Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    So it irks me when people call out sterotype of Human/Elf love relationship. It only happend, what? TWO TIMES?! Alos, one of those is dead and other have been missing for +20 years.
    More times.
    Sylvanas had probably too close relationship with Nathanos Blightcaller, what would make all sisters Windrunner weird and perverted about human males. This is just not natural. Gorillas aren't mating with orangutans, and dogs aren't mating with cats. Even if sapient race would fall in love with other sapient race, there should be no children from this relationship - just like there should be no Arathor the Redeemer and no Rhonin's and Vereesa's kids. And no Med'an, too.
    And Kael'thas was in love with Jaina, too, what is weird, because as a heir of Quel'Thalas throne, he should mate a woman from his own race, the noble woman, of course. But I hope he only wanted Jaina to bed, not for wife. Anyway that things just shouldn't happen, because what will be next? Human-draenei? Orc-tauren? Troll-gnome? It would the best way to produce more Med'ans. And this is why romance between Khadgar and Cordana would be very bad, but if she is just his bodyguard - it's all ok.
    Last edited by mmoc77ff97b6ff; 2015-02-25 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane-Villain View Post
    More times.
    I meant Human/Elf relationships that actually worked.
    And as far as Khadgar and Cordana goes, I'm not seeing anything more.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2015-02-25 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It's a shame there are no other powerful mages around. Like an entire civilization based on arcane or a blood elf magister or anything like that.
    Before everyone jumped on the "lets hate humans because it's cool now" bandwagon ORIGINAL lore had the elves bluntly in shock at how the 100 sent to learn magic were able to so easily and naturally pick up the arcane and master it. So building on that lore it's not surprising who the pre-eminent mages are especially when you consider that was used to power them now bleeds HOLY magic as opposed to arcane.

I'm guessing it takes some time to reattune to the difference.

My gripe is that for a race that is supposed to have built an entire civilisation built on magic, Draenei, we've yet to see a single Draenei mage of note that isn't eredar.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Anyway that things just shouldn't happen, because what will be next? Human-draenei? Orc-tauren? Troll-gnome? It would the best way to produce more Med'ans.
    So long, Rexxar?

Their relationship is, as some have said before, the warden who is addicted to her work.

But i liked the idea of the night elves having an eye on the greatest magi around.

Just because it's between human and elf doesn't make it bad nor good. I see no problem in the relationships of Turalyon/Alleria and Rhonin/Veressa. There's a good chance that people are thinking to much about it when there's no romantic feeling between Khadgar and Cordana like at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I see no problem in the relationships of Rhonin/Veressa.
    And this is where you lose all credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And this is where you lose all credibility.
    and why? Because I don't care what about what you don't like? Not that I care if I would lose any credibility to you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    and why? Because I don't care what about what you don't like? Not that I care if I would lose any credibility to you lol.
    I mean, if you like creepy fanfic-style romance, all the power to you, just dont expect to be taken seriously when discussing the subject.

No one takes those guys saying that they think Me'dan is best character ever seriously either.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2015-02-28 at 12:57 PM.

I think both Windrunner and Kael where in love with the fact that their (potential) partners where humans or have attractive bodies.
    Personally I don't think there are no great romances or partnerships in warcraft. Maybe they should not only hire writers that do other stuff then hero comic stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Khadgar has the hots for Orc men. If you did the intro experience you would know that! He calls that Orc who sacrifices himself strapping. And the way he said it was definitely full of lust. >:3

Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    No George. I did not expect that, but thank you for ruining it for me.
    lol. than wod is made for you ! for people like you...

I mean, if you like creepy fanfic-style romance, all the power to you, just dont expect to be taken seriously when discussing the subject.

No one takes those guys saying that they think Me'dan is best character ever seriously either.
    So just because it's two difference races makes it creepy fanfic?

Alright, I can totally see the logic behind that.

taken seriously in a thread about lore in a wow exp with the shittiest, low quality, not existing lore, an addon ever had ? lol. really.

