the end of the day.

kinda shocked this thread is 9 pages long. this is one of the dumbest questions ever. why wouldn't it be normal for a guy to want a daughter? only reason i could think of that someone might say is "because its a girl" and if that's your answer then its time to grow up. some men want a boy for that type of special bond a father and son have and some men want a girl because its daddy's little girl and they to feel like they are more of a protector. obviously men can want a boy or girl for many different reason but those are some common ones i would think. either way, if you're a guy and want a son...its not strange, if you're a guy and want a daughter...its not strange, if you're a woman and want a son...its not strange, and if your a woman and want a daughter...its not strange. not sure why anyone would think otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

I'd be happy with a daughter... She'd be joining the Girl Scouts for sure and getting me discount cookies on the regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I'm being serious, I mean most of my experience with babies and little children stem from taking care of playing with little girls. I mean I wouldn't want a son to go through some of the things males in my family have had to go through. I just think with a daughter, it would be easier in n emotional sense.

Is it strange?
    I love all of my kids equally, but my daughter was my adventuring buddy. When she left for the Navy I cried like a baby. I didn't have a preference as to gender really but I have learned something about kids though... A daughter needs a dad to teach her what to expect from men when she grows up and boys need their mom to soften the rough edges.

Might be a little stereotypical but that's what I've seen over the years.