Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Get them for free from holiday event currency if you're that fussed about it
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    his number is wrong. anyway
    helm: 2000
    SHoulders: 2000
    cape: 2000
    Chest: 2000
    Pants: 2000
    trinket1: 2000
    Trinket2: 2000
    Ring(if it has upgrades): 2000
    Neck: 2000
    Weapon(2h): 5000

if my math is right thats 23,000g per full set unless you use 2 weapons or 1h+off hand. which would probably be 28,000g
    That's only the cost to upgrade them to 100. You have to upgrade them to 90 first. Nevermind buying the original, which is a "requirement" for the vast majority of players.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mean to sound rude nor elitist, but I think that is fine. We are talking about free superb equipment here, so it is fair that it costs a little bit to have it at its best.

Plus gold is insane now a days, you can easily do what, 3k per day with just one toon? I bet you can do a lot more. So it also makes sense that they find new ways for players to burn a bit of gold.

The more gold we have, the less value it has.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm notoriously terrible at making and saving gold. The only time in my WoW career where I've had over 30K gold was when I sold 2 Hozen Peace Pipes during MoP release for a total of 100K, and I promptly wasted it.

In WoD, I'm currently sitting at 130K. For doing nothing! Just garrison stuff, selling blues and auction house parts, leveling alts, selling garrison mats...gold seems notoriously easy to come by, and I'm not even trying to make bank.

If you haven't bought Heirlooms in the past, sucks to be you, they've been around for years. You should've farmed Badges of Justice back in WLK when I was "LFM DPS & Heals for chain-running dungeons" in trade every day. If money's an issue, then you need to br frugal and buy what you can afford, or buy only what you need for whichever alt you're leveling. That's just how it's going to have to be, that what I would be forced into ding if I was suddenly at 10K right now, like I had been for years on end.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

You don't have to have full heirlooms to level an alt, you know. There are these things in the game called "monsters" that drop items that - wait for it - sometimes are gear you can use and equip!

Oh, that's right, you get attacked and insulted and kicked out of lower level dungeons if you don't have full heirlooms.

LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    That's only the cost to upgrade them to 100. You have to upgrade them to 90 first. Nevermind buying the original, which is a "requirement" for the vast majority of players.
    Having all your heirlooms grandfathered to lvl 90 because you've upgraded them all to 85 in the past for "free" really is just a beautiful thing. All those dungeons I ran are going to save me a lot of gold.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    yeah. this is going to be hell for new players. or anyone who didnt have the 80 and 85 versions already.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    his number is wrong. anyway
    helm: 2000
    SHoulders: 2000
    cape: 2000
    Chest: 2000
    Pants: 2000
    trinket1: 2000
    Trinket2: 2000
    Ring(if it has upgrades): 2000
    Neck: 2000
    Weapon(2h): 5000

if my math is right thats 23,000g per full set unless you use 2 weapons or 1h+off hand. which would probably be 28,000g
    I mean thats not that bad. A casual could farm it up in a week with 2 hours a day of farming ore/herbs. Less if ore and herb prices rise like they may in 6.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    You don't have to have full heirlooms to level an alt, you know. There are these things in the game called "monsters" that drop items that - wait for it - sometimes are gear you can use and equip!

Oh, that's right, you get attacked and insulted and kicked out of lower level dungeons if you don't have full heirlooms.

LOL.
    I don't know who's kicking un-heirloomed people from dungeons, that takes so much time. Typically people with Heirlooms want to level fast, not wait 10 minutes for a kick timer to lapse.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me? An "Anti-Casual" move? Do you have a Salvage Yard? And do you do Follower Missions every couple of days? if you already do that... then you can make the 7k for these upgrades... Even on a casual schedule. I pop on for an hour each day. Long enough to collect my mission rewards, and then to send out more missions... I walk to my Salvage Yard and watch the money come in. I don't hardly do anything and I went from 17k to 50k in 2 weeks. Yes, I got an epic that sold for 15k but even so... this is money made in less than 7 hours a week.

If you play less frequently, or don't play for 7 hours a week... it's okay. You'll still make money... just a bit slower... Which works into even the most casual of schedules.

Remember... I do NOTHING aside from Salvage and I am able to make the gold to get these upgrades... You can do.
    perfect example of someone who can make tons of money not understanding why others cant and dont make a ton of money,

so... some people are saying that being casual means having no gold?

very odd, but at least it's backed up by facts. oh wait.

yeah. this is going to be hell for new players. or anyone who didnt have the 80 and 85 versions already.
    heirlooms have never ever been meant for new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post

LOL.
    I level up a LOT and ive never seen that happen. Stop making stuff up. Yes people get kicked out for being bad, not dpsing etc but not for what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Stop buying stupid shit all the time and you'd have more money, tbh.
    Well, back then I was putting money into reforging, new gyms for upgrades, food, and potions. You know, things needed to raid. Instead of assuming I'm buying stupid shit, like spending a ton on transmog, maybe you should be a bit more considerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I mean thats not that bad. A casual could farm it up in a week with 2 hours a day of farming ore/herbs. Less if ore and herb prices rise like they may in 6.1.
    expects its 1 set and its the 90-100 numbers.
    every upgrade for every single item would probably be between 150,000 and 200,000g

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    heirlooms have never ever been meant for new players.
    you completely missed what i meant. new players(as in first max level ever) farming the gear for their alts.

Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    Well, back then I was putting money into reforging, new gyms for upgrades, food, and potions. You know, things needed to raid. Instead of assuming I'm buying stupid shit, like spending a ton on transmog, maybe you should be a bit more considerate.
    Reforging wasn't very expensive. You spam ReforgeLite a few times and then commit once. And you do it once a week or less depending on number of upgrades you get.

Also, what do you define as a "insane" amount of time playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    Really? 7k per upgrade for Armour and Weapons?

The newest gold sink!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/#heirloomChanges
    People can make 10k a day with garrisons. Get a grip.

10+ Year Old Account
    lolz stop being stupid shit for tmog... /10char
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

10+ Year Old Account
    When they want to put gold up for sale on their website, things like 7000g upgrades for heirlooms shouldn't surprise anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Thats your 6.1 outdoor content... leveling alts.
    Pretty sure Blizzard isn't presenting heirlooms as endgame content so these passive aggressive comments are getting idiotic and tiresome.