Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I disliked the amount of puzzles, by the time i got to the Demon realm, i had to do puzzle in the past to open a lever in the present so i can keep on progressing in the past. And between two puzzles you had like 3-4 mob then another puzzle.

Plus, i almost gave up on the Earth level, i so much disliked the control of the fucking gun, that you was forced to use through the entire level
    And the Heaven realm with the flying angels, so boring fight till its finally lands

I liked the Items part, the Talent tree, the diverse worlds, but just too much Puzzle and to few amount of enemies between puzzle, especially by the end
    I stopped playing in the Demon realm, i just couldn't be bothered to log on ever again.

The disappointment was probably due to my own exceptions, i thought it will be Diablo 3 from a 3rd person view not a puzzle solver borefest with forced weapons through an entire level
    Ah i see. I thought the puzzles were simple compared to DS1 but yeah they were numerous. I definitely agree with that gun level part. Almost felt like tearing my hair out with that one. But overall i thought it was a really awesome game. I dream one day of playing a Devil May Cry game with some of DS2 systems, namely loot, open world etc.

It would be pretty hard to spin Famine and Pestilence into 'good guys' or even anti heroes, like they managed with War and Death. Strife and Fury make a lot more sense as forces for good or preservation.

I personally loved DS2. I didn't think it was too long, and the loot system was just right, with enough RNG but the ability to 'consume' useless loot. The art style and music just enhanced it by epic proportions.
    RETH

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ye, the soundtrack is amazing, no question on that. The art was just joy to look at. I just got so frustrated with the time jumping puzzles that i just had enough of it.

Maybe i should play it again sometime, with different expectations, maybe my experience will differ too
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    It would be pretty hard to spin Famine and Pestilence into 'good guys' or even anti heroes, like they managed with War and Death. Strife and Fury make a lot more sense as forces for good or preservation.

I personally loved DS2. I didn't think it was too long, and the loot system was just right, with enough RNG but the ability to 'consume' useless loot. The art style and music just enhanced it by epic proportions.
    Except neither War nor Death are good, they're like neutral characters, just like Kratos from God of War.

I find DS2 much better using a xbox controller to play it on pc than with a keyboard+mouse. I always liked DS2 more whatever way you play it, but there isn't much difference to DS1.

So no announcement yet ? It has been a couple days already.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    So no announcement yet ? It has been a couple days already.
    https://twitter.com/AirshipSyn/statu...50841651974144

Thursday according to that tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    I'm just generally curious. What makes DS2 terrible for some of you folks? I thought it was better than DS1 personally. A bit more open ended, cool loot system, "talent" trees etc.
    To be honest, that's exactly what i found "bad" about DS2. I liked the action game style of first chapter, and having death playable on DS2 was awesome. Though, i didn't like much the RPG elements of it - i would have liked more a direct approach, where you unlocked new powers/gear through exploration/events and not through a basically streamlined leveling.

The story and environment (not mentioning art because it's awesome) were both really good; the feeling of a "God of War mixed with Zelda game" however was lost.

EDIT: DS2 is a good game. It would have been better if they stayed more tied to the game's roots.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2015-02-25 at 12:43 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ouncement.aspx

An e-mail went out recently to those who signed up for Airship Syndicate's newsletter with a larger version of a previously shown image – and it strongly suggests Battle Chasers.

The original image, which you can see here, was recently tweeted out by Darksiders creator Joe Madureira and showed only the sword. The new image, seen above, is larger, full resolution, and and shows a silhouetted figure in the bottom right corner.

Many are speculating that that person is Garrison, a character from Madureira's never-completed comic book series, Battle Chasers. Madureira abandoned the comic series in 2001 after nine issues to pursue a career in video game design.

Adding to the speculation that Airship Syndicate is preparing to announce a Battle Chasers game, Madureira offered the following tweet, as well as many other response tweets that further hint, but don't officially confirm, a Battle Chasers announcement.

Additionally, Madureira also changed his twitter icon to an image of Garrison.

Alongside the image, the e-mail also reads, "The time has come! A storm has arrived... prepare for Battle! See the *official* reveal tomorrow on Polygon.com at 9AM CST! Click the button below to see the warrior who has returned for his legendary blade."

Airship Syndicate was formed by Madureira and other former Vigil members like Ryan Stefanelli, who served as producer for Darksiders II following the collapse of THQ and Vigil Games. You can find out more about Airship Syndicate by heading here.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Aaaaaand now i'm hyped. The art style is so awesome it already seels the game as good for me.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.