Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard inspired me to start developing my own RPG [Temporal Ascendance]

saddsadssaddsadssaddsadssaddsadssaddsadssaddsadssaddsadssaddsadssaddsads
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-06-29 at 10:39 PM. Reason: saddsadssaddsadssaddsadssaddsadssaddsadssaddsads

interesting, very interesting

The idea sounds like it has potential.

I would just like to point out that the genre ARPG, at least in modern use, refers to games like Diablo and Path of Exile, not the classic story/lore/exploration based RPG.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Mmmm. Sounds like the game has no direction if there's no handholding and it's not linear. I don't think that's good.

I wonder what engine you're using.

This does sound like something I'd play. Color me interested.

Reminds me of that Myst game that came out a long time ago
    Happy new year to all, and to all a good night!

If you want to make a big game - don't solo it,. you'll be taking forever, and by the time you think you need help it's already too late.
    If you can start up a basic demonstrationable base, start a kickstarter.

You need distance fog and object fade-in,. i see some stuff "popping up" in the distance

Looks pretty good - for a solo project.
    If performance becomes an issue, you can always cut down on the grass some.

I wonder how much you spent on graphics and how much you'll spend before it's done.

Looks cool actually. The aiming looks a bit difficult though to be honest.

As someone who has deved game myself - well done! I rarely see indie (as in, by yourself on your spare time) projects make it this far.

What are your future plans for it?

saddsadssaddsadssaddsadssaddsads
    Last edited by Snarftastic; 2017-06-29 at 10:13 PM.

Hey guys, I've made the second short video which goes over the interface and would love feedback as usual. The juicy stuff is coming next week, such as the tutorial walk through and what not as I slowly prepare for Steam Greenlight

Check it out, let me know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OHx...ature=youtu.be

Credit to you.

Looks like an impressive start. Wish you all the best.

Why would I want to collect different gearsets if I can't see my character? This isn't multiplayer right? So no one else can see me either?

If it was multiplayer then I'd be goddamn impressed at your network coding and server management. I'd be REALLY fucking impressed.

Kind of curious about the math behind the game.

I wonder if you have beta testers because I'm really curious as to how that save button works. It would be so fun to try to break it.

If you only need a little bit of money ( less than $20k) don´t even bother doing a Kickstarter, just set up a website and do pre-orders at a discount. If you plan on selling the game for $30, do the pre-orders for $20. Look on the Unity asset store for a guy called protofactor. He sells animal and creature packs that will give you a lot of bang for your buck. Buy like the animals pack, get those creatures in your videos, which will help you sell more pre-orders, and you can buy more of his packs and it will be very easy to get a few hundred models in your game for under $1000. Some of them will be replaced, but most of his stuff is game ready and cheap and fully animated. Get combat going against basic animals as early as possible. ´Walking through landscape´ videos are nice to show your art style, but most people nowadays are aware that they are very easy to make using modern engines. You need to have decent basic animals ( bears, wolves, boars, alligators etc) and show off your combat system as soon as possible.

Edit - also have to agree with a previous poster. Don´t use ´aRPG´ that is not really what your game is. ARPGs are basically games with very limited skills and abilities that you use very frequently to kill a ton of the same creature type quickly. Your game is definitely just an RPG.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-03-01 at 02:42 AM.

Very interesting. I do like what you've done, especially that you're doing it alone! I assume there will be professions? If so, what types (e.g. Blacksmithing, Tailoring)? Best of luck to you!

--------

I watched the video after posting this, since all I saw were images and was reading some of the information on your website. This game looks like a lot of fun and I honestly hope you are able to get it off the ground. I love the spell casting the most, well as the ability graphics. You're actually inspiring me to do my own little project, even though I understand it takes a lot of time.
    Last edited by DeleteThisThanks; 2015-03-09 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    As a player let me emphasize: focus on gameplay. .. Levitate stuff, maybe even entire weaker animals(plummet that bosr off a cliff) and later on maybe allow players to move gisnt bosses their hands to punch themselvves in the face!

Just an idea, but fun gameplay is the single most important thing, looks come later ( that being said it looks great)

It looks very cool, I wish you the best ! <3

Homophobia is so gay.

Not going to lie, this is very impressive. I will bookmark this. Please let us know when it goes to greenlight and kickstarter! I am interested in following this. Keep up the work

Congrats on doing something with your life, may great fortunes come your way. I will support you if you start a kick starter, people who seek to change the world is always a plus.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2015-03-03 at 03:46 AM.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.