Resto Help Please

Hi guys, I have been reading up on Shamans a lot lately, trying to improve my HPS, but I just don't seem to be doing it, I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me out and give me some pointers to try and do.

I can't post the link to the logs yet, but they are on warcraft logs and the character is Shockalaka of Zuluhed, thanks so much in advance!

Things I know I need to work on:
    -ES uptime.

On the ES note, does anyone use a WA to tell them if they are not on? I am also trying to find a WA for Tidal waves, but haven't found one yet.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    A quick look at your logs shows you're barely casting elemental blast at all. You're also casting healing wave a little too much, and are ending fights with quite a bit of mana left. You should be casting elemental blast as much as possible (without letting people die of course) because it helps with your mana regen. You should be casting more chain heals than your logs show, and casting elemental blast will help keep up your regen enough to continue casting them. So focus on casting Elemental Blast to keep up your mana regen so you can cast more Chain Heals.

Also, an easy way to improve your HPS would be to take Rushing Streams talent over Conductivity, and drop Healing Stream Totem every time it's up. On Operator Thogar for instance, you only cast HST 10 times in a 7m10s fight. And that's with you having Call of the Elements talent. Make a weakaura if you need to to remind you to drop it whenever you can.

Okay thanks! What fights do you recommend taking Conductivity over Rushing streams? I was sticking to conductivity to try and save mana.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gruul is pretty much the only boss I'd consider using it on in BRF (and I don't actually use it on Gruul, but I know other shamans do take it). Maybe Iron Maidens too, but most likely not. There's usually too much movement in most of the fights in there. From what I saw, you weren't having mana problems though. Try using up all of your mana or as much as possible in a fight, and then you can start finding ways to save mana from there if you find yourself running out.

Links to logs: #1, #2.

Stuff I found:
    - Riptide use is too low. It should be cast on cooldown as pretty much your highest priority. It's instant, mana efficient and does a lot of healing. This is probably the single biggest thing you can do to improve. This is especially important as you use Healing Wave a lot, and your Tidal Waves uptime is pretty low. Taking TW into account, Riptide is basically off the global cooldown.
    - Your Earth Shield uptime does indeed need work. It was at 59% on Beastlord Darmac, which is way too low. Not only do you lose out on the almost free healing that ES does, but you also miss out on the 20% bonus to all your other healing on that target, and tanks tend to get healed by HST and HR a lot. That free extra tank healing also means you don't have to cast Healing Wave/Surge nearly as much.
    - Elemental Blast use is very low even when you were low on mana. Improving the above should free up GCDs to let you cast it more.
    - Healing Rain use seems inconsistent. Looks perfect on Oregorger assuming Conductivity, but almost random on Darmac. I highly recommend avoiding the Conductivity talent on fights where you can't get much mileage out of it. Your healing done on Darmac could have been ~10% higher just from switching to Rushing Streams. RS should probably be your go-to talent for that tier, especially in ~15 man raid groups.
    - Healing Stream Totem uptime is inconsistent. The average over time is fine, but the time plots show a few gaps where you didn't use it.
    - Your Unleash Life use seemed odd, notably on Darmac. It's useful when moving, but the spell's HPS and HPM are poor. Use it as a sprint.

Other than that, it looks good. There's room for improvements in HTT/Asc use, but I can't really spot anything specific you're getting wrong. The non-healing stuff also looks good: you're using Spirit Link, Spiritwalker's Grace, Fire Elemental, and dropping Capacitor Totems on Thogar. I prefer Astral Shift over Nature's Guardian (which barely proced anyway), but I do see the appeal of having one less button to press. Focus on using Riptide and Earth Shield more and you should see much better numbers.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Thanks! Ill will do those things for sure, I am trying to play with WA's to make some for me, like telling me when ES or other abilities are off CD, but it seems super complicated. What do you guys use to track those?