Thread: WoW on 4k?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    If wow doesn't support SLI how do you run SLI in wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Support in the sense that Blizzard won't do jack if your system is running SLI and something goes amiss. That's basically what it means. To officially support it means you'd be going through the process of having to troubleshoot potential SLI related issue and it'd be an extra pain. Instead if it works it works, if it doesn't well whatever.

Deleted
    You are better off running on a lower res and getting a higher refresh 1080p monitor, 4k is alot of pixels to push.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoleg View Post
    If wow doesn't support SLI how do you run SLI in wow?
    It does support SLI, though more often than not you're limited by your CPU, not GPUs. But in an empty zone I've seen both of my GPUs at ~90% load.

At 4k I get more or less twice the FPS with SLI enabled.
    Last edited by mmoc04fee285e2; 2015-02-23 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently run WoW in 4K with 970s SLI. There is a test that you can see under the Nvidia control panel that will turn on a green bar when you are running applications in SLI. It will also grow/shrink the bar (it's an active benchmark) showing you when the application spills to the 2nd card and you are putting more demands on the card bridge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    It does support SLI, though more often than not you're limited by your CPU, not GPUs. But in an empty zone I've seen both of my GPUs at ~90% load.

At 4k I get more or less twice the FPS with SLI enabled.
    Single 970, ultra, fly up super high and look around panda land I get about 60-70 FPS. Full 30 man in raid (big room, not a small hallways which will spike your FPS), under hero I will dip to 40.

SLI 970, ultra, fly up super high and look around panda land I get about 100 - 110 FPS. Full 30 man in raid (big room again) dip to 55 - 65 under hero.

Keep in might it's multiple components of your computer, not a single item, that add up to the better gaming experience.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    That's probably the most ignorant thing I have ever read in my entire life.
    It is absolutely true. The intel Pentium G3258 has a very high Single Core Performance. Since WoWs main thread runs on one core and the second core can handle the rest, you need no more than this. The Single Core performance of the G3258 is almost the same as that of the i7. With an OC, yes, performance will be very similar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    It is absolutely true. The intel Pentium G3258 has a very high Single Core Performance. Since WoWs main thread runs on one core and the second core can handle the rest, you need no more than this. The Single Core performance of the G3258 is almost the same as that of the i7. With an OC, yes, performance will be very similar.
    The G3258 can have some spikes. Check the imgur album I linked above where I set core affinity to just 2 cores.