Deleted

Holy - stat priority - Intellect > all?

I apologize if there's already a thread about that somewhere and it most probably is, but I'm really confused when it comes to stat priority.

I've asked a few people already and they all said that intellect is the first stat you should look at, but some guides on the web are saying that multistrike and haste are worth more. So, which one is it? Let's say that I have a 655 item that has a multistrike and haste on it, but then I get a 665 that doesn't, but obviously has more intellect and stamina. It also has a bigger item level, which is what people require these days when looking for groups. Which one do I go for? Do I always pick the higher item level one or should I keep the multistrike / haste one, if it's one or two stages lower?

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also wondering this because I'd love to switch from holy to discipline sometimes, but I'm not really sure whether my gear is appropriate for it. I mean, I know that holy and discipline aren't stacking the same stats, but I'm not sure how much it really matters.

Deleted
    Intellect has the best value per 1 point, if that's what you're asking. One point of intellect is roughly worth two points of multistrike. The thing is you normally lose ~150-200 multistrike to gain maybe 30-50 intellect when you jump up 10-ish item levels. Best way to deal with it is to get an addon that assigns stat value to items and compare using that as well.

Deleted
    I just wanted to add, don´t go for a high ilvl just because groups require it, but do if the intellect is worth it. Going for higher ilvl instead of best stats is just silly, and if u use premade it shows the highest ilvl you could get anyway if its in your bags and bop.

About the swiching to disc. It depense abit on what difficulty you raid. Mastery is good for disc and less good (then other stats) for holy unless you raid in a small raid group. Multistrike is good for both, and haste isnt bad for disc either. But i dont think it should be very groundbreaking for norm/hc if you just go disc for some fights in your holy gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Intellect has the best value per 1 point, if that's what you're asking. One point of intellect is roughly worth two points of multistrike. The thing is you normally lose ~150-200 multistrike to gain maybe 30-50 intellect when you jump up 10-ish item levels. Best way to deal with it is to get an addon that assigns stat value to items and compare using that as well.
    Possibly worth pointing out that whilst what you said isn't false when you lose the 150-200 multistrike you're usually gaining another secondary stat in it's place which does still have some value. Usually the difference between secondary stats (even multistrike to versatility) is much smaller than any raw gains of intellect.

For example;
    Robes of Necrotic Whispers 685, 279 int, 207 haste, 150 multistrike
    vs
    Woundsear Robes 695, 306 int, 204 haste, 204 versatility

In this case you're essentially gaining 10 ilvls but replacing multistrike with versatility.

Using these stat weights (which I generated from mylliors spreadsheet), int=1, haste=0.5, multistrike=0.55, versatility=0.4

Robes of Necrotic Whispers = 279+103.5+82.5=465
    Woundsear Robes = 306+102+81.6=489.6

So whilst you 'lose' 150 multistrike you still gain versatility in it's place, and because you get more of it it's actually a difference of less than 1 int equivilant lost. You then gain a bunch of int on top of it.

(in that, maybe badly chosen, example you actually lose more from the haste budget than you do from swapping multistrike with versatility)

Deleted
    And that's why I said it's better to use an addon to do that math for you, since it's hard to judge at a glance.

Deleted
    And that's why I said it's better to use an addon to do that math for you, since it's hard to judge at a glance.

gotta spreadsheet those upgrades
    Last edited by mmocc73a7e76d4; 2015-02-24 at 08:06 PM.

Deleted
    Could you please let me know which addon is that?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daenor32 View Post
    Could you please let me know which addon is that?

Thanks!
    "Pawn" for example ...

Deleted
    Pawn would be the commonly used one, but you can just search for stat weights (or similar) on curse and pick whatever you like.