Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lock and troll View Post
    Can't wait for the flood of rogue tears whining about hunters now actually being able to keep them away.
    Do you play a hunter? Cause if rogues cant beat them, and no other melee can catch them now, they may get nerfed. I just want frozen ammo nerfed. I understand other classes get stuff like crip poison, but those are melee that need to stick to a target. Hunters get conc shot that last 6 secs on a 5 sec cd. Thats more than enough. Plus they dont have the deadzone like they used to so they dont need to always be at ranged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Do you play a hunter? Cause if rogues cant beat them, and no other melee can catch them now, they may get nerfed. I just want frozen ammo nerfed. I understand other classes get stuff like crip poison, but those are melee that need to stick to a target. Hunters get conc shot that last 6 secs on a 5 sec cd. Thats more than enough. Plus they dont have the deadzone like they used to so they dont need to always be at ranged.
    Yep, one of my alts is a hunter. Rogues and ferals are extremely hard to keep away and I tend to lose to balance druids and shadow priests as well.

However, pvp is balanced around 3v3 and hunters don't exactly shine there. Once a melee has a partner who can freedom and dispel, the hunter is pretty screwed. Can't help thinking of those poor mages, I mean if hunters have issues with burst of skill then mages must be getting raped 24/7 since they have fewer slows and harder to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    If you die in 3 seconds you're obviously doing something wrong.
    Yeah exactly. You had 1.5 sec to start doing it right. Noob.

6.2 will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    And somehow made pvp even worse than in MoP? You kill or die in 0.00003 seconds.

WHY
    wait what? not at alll! i could not disagree with this statement anymore.

Deleted
    I stopped renewing my subscription for wow just before christmas when I realised PVP is just one big mess (particularly bad this xpac).

I mostly enjoyed random bgs and 2v2, but unfortunately neither of which blizzard cares to balance. I check this forum and patch notes every now and then to see if anything has improved, but judging by the comments on here, I don't think I'll need to dig out my wallet anytime soon.

I probably won't return to wow unless they at least try and attempt to balance 2v2, if not there are other games I like to play meanwhile.
    Last edited by mmoc3728ee3fab; 2015-02-24 at 10:59 PM.

Deleted
    Yep, one of my alts is a hunter. Rogues and ferals are extremely hard to keep away and I tend to lose to balance druids and shadow priests as well.

However, pvp is balanced around 3v3 and hunters don't exactly shine there. Once a melee has a partner who can freedom and dispel, the hunter is pretty screwed. Can't help thinking of those poor mages, I mean if hunters have issues with burst of skill then mages must be getting raped 24/7 since they have fewer slows and harder to apply.
    Well you can dispell freedom. And only one class had freedom (well shamis got 5sec freedom on a 1 min cd too).
    Mages don't do to bad against rogues, because roots aren't broken by BoS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    BoS nerf will definitely hit the higher ranks. 2k and below i dont think much will change.

If i take nightstalker, get the 4 piece combat bonus, hit vanish and do DFA, will the final "burst" part of the attack get the crit or just the aoe? I heard it used to only be the aoe. Same with the nightsalker 50% increased damage. And does that count if you use glyph of dissapearance since you arent technically stealthed, only vanished?
    I don't see how it could be the aoe portion as of the latest build. The 4pc specifically says it crits an eviscerate while the first part of dfa is just an aoe portion of damage. If it doesn't crit the 150% eviscerate i'd consider it a bug the way both the spell and 4pc is worded.

I'm not 100% sure on nightstalker but I do know vanish put's you into an "improved stealth" so again by the wording it should work. Losing subterfuge would be pretty big though if you don't 100 - 0 someone straight away. The glyph only makes it so you don't enter normal stealth but you're still under improved stealth for 3 secs so that should work. It's interesting though, needs to be tested.

Can't wait for the flood of rogue tears whining about hunters now actually being able to keep them away.
    I actually nearly bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaileen View Post
    Well you can dispell freedom. And only one class had freedom (well shamis got 5sec freedom on a 1 min cd too).
    Mages don't do to bad against rogues, because roots aren't broken by BoS.
    Dispelling freedom doesn't really work that good in arena. In 2v2, there are at least 3 buffs to go through and tranq shot is far from being free, meaning you can spend 3 or more gcds and a ton of focus to get rid of freedom and by that time he's likely in your face, making your effort of dispelling it pretty pointless.
    Last edited by mmoc07518304a7; 2015-02-25 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsyer View Post
    I don't see how it could be the aoe portion as of the latest build. The 4pc specifically says it crits an eviscerate while the first part of dfa is just an aoe portion of damage. If it doesn't crit the 150% eviscerate i'd consider it a bug the way both the spell and 4pc is worded.

