Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by thenazgul View Post
    That's good. Just keep getting manipulated by the marketing/sponsoring-industry, not open yourself of the input of USERS(community/customers). I keep suggesting either the 980 or the R290X. If the creator of this topic decides to take a other card (even the 970) then I respect his choose, be happy for him and wish him many hours of game-enjoyment.
    The 980 and the 290X are both more expensive options. Most people are on a budget. Sure, if you have the money, go for the 980, of course. Not everyone does though and the 970 is still an excellent card performing as well or better than other cards at it's price level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    The 980 and the 290X are both more expensive options. Most people are on a budget. Sure, if you have the money, go for the 980, of course. Not everyone does though and the 970 is still an excellent card performing as well or better than other cards at it's price level.
    The 290x costs the same as the 970, or could possibly be slightly cheaper even.

Quote Originally Posted by pwnyu View Post
    Hi All,

I've been having frame rate issues for a while now when raiding. I have turned down my settings to help and now play with 1080p in Windowed mode at High. This has helped somewhat with my FPS but at times it still dips under 20fps and becomes unplayable.

Current system is i5 2500k 4.5ghz, 8GB 1600mhz G.Skills, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, GTX670 2gb, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Antec Signature 650W, 2560x1440 - 27 inch Korean IPS monitor

Budget - $$$ is not a issue
    Resolution - 1440p
    Games / Settings Desired - Ultra WoW + 20-30 player raiding environment
    Any other intensive software or special things you do - Only play WoW and browse the web/stream Twitch
    Country - Australia
    Parts that can be reused - system parts listed above
    Do you need an OS - Win 8.1 Currently installed already
    Do you need peripherals - No

Have the latest Nvidia Drivers etc.

In short will a 970 fix this or will this not make a difference as something else is up?
    OP go into the BIOS and disable ALL power saving features. Same thing happened to me when I went from AMD to Intel. Game was unplayable, fps would stay below 20. But if you go disable all that shit your fps will be well over 100 sans vsync

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

Your problem is not everyone's zolok. I overclock my PC with offset voltage and speedstep enabled, and everything works perfectly fine. When i have a load on my CPU it goes up to 4200mhz, when im just browsing the web or whatever it drops right back to to 1600mhz and .972 volts.

Like i mentioned earlier in this thread there HAS been issues with windows power management in the past, but at least for me this has been fixed and my PC fully clocks up and down like it should depending on the load.

I raid at 1440p 60 FPS with nearly-maxed graphics (antialiasing is 4x MSAA and I'm not using the latest shadow options). GTX 770 4 GB, i5-4670k, 16 GB ram. I'm able to fraps at this resolution/framerate or stream (reduced to 720p 30 fps), but not both at the same time. I also have a second 1080p monitor running on the same card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Awesome, im torn on getting a 144hz TN or a 60hz 1440p monitor. I know i would like the image quality of the qnix better but id like to try a 144hz screen to see if it gets rid of the choppyness of a 60hz panel dropping below vsync. Only rarely does this happen on mine, but when i do drop below 60 i get a chop (on a vsynced monitor when you drop below 60 it displays as if you were at 30). Gsync is out of the question money wise, maybe ill buy screens locally just to test then make up my decision lol.
    You might as well get the Acer (and probably every panel based on that AHVA) one that you somewhat were dubious about. The ghosting you were worried about are on the levels of a fast TN panel with not even moderate overdrive overshoot. Not to mention it has even lower input lag than the Asus PG278Q. It has ULMB if you're even more afraid of motion blur. There is literally nothing about a TN panel now that is worth it.
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-02-26 at 09:05 PM.