Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

5 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse Can Happen

Thought this was an interesting read, being a fan of the Walking Dead and all...

(Read the article for information on each reason, was too long to post)

http://www.cracked.com/article_15643...ly-happen.html

#5. Brain Parasites
    #4. Neurotoxins
    #3. The Real Rage Virus
    #2. Neurogenesis
    #1. Nanobots

Don't zombies have to be undead?

Deleted
    I think the only way we're going to see the whole hordes of zombies and few survivors thing is if whatever causes it is airborne and only few are immune to it. Zombies would never manage to spread very far if you had to be bitten to get the infection.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well damn, way to ruin my high hopes. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I think the only way we're going to see the whole hordes of zombies and few survivors thing is if whatever causes it is airborne and only few are immune to it. Zombies would never manage to spread very far if you had to be bitten to get the infection.
    Well, when you think of how quick a flu virus can spread, we would be screwed if it was airborne lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Don't zombies have to be undead?
    depends on your theory of what a zombie is. They are in ancient text, even in the bible.

Agreed, a robot apocalypse would leave us all fucked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hehe Rage Virus. It seems it make cows into attack cows.
    They even list the syptoms and effects of CJD I wish any of them implied violence

Would love to see Killer Attack Cows, might be a virus CIA will develop some time
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    There seems to be one thing about zombies that is consistent throughout every incarnation, they never attack each other, why?

As a biologist who has expertise in virology, this is not very scientific at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    There seems to be one thing about zombies that is consistent throughout every incarnation, they never attack each other, why?
    That is a good point. BUT some theories suggest they would for food if they had to.

Also bath salts are always on sale at walmart.

Because the entire concept of zombie plagues is fictional on it's basis. Any attempt to bring realism to it falls apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Because the entire concept of zombie plagues is fictional on it's basis. Any attempt to bring realism to it falls apart.
    Republican canidates tried their asses off to do it with ebola though.

Not even page two and it's already turned into a political tit-flipping. Sigh MMO-C I wonder about you sometimes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

You really posted an article from cracked and act like its 100% serious.

Forgive me if I dont run for my leathers and shot gun at this "news".
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Well, I mean. Zombie apocalypse is pretty ridiculous in the sense that most people mean it, but like, you take something like those mushrooms that mind control ants and stuff. You do get like wind blown fungus spores and shit. It's not totally out of the question that a fungus like that could become a "big threat" or whatever. I mean it's basically an arms race all the time against like diseases and shit anyway right, but it's not like actual zombies are ever going to be what's going to kill you. Like virtually no one is going to get bitten, you'll just start showing symptoms and be locked away to get better or die. Like ebola or something.

If it does go down though, bagsie hiding in ellen degeneres's house. She seems lovely like she'd take you in and care for you, but also like if zombies come knocking she don't fuck around.

Anyone who believes that crap could happen needs to have their heads checked themselves. The undead will never rise and start eating people...some people will believe anything.

Everybody knows zombies want BRAINS and no zombie wants to eat dead rotten brain matter. They want living brains.

Seriously, the one reason I always hate typical zombie end of the world stuff is because it always portrays ever army and even person as completely incompetent to cut it off.

Like...seriously, what the hell would zombies do to a tank alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post
    Everybody knows zombies want BRAINS and no zombie wants to eat dead rotten brain matter. They want living brains.
    Yet somehow, those people become zombies and they never actually end up eating the brain in a majority of zombie things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Seriously, the one reason I always hate typical zombie end of the world stuff is because it always portrays ever army and even person as completely incompetent to cut it off.

Like...seriously, what the hell would zombies do to a tank alone?
    Infect it obviously. Jeez you're dense! Silly kitty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Anyone who believes that crap could happen needs to have their heads checked themselves. The undead will never rise and start eating people...some people will believe anything.
    Well, there were those couple cases in which living but mentally insane people attacked people, trying to eat their face off. But that's more like some kind of... mind-affecting virus or something probably. Did they ever find out exactly what was wrong with those two guys to cause that?