Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    PoM now stacks to 14 if you have the 2-piece. It's a pretty decent QoL change when it comes to not clipping with WoM IMO.
    Last edited by ceddya; 2015-02-25 at 08:05 AM.

I thought the max stack was 10. So with the two tier piece, you start off with 9 stacks.
    Is that not correct?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namja23 View Post
    I thought the max stack was 10. So with the two tier piece, you start off with 9 stacks.
    Is that not correct?
    Nope, it's definitely 14.

Quote Originally Posted by namja23 View Post
    Is that not correct?
    With 2 piece tier each PoM starts with 9. With 6.1 you can refresh PoM up to 14 by casting on it again or if it lands on someone with a PoM already.
    Its a small buff due to less wasted stacks, some are still wasted but its less now.

Deleted
    I just did 79k as holy on kromog, must be highest recorded holy throughput on logs if anyone is interested. I missed my food buff as well
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...y&difficulty=4

Quote Originally Posted by Proping View Post
    I just did 79k as holy on kromog, must be highest recorded holy throughput on logs if anyone is interested. I missed my food buff as well
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...y&difficulty=4
    Nice, must be fun to underheal Heroics. WTB that 80% ToF uptime.
    Last edited by ceddya; 2015-02-26 at 11:38 PM.

Well done Proping, grats on #1 parse. I see that you casted very few PoHs, I guess without 4pc it might be more efficient to play the old style. Are you just casting PoM as soon as it comes off CD and then Renew > CoH?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Negato View Post
    Well done Proping, grats on #1 parse. I see that you casted very few PoHs, I guess without 4pc it might be more efficient to play the old style. Are you just casting PoM as soon as it comes off CD and then Renew > CoH?
    Yea, CoH>PoM>Renew pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    I was doing some thinking about mindbender vs SoL. I only got my 4pc for the end of last lockout but it felt to me like a lot of those SoL procs weren't giving me the full benefit that they were before, quite often I'd be overlapping serendipity from the 4pc with the serendipity gained by the SoL proc. It doesn't take many lose for SoL to fall behind mindbender. Even pre mindbender buff you needed about 3 procs a minute of SoL to have equal raw mana gains to mindbender when using all the serendipity procs on heal. With bender being buffed that requirement will be increased, you'd almost certainly need to make effective use of PoH from the serendipity procs to save an equal amount of mana. And it still relies on you getting the procs, which limits its usefulness to fights with no downtime.
    The easiest way I've found to model Surge of Light is to determine what spell you're replacing. I see three options:
    1. Renew. Here you're probably gaining about 500 hps (very hand-wavey) while only saving mana equivalent to about half what you'd regenerate with Mindbender. This is likely the most common raid option.

2. Binding Heal. Here you're really just setting up Prayer of Healing for massive throughput. However, the value of saving mana is questionable since you're spending mana so fast that none of the talents in this tier can hope to catch up. The trash before the door to Imperator's room is an example of this option - intense multi-target healing over a short period of time.

3. Flash Heal. Here you'd be casting a lot of Flash Heal no matter what talent you selected. Being able to save the full cost of Flash Heal when you're casting it regularly makes SoL a far better choice than Mindbender. Most 5-mans and a fight like Brackenspore would be an example of this option.

Assuming you don't have Divine Star, the prevalence of #1 seems to make Surge of Light a poor talent. However, a Renew-centric approach doesn't really even need mana regen while a PoH-centric approach needs more mana regen than any combination of talents can provide. So an argument could be made for Surge of Light in terms of throughput - that extra 500 hps (-ish) is a minor feature of Surge of Light, but your Mindbender doesn't provide enough mana to allow you to gain that extra hps.

Consider the log linked earlier in this thread. Mindbender restored 80k mana. With Surge of Light, he would have seen 16 procs - 6 Flash Heal, 10 Renew replacement for about 63k. By the end of the fight, this would mean a 5k shortfall - about 2 Renew. Those 2 Renew would have been (very, very roughly) counter-balanced by the 10 Renew upgrades to Flash Heal. So if you're willing to accept a fair bit of fuzziness in your analysis, Mindbender and Surge of Light would have been relatively similar even in a situation where Serendipity was left unused.
    Last edited by VigilantRose; 2015-02-27 at 01:48 AM.