Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    WOW is an MMO RPG, not a fucking raid game. All content is CONTENT.
    Yeah is sad really, in that it seems to a lot of people if the content patch does not include a new raid or new dungeon or whatever, then it is not a content patch..

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    A quest to turn scraps into enhancement tokens... Bleh, how about a quest to turn scraps into the armor tokens for transmog instead!?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Can't wait to hear the same goddamn killjoy whining every single time they add something that isn't a raid or dungeon.

Because 10 years of that shit just wasn't enough.
    Yeah unfortunately this is all we ever hear about now days it is really a sad state of affairs when all that most people can do is whine and complain, or complain and whine..

The people that are complaining about lack of content are in the right here, no one is saying it HAS to be a dungeon or a raid, (although a pair of new 5 mans would be cool) there just needs to be something that is actual playable content, half the list is hotfix and the other half is stuff that had no right to not make it into the xpac.

I mean what new outdoor world content is there really? from what I can see there is none.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Can't wait to hear the same goddamn killjoy whining every single time they add something that isn't a raid or dungeon.

Because 10 years of that shit just wasn't enough.
    That said, a quest, a ton of bug fixes and minor additions to the garrision - oh and a selfie cam, really isn't that patch worthy on its own.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

This is actually way more than I thought. It might lack new quest hubs but still a lot to keep me busy.

Deleted
    chaud, the pictures of the new lighting in your post are in wrong order.
    1st links to HighQuality - 2nd to LowQuality - 3rd to MediumQuality

just wanted to point this out for you, or anyone who is confused

Deleted
    So are we europeans getting 6.1 on wednesday?

Virtually zero new content. Unreal. Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves for this abomination.

So...those of you complaining would rather they had kept the Blackrock raid back so they could release it as part of the 6.1 content patch like they used to do instead of releasing it earlier? You've already done absolutely everything out in the world that there is to do up to and including Mythic BRF? Somehow, I have my doubts. More likely is that you feel they didn't tailor anything specifically to you personally for this content patch and now the US northeast need never fear being short of salt for the roads during the winter storms.

Do I find every new feature or bit of content from this patch amazing? No, of course not. Everyone has different tastes. But to say they're adding "nothing" just because there may be little that you personally find interesting is hyperbolic nonsense. You are not special and the world (of Warcraft) does not nor should it ever revolve around you.

I know that it's just so the holiday tokens will still have some value to people like me who've pretty much done all the holiday things years ago, but the tokens required to buy the heirloom upgrades are kind of ridiculous. Like the Love Tokens - 450 for the 100 upgrade? That would take freaking forever. Took long enough to get 270. And 75 Coins of Ancestry is just a few shy of the total you can possibly get on one character per year, meaning that takes awhile, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    " Followers who are working or inactive can be upgraded. "

Yes, this has been like that since launch, what is new?
    No, you currently can't upgrade followers who are away or assigned to a building.

Awwwww, am I the only one that likes the Male Night Elf run animation? :[
    xD

Why must people misconstrue the arguments?

Its less that this is a bare bones patch. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

The issue is that we waited 4 months for a bare bones patch and will likely be waiting another 4 for another. It's a question of time. In MoP, in less time, we had a patch with a sizeable questline and all sorts of new content. This, despite blizz always saying they want to bring out content faster.

if you were somehow under the impression that blizzard could make a new raid tier every 3 months then you should know that they can't

there's plenty in this patch

so where are the real patch notes?

I dont see any worthwhile "content" in this "content patch"

Quote Originally Posted by Naju View Post
    No, you currently can't upgrade followers who are away or assigned to a building.
    i can upgrade my followers whom are working in a building on live servers, when they are on missions, i can not, however

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    if you were somehow under the impression that blizzard could make a new raid tier every 3 months then you should know that they can't

I dont think there are many that are under that impression. But compare 6.1 to say, 5.1 (which took less time to make) and there's no competition which was better and had more content. Or even 6.1 to 4.1. Heck 3.1 -was- a raid patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post

Quite easy to please, are we? No wonder Blizzard is able to get away with doing bare minimum and receives praise even when doing so. I find it rather pathetic, really. But that's just my humble opinion.

On topic: I see loads of new stuff, but nothing really that screams "this will keep you here and entertained until the next patch! Enjoy!". Better luck with 6.2, I suppose.

It seems most effort went into upgrading the game engine, the new lighting system and super smooth anti-alias-everything looks really good, especially on top of an engine made in 2002. Personally I'm glad they went for a big upgrade effort this patch.