Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Wait! You can now cast Lava Burst on the move with the new EoTE??

I though new Echo just makes Lava Surge dont replace the current Echo?
    I'm not sure what your exact question is about echo, but this is how it will work now:

Echo will give you two charges of lava burst. When you get a lava surge proc (or force one using the 4PC bonus), it will add one stack of lava burst without resetting the cooldown. That means that every lava surge proc under echo worth the full 8 second cooldown of lava burst. Without echo, it would have been worth whatever the remaining time is. What Markooo is saying is that, while moving, you will get 2 GCDs of movement with the 4pc, because you will get the earth shock followed by the free lava surge proc (which will not waste any time on your lava burst cooldown if you have echo).

I love the new echo talent myself. I don't really raid so I can't say anything about it in that aspect; but it's so much more fun and feels more fluid while questing and doing 5 mans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love destroying trash in brf with EoE and EQ's. lol
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

I guess some US players have raided in 6.1 now? How was it?

I cleared 10/10 heroic BRF with my guild last night and have to say that I had a lot of fun with the new EotE. It is especially fun on a fight like Iron Maidens, as I pulled around 45k dps for the fight EoE/PE/LM. I tried out storm elemental on some fights, but I would only use it for fights that last 6-7 minutes. Hardly any fights are 3 minutes long to make it viable in that respect. Burst aoe for elemental shamans is incredibly good right now with EotE. On a fight like beastlord, however, the pack beasts die so darn fast that by the time you get a chain lightning off and cast your first earthquake, the adds are pretty much dead at that point. Overall, I am happy with the 6.1 changes so far. Feel free to PM me for whatever.

I play an elemental shaman, Zaxyl, on the realm Mal'ganis-US.

I raided last night as well and I noticed our AOE and burst is much better. However, our single target sustained DPS seems to have dropped. I should mention that I have the 2pc bonus. Maybe, I just got used to that nice multistrike boost that was cut in half?

Edit: I also have a question. If you have two stacks of EQ and you drop both of them in the same location, is that mob getting hit by both? Yesterday I was doing this rotation for AOE: CL, EQ, ES, CL, EQ, CL CL CL

Quote Originally Posted by Furburg View Post
    I raided last night as well and I noticed our AOE and burst is much better. However, our single target sustained DPS seems to have dropped. I should mention that I have the 2pc bonus. Maybe, I just got used to that nice multistrike boost that was cut in half?

Edit: I also have a question. If you have two stacks of EQ and you drop both of them in the same location, is that mob getting hit by both? Yesterday I was doing this rotation for AOE: CL, EQ, ES, CL, EQ, CL CL CL
    2pc got nerfed but 4pc got buffed so you will notice a slight DPS loss until you get your 4pc.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Furburg View Post
    Yes the mobs getting hit by both Earthquackes, so feel free to place them on another to burst up you AOE.

But dont forget castin CL inbetween the EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post
    Yes the mobs getting hit by both Earthquackes, so feel free to place them on another to burst up you AOE.

But dont forget castin CL inbetween the EQ.
    Also, when you get 4pc its CL, EQ, ES->lvb, CL, EQ, CL... ASSUMING your LS Stacks are 12+

Anyone doing SET over EF?

Deleted
    Not with 4set, would if i had only 2set or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinah View Post
    Not with 4set, would if i had only 2set or less.
    Since its a higher chance ti get 2x EF with every FS i assume?

I was pumped last noght to try out the "new ele" however we lacked healer and i had to heal all but maidens....
    But how is it now. Is em/uf/ef still the way to go (i got 4 set) and when would we use echo? It felt suitable on maidens for me.
    Any boss at all to use SET?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hots View Post
    Since its a higher chance ti get 2x EF with every FS i assume?
    You just get more EF x2 in general, most of them will go to ES.

EotE/UF/EF is my go-to setup this patch, the only boss i wouldnt go echo for is maidens since echo only gives you one extra EQ at pull and after each boat. I haven't tried it out myself but my gut-feeling is EM will be better on that boss.

At the moment there's no boss that i would go SET on, even for fights with heavy movement. Since you've got 2 charges on lvb and the fact that the 4set procs of 12+ LS stacks EF hardly loses any value on movement since you can just sit on one lvb charge while moving and then fire it off when you've stopped.
    Last edited by mmoc8c922d9e1c; 2015-02-26 at 10:14 AM.

You should reconsider using SET. With the 30% buff in 6.1, it already sims better than EF, and it also allows for you to "smartly" use it (you can stack it with other cooldowns or you can save it for a burst phase if needed). Currently, I'm running echo/UF/SET on most fights in BRF with my 4pc. For maidens, I ran AS/PE/LM (AS and EM have very similar value here).

Deleted
    Welp, downloaded the 6.1 version of simc and SET does indeed sim the highest, 6.0.3-27 with PTR setting had EF come out on top. http://imgur.com/Duz9goZ

Deleted
    Same for me, even tho I went into the raid pretty unprepared (only had 5 minutes til raid after getting home..). I pulled almost 42k dps at gruul hc with echo/pe/set at 680. Single target I feel like we are a tad better, but I was pretty lost at multidot fights like hanz&franz and flamebender. I used to pull almost 40k at those, now I had like 35k. Have to find the right flow there, but I guess for fights like those we still go echo/pe/Magma? Any other suggestions?

I simmed yesterday for single target and the best for me is also echo/uf/set.

Deleted
    Flamebender I'd just go EotE/UF/SET, the dogs are only up for a short time and probably not stacked up with the boss so LM won't do much good. Hans/frans it depends on how well they are stacked up and how long the phases with both bosses active are. If your raid has high dps and just blow through the fight I'd prob just go SET.

SET question:

Do you open with FET or SET + Searing. Does BL change it?

Deleted
    EotE/UF/SET:

BL on pull: http://imgur.com/a/nuEpP
    BL on 30%: http://imgur.com/a/08Y7P

EM/UF/SET:

BL on pull: http://imgur.com/a/AkVXX
    BL on 30%: http://imgur.com/a/gcuCJ

TLDR: Open SET + searing.
    Last edited by mmoc8c922d9e1c; 2015-02-26 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a related note, is there a way to get Simcraft to run all possible talent setups in one go?