Glyph of Divine Protection Change Needed

Glyph of Divine Protection

Reduces the magical damage reduction of your Divine Protection by 20% but adds 20% physical damage reduction.

Recommendation:

Divine Protectioncan no longer be activated, but passively provides 10% damage reduction from all sources.

Deleted
    No, I think i prefer current version. Lines up nicely with Seraphim and all...

Oh and this is OP

If you claim something is needed, perhaps explain why you think it is needed.

Seems like OP doesn't use DP effectively and wants it to be a passive boring ability...?

If this was ever implemented - you'd most likely cry for it to be revered after realizing how screwed you are without the active CD of divine protection for burst abilities (gruul for a start)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Divine Protectioncan no longer be activated, but passively provides 10% damage reduction from all sources.
    We already get an effectively passive 10% damage reduction; no need for a second.

Entirely ignoring the "use it right n00b" arguments, Blizzard doesn't really use Glyphs to make an active ability a passive one. That's more in the realm of talents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curulan View Post
    Blizzard doesn't really use Glyphs to make an active ability a passive one. That's more in the realm of talents.
    They have done with one of the warlock glyphs for unending resolve.

You should cherish anything that gives you choice and promotes active decision making. With the current design of divine protection you chose which type of damage reduction you would like and you chose when to activate it.

Deleted
    They should just make Glyph of Divine protection into a minor glyph. I feel like im very often limited to 1 slot (i'm ret). I don't see it become any gamebreaking by changing it to minor.

I see your points and its nice as it is seeing how it can be used even when CC'd...

I guess I miss the FoL perk/healing ... was it really OP?

Deleted
    Imo its not needed because it already is doing what its supposed to.
    But please - explain why they should change it.

Why is it needed to make it worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Glyph of Divine Protection

Reduces the magical damage reduction of your Divine Protection by 20% but adds 20% physical damage reduction.

Recommendation:

I can see how like a PvP ret pally or someone might want this.

Prot Pallys are very happy with this glyph as is, only potential issue is that it might be a bit too mandatory (or at least, swapping it in and out is pretty mandatory).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    We already get an effectively passive 10% damage reduction; no need for a second.
    Well, I mean, I'd take a second for sure. Why not.