I'm not 100% sure on nightstalker but I do know vanish put's you into an "improved stealth" so again by the wording it should work. Losing subterfuge would be pretty big though if you don't 100 - 0 someone straight away. The glyph only makes it so you don't enter normal stealth but you're still under improved stealth for 3 secs so that should work. It's interesting though, needs to be tested.

I actually nearly bit.
    Ok thanks. I honestly don't know how I feel about subterfuge. Its great for peeling but we train healer 90% of the time and I play with a feral in 3s. He opens with the stun, I stagger for 3 secs and then open with the garrote silence. I could go subter and just ambush twice but it doesn't start the insight cycle. Ive just been using shadowfocus. On fights where I need to peel I do subter though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Yeah exactly. You had 1.5 sec to start doing it right. Noob.

6.2 will fix it.
    If not in 6.2, then at least 7.4?

Maybe 8.7?

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

I got hit by a 132k chimera shot in a dudes opener and a 142k execute from a warr. Not to mention all the spastic ferals thinking they are good now.

Glad they doubled health pools to make gameplay longer and more engaging. What a fucking joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude Lebowski View Post
    Dispelling freedom doesn't really work that good in arena. In 2v2, there are at least 3 buffs to go through and tranq shot is far from being free, meaning you can spend 3 or more gcds and a ton of focus to get rid of freedom and by that time he's likely in your face, making your effort of dispelling it pretty pointless.
    That's why you start with dispelling at the beginning of the match (and keep it up when they get buffs) and not when they get an important buff, my friend.

Deleted
    i don't think TTK is that bad tbh. its just some classes burst is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    If you are killing someone that quick, then they need to stop wearing PvE gear in PvP. If you are dying that quick, you need to stop wearing PvE gear to do PvP.
    PVP gear does not hold the same power it use to over PVE. The only difference is item level, if someone is dieing in less than a second then that person is clearly in pve gear thats around 615-620 ilvl

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I got hit by a 132k chimera shot in a dudes opener and a 142k execute from a warr. Not to mention all the spastic ferals thinking they are good now.

Glad they doubled health pools to make gameplay longer and more engaging. What a fucking joke.
    Calling bs on the chimera shot unless I see a screenshot of you in full conq getting hit for that much and if you got crit on an execute you were already almost dead anyway so it doesn't matter how much it hit you for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Calling bs on the chimera shot unless I see a screenshot of you in full conq getting hit for that much and if you got crit on an execute you were already almost dead anyway so it doesn't matter how much it hit you for.
    Chimaera was nerfed, but yesterday I saw a vod of someone getting hit with a 103k chimaera. Lone Wolf + Sniper Training, and if you have both trinket proccs up it might be possible to get to 130k. Also warriors can get a procc that let's them use execute no matter your current hp. Please don't call bullshit if you don't have a clue about a class.

I got hit today by a 105k exe at above 50% health with another following instantly because I dropped in execute range. That's 210k damage within 1.5 seconds. I love the patch and I love warriors.

Also warriors can get a procc that let's them use execute no matter your current hp. Please don't call bullshit if you don't have a clue about a class.

I got hit today by a 105k exe at above 50% health with another following instantly because I dropped in execute range. That's 210k damage within 1.5 seconds. I love the patch and I love warriors.
    lol, you must be trolling me, right?

Execute hits for virtually... NOTHNG when Sudden death procs, execute can only deal its 10 rage portion of the execute, the other 30 rage adds most of the damage to execute when used below 20% HP.

So i am calling BS ON YOU, so please stop exaggerating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    lol, you must be trolling me, right?

Execute hits for virtually... NOTHNG when Sudden death procs, execute can only deal its 10 rage portion of the execute, the other 30 rage adds most of the damage to execute when used below 20% HP.

So i am calling BS ON YOU, so please stop exaggerating.
    Sudden death procs were bugged and were consuming extra rage for additional damage ABOVE 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaenux View Post
    Sudden death procs were bugged and were consuming extra rage for additional damage ABOVE 20%.
    Were bugged? well apparently my warrior wasn't around to see that at all.

That was a thing back in the beta though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Were bugged? well apparently my warrior wasn't around to see that at all.

That was a thing back in the beta though.
    Shit was happening since Patch day apparently, was reported on AJ, reddit and other things as being bugged. Got fixed yesterday but didn't make the patch notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    And somehow made pvp even worse than in MoP? You kill or die in 0.00003 seconds.

WHY
    Either you have no PvP gear, or the guy you are killin has no PvP gear. Or both.

Seriously go spend a few hours and get yourself a full set of Combatant stuff. It doesn't take long.