Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It's very cliche.

Plus Blizzard has already done it a few times.
    There is an easy way to fix that.
    After they well deserved victory Cordana and Khadgar finally have a time to get closer to each other. Khadgar lies on bed with "I like what i see" expression.
    Cordana: Khadgar there is something i must tell you... /removes her armor ....IM ACTUALLY A MAN !!!
    Khadgar: What tha fu...
    Cordana: This helmet really messes up my voice (Note: Cordana real voice sounds like 45 year old member of biker gang)
    Khadgar: What the actual fu....
    Cordana: But don't worry, I really like the grandpa types, so i will give you your reward...
    Khadgar: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Khadgar - Bad ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    It's in the patch notes, stop crying.
    No it is not, it is in the new blog post.

Sitting in a tree?

I dunno, maybe, they seem very comfortable with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Hard to say if she's hot, all you can really see are her ears in that suit of armor... Unless you find that hot of course.
    I bet that armour is extremely hot :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Wardens are all lesbians so there can't be anything.

What is the deal with Cordana, anyway? I thought Wardens were supposed to be prison guards on the other side of Azeroth. Did the kaldorei run out of criminals?

On her relationship with Khadgar, I don't think there's anything special about it. Maybe they're friendly, but it's probably more professional based.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    What is the deal with Cordana, anyway? I thought Wardens were supposed to be prison guards on the other side of Azeroth. Did the kaldorei run out of criminals?

On her relationship with Khadgar, I don't think there's anything special about it. Maybe they're friendly, but it's probably more professional based.
    It may be because WoD is kinda a nostalgia drawback to TBC and maiev was in tbc so you know, they just put cordana to be here. I was actually wondering, why of all people, night elf warden is the one to hunt gul'dan.

I guess after Maiev betrayal the order is no more.

This is the nostalgia expansion. A lot of nostalgia things for BC and WC2.

Cordana is there because Maiev was part of BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It may be because WoD is kinda a nostalgia drawback to TBC and maiev was in tbc so you know, they just put cordana to be here. I was actually wondering, why of all people, night elf warden is the one to hunt gul'dan.
    Well, the wardens don't just guard criminals, they hunt them down and catch them too, and that would make it pretty reasonable to send her along, i'm just glad there's a Night elf NPC in the expansion with an actual role in the story (Albeit a minor one so far)

Eh I honestly think it has more to do with the chat scripts of khadgar getting berrated about using dark magics against Gul'dan. Probably goes at least a little corrupt and she is needed to hunt him/possibly try to redeem him.

Deleted
    I hope this isn't another elf female - human male rommance, it would make me vomit really. Especially that Cordana is bald and only with ponytail (if you don't believe me, check her official artwork, she's half bald), above 2 meters tall, strong and probably muscular tomboy Warden.

But I have another theory. Well, she's a Warden. Wardens are famous with their fanaticism. And I think that she just got some orders from Tyrande or Malfurion, kind of "go now, Cordana, and protect this man by your own steel breast, because this man is important for our High King, Varian, and we, Night Elves, have nothing better to do than serve him well". And Cordana said "aye, aye, milady!" and she now protects Khadgar, because orders of Tyrande are sacred.
    Yup, that's all.

Deleted
    I'm actually starting to think that night elves didn't fully accept mages. Instead, they just sent their own representatives to watch over said mages so that they wouldn't do anything sketchy or summon Legion or something. Think about it, why is Cordana with Khadgar all the time? Because Tyrande sent her to watch what this powerful mage is doing and help him if he does something good or, if need be, kill him.
    Same for Jaina, remember Pained? In the Tides of War book, Pained says that she has not left Jaina because during the Battle of Mount Hyjal she was assigned to protect her and then Tyrande never gave her the order to come back. Why would this be? Because Pained offered Tyrande info on what Jaina was doing and making sure she wasn't going crazy and summoning the Legion or something. While Pained did become somewhat of a friend to Jaina, if Jaina had tried to summon the Legion, Pained would have shoved her sword through her back without regret from the way her personality is portrayed.
    In fact, this could actually be the same for the Highbourne. Remember that saying, keep your friends close and your enemies closer? Well, if there's a sect of Highbourne, what better way to keep them in check than allow them to move in with you, so they're only a stone's throw away if something happens?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I'm actually starting to think that night elves didn't fully accept mages. Instead, they just sent their own representatives to watch over said mages so that they wouldn't do anything sketchy or summon Legion or something. Think about it, why is Cordana with Khadgar all the time? Because Tyrande sent her to watch what this powerful mage is doing and help him if he does something good or, if need be, kill him.
    Its funny because night elves have much more experience in summoning burning legion than any mage.

