Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I loved getting the trials on the low level roulette because the xp per time spent was insanely good. After that I would queue for specific dungeons, that were close to my level and run them with food (any kind, most give a +3% xp buff), the xp was good and I felt like my time was well spent especially if I got upgrades or loot in general I could desynth or wear and turn into materia.
    You spend 30 minutes in que for a fight with almost no xp, how is that better than a dungeon where you are almost guaranteed a level? I mean, I understand that the actual time spent in trial is far shorter than time spent in a trial, but it's that time in the que. Add that 30 minutes to the equation and it's a different story. When Ifrit pops, that 30 minutes was wasted. I now have to finish Ifrit then sit in que for another 30 minutes, if I have the time. If I had got a dungeon, I'd be in th edungeon and getting a level shortly, not sitting in que again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    You spend 30 minutes in que for a fight with almost no xp, how is that better than a dungeon where you are almost guaranteed a level? I mean, I understand that the actual time spent in trial is far shorter than time spent in a trial, but it's that time in the que. Add that 30 minutes to the equation and it's a different story. When Ifrit pops, that 30 minutes was wasted. I now have to finish Ifrit then sit in que for another 30 minutes, if I have the time. If I had got a dungeon, I'd be in th edungeon and getting a level shortly, not sitting in que again.
    That depends on your level. For example if you are level 45 I prefer getting Ifrit in my roulette than Sastasha or something around level 20. At least I can finish it quickly and queue the dungeon that will give me good exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    That depends on your level. For example if you are level 45 I prefer getting Ifrit in my roulette than Sastasha or something around level 20. At least I can finish it quickly and queue the dungeon that will give me good exp.
    I guess. I am currently working on getting everything to 30 at the moment. A lot of nights, after I get home from, work, spend time with family, eat dinner, get daughter to bed, I only have a couple hours to play. If I que and get Ifrit 30 minutes later, spend 10-15 minutes in there because idiots don't listen when you tell them to hit the nail, then I only have about an 1:15 left to play. Not really enough time to run another dungeon after sitting in que for another 30 minutes. So instead of getting practically a guaranteed level, even Sastasha is about half a level, I get almost nothing. I guess if I had 3 hours it would be different, but I have gotten Ifrit back to back before as well. Getting Ifrit literally ruins my chances of getting a level that night.

True, but for that 30 minutes I could be doing FATEs and get as much if not more xp than I would have gotten in a dungeon. Getting Ifrit allows me to get the roulette bonus xp, and then queue for dungeons that I KNOW will give me great xp. At level 30+, getting Sastasha, Copperbell or Tam Tara is a waste of time because the mobs give so little xp, whereas Haukke , Temple of Qarn or dungeons that are "on level" give far more xp per mob and are a far more efficient for leveling.

My view is Queue -> FATEs until dungeon pops (20-40 minutes and getting really decent xp from FATEs) -> get Ifrit (short fight get roulette bonus xp, about 1/3 of a level) -> queue again, this time specifically for level appropriate dungeons -> FATEs until pop -> level appropriate dungeon and get at LEAST 50% of a level.

The only way you'd get better xp for your time spent is if you got a level appropriate dungeon for your roulette, which isn't likely above level 30 (it happens, just not often enough to count on it in my experience).

It's all about xp per time spent, so you have to count what you can be doing while in Queue and if you're doing level appropriate FATEs the xp/ hour is pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    True, but for that 30 minutes I could be doing FATEs and get as much if not more xp than I would have gotten in a dungeon. Getting Ifrit allows me to get the roulette bonus xp, and then queue for dungeons that I KNOW will give me great xp. At level 30+, getting Sastasha, Copperbell or Tam Tara is a waste of time because the mobs give so little xp, whereas Haukke , Temple of Qarn or dungeons that are "on level" give far more xp per mob and are a far more efficient for leveling.

My view is Queue -> FATEs until dungeon pops (20-40 minutes and getting really decent xp from FATEs) -> get Ifrit (short fight get roulette bonus xp, about 1/3 of a level) -> queue again, this time specifically for level appropriate dungeons -> FATEs until pop -> level appropriate dungeon and get at LEAST 50% of a level.

The only way you'd get better xp for your time spent is if you got a level appropriate dungeon for your roulette, which isn't likely above level 30 (it happens, just not often enough to count on it in my experience).

It's all about xp per time spent, so you have to count what you can be doing while in Queue and if you're doing level appropriate FATEs the xp/ hour is pretty amazing.
    Well, I typically read a book while I am in que. I have a pretty limited amount of free time, so I divide it between reading and gaming. I understand I am in a fairly unique, self imposed situation, it still bugs me though.