10+ Year Old Account
    But she is elf, of course she is hot. Fanbase demands it.
    would it make it more interesting if they told the story of how he died hundreds of years before she did being a human and all

Why? Khadgar is going to die in a few years of old age, and she will live on for a long time. What is even the point of human/elf relationships other than a fantasy that the male gets to have a basically ageless wife his whole life? I don't know, is it impossible that a male and female work together without being in a romantic relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    taken seriously in a thread about lore in a wow exp with the shittiest, low quality, not existing lore, an addon ever had ? lol. really.
    I'm confused, this thread isn't about Vanilla or TBC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

More times.
    Sylvanas had probably too close relationship with Nathanos Blightcaller, what would make all sisters Windrunner weird and perverted about human males. This is just not natural. Gorillas aren't mating with orangutans, and dogs aren't mating with cats. Even if sapient race would fall in love with other sapient race, there should be no children from this relationship - just like there should be no Arathor the Redeemer and no Rhonin's and Vereesa's kids. And no Med'an, too.
    And Kael'thas was in love with Jaina, too, what is weird, because as a heir of Quel'Thalas throne, he should mate a woman from his own race, the noble woman, of course. But I hope he only wanted Jaina to bed, not for wife. Anyway that things just shouldn't happen, because what will be next? Human-draenei? Orc-tauren? Troll-gnome? It would the best way to produce more Med'ans. And this is why romance between Khadgar and Cordana would be very bad, but if she is just his bodyguard - it's all ok.
    To be fair, Jaina was essentially royalty as the daughter of one of the leaders of the 7 human kingdoms at the time (Kul'Tiras). Why else would she have Arthas as a playmate?

I'm not so much against elves/humans mating, but I do agree human with orc/draenei hybrid (which itself is all kinds of wrong) is weird, but hopefully Me'dan will never emerge from the black abyss he's hopefully doomed in.

But anyways back a bit on topic, I've never gotten the whole Khadgar/Cordana vibe, seems kinda out there anyways.

Deleted
    Looks like another blizzard cliche: the male human and the female elf. Now where have we seen that before? Oh yeah, Turalyon and Aleria, Rhonin and Whatsherface, Varian and Iforgothername. Why not Khadgar and Cordana now. Keeping it real, Metzen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    To be fair, Jaina was essentially royalty as the daughter of one of the leaders of the 7 human kingdoms at the time (Kul'Tiras). Why else would she have Arthas as a playmate?

Yes, of course, I understand that. And this is why she was a perfect wife for Arthas. She was a daughter of monarch, so of course she was a noble. But the problem is, that she was an other specie. And Kael, as future king of elves, should keep his race and his dynasty with pure thalassian blood. Even Anasterian should just say "no way, sonny, get some wife from elven kind". Something similar could happen maybe in Middle-Earth, because in Middle-Earth elves and humans are basically the same specie (confirmed by Tolkien himself in his letters, his Eldar are better, superior and immortal version of humans, not the kind of alien race) - the only big difference was immortality, but that's all (in ancient times, humans was as strong and beautiful as elves, they just became worse in time). And even in history of Middle-Earth, where elves was just overmen, not different specie, there was only 4 relationships between men and elves - not only 4 known, but 4 existing (also confirmed by Tolkien) for whole about 8-10k years story.

But in Azeroth elves are completely different specie, an alien race. And if elves would mate humans, it would be an intentical situation, like if in "Planet of Apes" humans would mate apes. Apes were intelligent, of course, just like humans from the past. With rich culture and sense of moralty. But they still were apes.

Quote Originally Posted by I dunno
    Varian and Iforgothername.
    Hmm, as I remember well, that wasn't a rommance. Closer to rommance was rather a relationship between Broll and Valeera (yes, he considered her similar to his daughter, but all those quarrels... it begins like a love). But I don't remember Valeera loving Varian or vice versa.
    I would be far more ok for mating between night and high/blood elves. Humans and vrykuls. Trolls of different colors.

Quote Originally Posted by I dunno View Post
    Looks like another blizzard cliche: the male human and the female elf. Now where have we seen that before? Oh yeah, Turalyon and Aleria, Rhonin and Whatsherface, Varian and Iforgothername. Why not Khadgar and Cordana now. Keeping it real, Metzen.
    Human male+female of a race that will be young and hot for the male's entire lifetime is a very big cliche in fantasy.

Elves are by far the most common victims.