Deleted
    Well... yes, they kind of did. Remember, in the path to Mount Hyjal, Tyrande pardoned all prisoners who came to fight with her. But then... what do you think happened if one refused? Well, the same thing that happened to the wardens that refused! Executed on the spot!
    And since then the night elves haven't really kept many prisoners anymore. Sure, you had Fandral... who escaped and got murdered. And there was that satyr in Hyjal, who also escaped. And... that's about it. Since the Battle of Mount Hyjal night elves haven't kept prisoners much.... they killed those of their race who joined the evil powers since they can't be bothered to use a part of their race to guard worthless scum. Fandral was kept in tow because many believed he was driven mad by the Old Gods and some hoped he'd be redeemed once as he was a good leader while he wasn't mad. The satyr had been imprisoned millenia ago. As for the rest? Killed on the spot.

You're not dealing with humans here who caught the defias and Hogger and put them in the Stockades. You're dealing with night elves here, who see someone of their race doing evil and they kill them on the spot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its funny because night elves have much more experience in summoning burning legion than any mage.
    I believe you're thinking of blood elves actually. Highbourne can be included too, but since they're "watched", it doesn't really count as much. I mean, the Highbourne summoned what, a demon dog and some imps while the blood elves had part of their race join Kael'thas and almost summon Kil'jaden... this after 10k years ago they almost summoned Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    She's in a full suit of metal armor and a very thick cloak...
    But....dem ears!

Deleted
    Those two are married. Trust me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post

I believe you're thinking of blood elves actually. Highbourne can be included too, but since they're "watched", it doesn't really count as much. I mean, the Highbourne summoned what, a demon dog and some imps while the blood elves had part of their race join Kael'thas and almost summon Kil'jaden... this after 10k years ago they almost summoned Sargeras.
    Not exactly. Highborne or not, they were still Night Elves while summoning Sargeras - so I think saying that Night Elves have done more with summoning demons than any mage, is still true. Of course Night Elves that we are playing was those "good ones", the rests of past Kaldorei Resistance, who never were summoning any demon (except Illidan and his Demon Hunters, maybe, but they are one of the exceptions), but still those Highborne who were, was Night Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven
    Think about it, why is Cordana with Khadgar all the time? Because Tyrande sent her to watch what this powerful mage is doing and help him if he does something good or, if need be, kill him.
    Same for Jaina, remember Pained? In the Tides of War book, Pained says that she has not left Jaina because during the Battle of Mount Hyjal she was assigned to protect her and then Tyrande never gave her the order to come back. Why would this be? Because Pained offered Tyrande info on what Jaina was doing and making sure she wasn't going crazy and summoning the Legion or something. While Pained did become somewhat of a friend to Jaina, if Jaina had tried to summon the Legion, Pained would have shoved her sword through her back without regret from the way her personality is portrayed.
    Yeah. I totally forgot about Pained, and indeed, this is very similar situation here. I think you could be right with this theory.

And since then the night elves haven't really kept many prisoners anymore.
    This is also possible, because of Tyrande. She freed many of prisoners while setting Illidan free. It's hard to say why they were imprisoned, but it could be for many reasons: for simple crimes like stealing or murders, some political crimes, and playing with magic, too. Anyway - she set free many of them and cancelled their punishment, to make them as allies in the Battle of Mount Hyjal. Plus, she killed also many of Watchers. The rest of Watchers who survived probably followed Maiev into Outland, many also was killed by Illidan and his Naga (like Naisha and her warriors, and she, as I believe, was a Warden too, not just a typical huntress). In Kalimdor there left only few of them, in this - Cordana, also. But when whole big dungeon under Barrow Deep is almost empty now, it's possible that she is now jobless - and this is she is now only a military unit, not a prison warden, and why she is in Draenor now. She just needed a new job. So now she's probably just doing Tyrande's orders in the best way that Wardens can - she's watching Khadgar with fanaticism close to obsession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously Nightelf society needs prison guards in lore, you think theyre all goodie goodies? I dont see why the wardens should have been abolished. Blizzard was faced with developing a bodyguard character for Khadgar and chose to both give the nightelves some screen time and reuse the warden model, saving them having to make another character model. I very much doubt their relationship will develop beyond creative hinting to get people interested, unless 6.2 holds actual surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It's a shame there are no other powerful mages around. Like an entire civilization based on arcane or a blood elf magister or anything like that.
    Mages trained and mentored by one of the most powerful mages to ever exist in Medivh and also wielding Atiesh? No there are none. Gul'dan would mop the floor with pretty much anyone but Khadgar. Except maybe Thrall, Malfurion, Velen or Grom, each also being the most elite in there chosen class.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

I've played through the Khadgar related quests several times and honestly, I'm not seeing anything apart from bodyguard/companion relationship.
    So it irks me when people call out sterotype of Human/Elf love relationship. It only happend, what? TWO TIMES?! Alos, one of those is dead and other have been missing for +20 years.
    Also, Cordana is a Night Elf, not a High Elf. So even if there was something more, it would be different than what we were given up to now.