Thread: Min/max sub

Deleted

Question Min/max sub

Just wondering if there any tips and tricks you guys can suggest to get a bit more out of the class, I don't feel like I'm exactly struggling but want to strive to do better. I understand the subterfuge bugbutcant really seem to get on with it, is it really that much of a dps increase. Thanks in advance

Character: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...effafar/simple

Logs : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=64

Glyph of vanish + subterfuge is a decent (relative to any other changes to talents/glyphs you could feasibly make) dps increase. I also enjoy it much more as it make the spec even more engaging! It also lets you have 6 CP going into vanish and not waste premed since you can vanish->Ambush->Evis->premed->Ambush->Ambush. You should get at least 3 ambushes off each vanish.

I took a quick look at your logs, most analysis done on gruul since its easy to analyze. Here are some of the issues I found.

The singular large issue is your FW uptime is a bit low at ~44% (and lower on the non patchwerk fights). Part of this is from not running subterfuge, as that gives you an extra 6 seconds of FW uptime per vanish. But you also are not ambushing at the last possible second in your Dances. You are missing about 2 seconds of uptime per dance it seems. The very last move you do in dance needs to be ambush and it should be at the last possible moment. ALSO, you are a night elf!!!!! Use shadowmeld! You can mantain a very good uptime on FW at the start by going Dance->Vanish->Prep->vanish->Dance->Shadowmeld for very near 100% uptime in the first 1.5 minutes of a fight. I usually have close to 60% uptime on gruul as a NE.

Some minor issues. You missed a premed with vanish. In addition, you seem to have used it to not 100% of its value in some places such as your first dance of the fight.
    You also didn't time your agi pot optimally on gruul (used it with just dance and not SR), though other fights were fine.
    And finally, you could pool energy slightly more when not in FW or other CDs so you can dump 1-2 more abilities into trinket and ring procs.

Your biggest take away should be: Ambush at last second of dance, and use shadowmeld!

Looks like all our FW time is going to go down due to the vanish glyph fix At the moment it's making MoS permanent'ish, but that's likely to be fixed quick which will leave us in a nerfed (some would say fixed) state.

Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    Looks like all our FW time is going to go down due to the vanish glyph fix At the moment it's making MoS permanent'ish, but that's likely to be fixed quick which will leave us in a nerfed (some would say fixed) state.
    overall FW will be down, but I think 44% is still slightly low even without subterfuge.

Oh definitely! everything you said was correct Rankith, sorry if my reply seemed meant to correct you, I think I just wanted to vent a little frustration at the rogue nerf/fixes (Vanish Glyph and Shattered Hand nerf).

Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    Oh definitely! everything you said was correct Rankith, sorry if my reply seemed meant to correct you, I think I just wanted to vent a little frustration at the rogue nerf/fixes (Vanish Glyph and Shattered Hand nerf).
    It didn't seem as a correction to me I just wanted everything to be 100% clear for OP.

And ya, Im really sad about the change also Its a nerf, but it also added to the "engaging" periods of dpsing as sub.