Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Enhancement Fire Nova Bug on 6.1

I may have found a potentially nasty bug with fire nova on the current PTR build (19658). The bug occurs when attempting to use fire nova right around when it is coming off cooldown. Normally the spell would simply be queued and then cast when it comes off cooldown. Instead what's happening is it's resulting in a spell not ready error until some given time after it comes off cooldown. I even had one case with the new echo where by spamming the key I was unable to cast until I had gained a whole additional charge, waiting two whole CDs to cast once it recharged. This bug DOES NOT occur with the GCD however.

I can't link to the post since my account is new but you can find my bug report here: us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16411691461

This bug could have already been fixed internally but I have no way of knowing. I'm posting here to try and get more eyes on the problem to see if I missed anything as well as raise awareness so hopefully the Devs don't miss it. I'd appreciate if anyone could help verify the bug and possibly compare it to how fire nova currently works on live better than I did. If you have a twitter account you might toss a link of the bug report to WarcraftDevs.

I think it's likely that this bug won't be fixed for the initial 6.1 release but post release hotfix based on how late it was found. I know this could potentially suck if a fix takes too long but I hope we can all remain calm and get it fixed.

Please keep updating if they respond to your bug. This is very interesting. Thanks.

With 6.1 live I went ahead and made a report on the live bug forum in case they take the PTR forum down.
    us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16410181646

Doing Highmaul bosses for Pepe, this bug is still around. Looks like OP made a new thread in the normal bug report forum.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16410181646

I posted to say it's still happening and bump it to the top, and I imagine if other people post with more proof or just to say it's still there it may be useful.

Thank you for posting a concise video of the issue. Very clear that only the actual CD and not the GCD are affect . Hopefully the quality of this bug report helps them nail the issue down faster

Just curious, does using Ascendance allow you to Windstrike immediately after regardless of SS being on cooldown? Remember this being an issue in earlier builds

Quote Originally Posted by Smaxy View Post
    Just curious, does using Ascendance allow you to Windstrike immediately after regardless of SS being on cooldown? Remember this being an issue in earlier builds
    This has apparently been fixed.

Yeah this bug is quite annoying and is on live.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone confirm its been fixed? Lore just tweeted me back saying it was about an ago.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone seeing similar strange response times using UE? Sounds just like this. I've seen both in our raid tonight.

The bug seems to be that FN is not benefiting from flurry even though the client thinks it is. So say your flurry reduces the CD to 3s, you see it off CD, you hit the button, but the server says "nope still on CD for 1s". Any haste effect will cause this.

Seems fixed this morning. Woo!

Quote Originally Posted by Qaletaqa View Post
    Did you check and make sure other skills are working as well? last night I felt LL and SS were kinda clunky as well, I assume they get the same problem like fire nova, it just happens far less often.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaletaqa View Post
    This is great news. Logged into he forums while at work today to see if they fixed it. It was painful raiding last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligun View Post
    This is great news. Logged into he forums while at work today to see if they fixed it. It was painful raiding last night.
    I had a trail for a new guild last night, i felt like crap because how low I was doing on aoe fights than I normally would be doing, blizzard fucked me over so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by 16dots View Post
    I had a trail for a new guild last night, i felt like crap because how low I was doing on aoe fights than I normally would be doing, blizzard fucked me over so hard.
    Same thing for me. My only saving grace was my previous logs and a link to the bug in forums.

Glad to hear they fixed this.

Sounded quite annoying. Glad I didn't have to experience this as our raids are Thurs/Sun/Mon.

They might have fixed this for Fire Nova but yesterday, during the full duration of a raid I was in, it has been happening to both Stormstrike and Lava Lash. Albeit once in a while as opposed to happening every free gcd.