Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Favorite Next Generation Character?

What's your favorite next generation character? (Ie, Ga'nar)

Mine is Dezco, especially after reading his short fiction piece. He's a widower, with not only two munching kids to feed and keep safe, but also an entire tribe looking up to him with what seems to be the whole world turning upside down. He was the man, and you really get the feels when he didn't bring home the bacon. He is similar to Durotan (AU) in alot of ways.

Yrel makes a close first for me.

P E N N Y C L O B B E R B O T T O M B O Y S

I quite liked Ga'nar and I'm looking forward to seeing more pre-broken Akama. When he rocks up in the first alliance quests and says "bitches please i'll show you how it's done" and grabs the sickles. I quite liked Melchazaar too.
    Restore 8 Health. Draw 3 cards.

Probably Yrel for me. I can't think of many other characters (and a lot of them in MoP were kind of goofy like the student monk crew, though I get they were doing serious stuff) really. But having done all of the Yrel quests you see her grow and try to do the right thing. But like I said initially not many characters stick with me so it's hard for me to say 'omg this character really blew it out of the water' since it feels like the writing is centered around 1-2 characters at most.

I think both Anduin and Wrathion really came along well.

Also, Lorewalker Cho and Taran Zhu.

Out of the WoD cast - probably Yrel (obvious choice), Draka (I really like how they fleshed her out), Gazlowe and Thaelin Darkanvil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Who do we consider as part of the next generation exactly? Characters from MoP and WoD? Only major characters?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    What's your favorite next generation character? (Ie, Ga'nar)

Mine is Dezco, especially after reading his short fiction piece. He's a widower, with not only two munching kids to feed and keep safe, but also an entire tribe looking up to him with what seems to be the whole world turning upside down. He was the man, and you really get the feels when he didn't bring home the bacon. He is similar to Durotan (AU) in alot of ways.

Yrel makes a close first for me.
    One child died, and the other is being raised by the Golden Lotus so...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Khadgar count? He got a new face.

Reg Barclay, Miles O'Brien, and Q in that order.

Deleted
    Locutus of course.

Cho and Taran Zhu count? Because I'd pick them. Mostly Cho though.

Wrathion grew on me quickly despite how much I hated his accelerated maturing.

Krelas embodies your proud blood elven demeanor and therefore gets my favor. Hopefully he'll feature again in the future, as well as other lovable blood elven bastards like Astalor.

I haven't gotten far with Alliance questing in WoD, but I've liked Yrel from what I've seen of her from Horde-perspective.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Krelas embodies your proud blood elven demeanor and therefore gets my favor. Hopefully he'll feature again in the future, as well as other lovable blood elven bastards like Astalor.
    Though it is mysterious how Krelas managed to remain part of the Kirin Tor despite being a blood elf and horde leaning no less.

OT

From the recently introduced characters I'd say I like Wrathion the most.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2015-02-23 at 12:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yrel. The draenei have so few developed characters, and I've really enjoyed her story in wod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    No one else than our transcended lord and savior, blessed Go'el, exalted by all. He is arguably best character created in fiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this on the front page forum feed and my first thought was easily Jean-Luc Piccard. Then I read the thread and was like Ohhhhhh. So to be on topic, Ga'nar. I loved his role in the story of frostfire. There aren't many moments in this game that made my jaw drop but the ending of that story was one of them.

I'm excited to see what Yrel's 'dark secret' is.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I'm excited to see what Yrel's 'dark secret' is.
    It's speculated that She's the direct decendent of either Kil'jaeden or Archimonde, probably Archimonde

Deleted
    Since you picked Dezco, which appeared in MoP, I'll take Thisalee Crow, which appeared in Cataclysm first.

She a great character, the way a night elf should be, stealthy, making you doubt your every decision and waiting for you to prove yourself before she gives you any credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    She a great character, the way a night elf should be
    A shit-talking worthless bag of meat? You need to bring your standarts a bit higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blook and Kimzee Pinchwhistle. Being called Beater Boss whenever walking by him and then seeing him discuss Garrison fortifications with other followers makes Blook really memorable and Kimzee is just awesome. I'll feel bad when they aren't able to follow me into the next expansion.