Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    He really isn't anymore. ETC took his spot.
    Is that because league play revolves exclusively around hero ball stun combos?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Illidan he is played by jerks. Sneaky, sneaky jerks :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Trying to get your team to spread out = Herding cats

Just gotta hope the enemy team picks raynor and knocks everyone out of it.

And agree with Illidan, everyone just dives for the healer or their tank or something equally stupid while Illidan just murders everyone. Ugh.

No, mostly because ETC just has a more disruptive kit and can engage more easily and disengage more easily too. He's way better at protecting 2 of the more OP heroes in the current meta - Hammer and Nazeebo, and compliments our favorite diving night elf - Illidan. His ult really doesn't matter that much, if you're talking about Mosh Pit. Even just skilling it will scare people and you can go for matches where you'll never get off your ult, and it won't even matter much. ETC also has split push potential with Stage Dive while Stitches needs to stick with his team all the time.

Stitches still has his niche with the hook, but with meta moving to double support, landing a hook/gorge is hardly a free kill anymore.
    Last edited by Lesane; 2015-03-02 at 12:19 AM.

ETC is a bastard.

It's either Nova or Gazlowe. I hate those fucking turrets so much.

Gazlowe's turrets really need a HP nerf IMO. Coming from someone who loves Gaz. Yesterday I had to take a shrine off Gazlowe as Stitches - extremely difficult. One time I hit the shrine along with a Zeratul so Gaz exploded instantly, but his turrets still ripped off 80% of Stitches' HP before I could cap the thing. Even with me wailing on them, which takes forever.

Still, Sgt Hammer is worse.

Gazlowe's turrets really need a HP nerf IMO. Coming from someone who loves Gaz. Yesterday I had to take a shrine off Gazlowe as Stitches - extremely difficult. One time I hit the shrine along with a Zeratul so Gaz exploded instantly, but his turrets still ripped off 80% of Stitches' HP before I could cap the thing. Even with me wailing on them, which takes forever.

I was in a match yesterday like that with Stitches. I think the only issue that frustrated me was that I'd go to hook them from outside a shrine in Dragon Shire or whatever to hit a turret in the grass.

The turrets are definitely strong - disproportionately so against a hero who can't blow them up quickly, like Stitches - but I don't think they need a nerf. Some heroes are already a big pain in the ass as Gazlowe because they can just kill the turrets reasonably easily, and that sort of nerf would put Gazlowe in an even worse position against those heroes. I'm inclined to just let Gazlowe have his spotlight holding positions against high-HP, low-damage Heroes that typically outlast others. It's a nice dynamic to have a hero set up to counter them.

10+ Year Old Account

I think that's fair that a by default tank hero can't quickly deal with hero summons.

also plsnonerfinghammerino

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felradin View Post
    Most hated has to be either of the stealth characters, meaning Nova or Zeratul.
    Meh, Nova is only dangerous if you're at half HP. She can't solo anything outside her ult because her steady dps is horrible and easily outdamaged by pretty much anything cause she's very squishy as well. If she didn't almost kill you with snipe, you're pretty safe and you could probably kill her instead if she doesn't bail.

Nova is a hero executioner, not a solo-er, and only works when picking off gravely wounded opponents or in 2v1s. She can't even lane or creep by herself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I was in a match yesterday like that with Stitches. I think the only issue that frustrated me was that I'd go to hook them from outside a shrine in Dragon Shire or whatever to hit a turret in the grass.
    Turrets shouldn't be hidden in grass. There. Gazlowe fixed.

Fortifying a position is pretty much all Gazlowe is good at, I'd say it's working as intended.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fortifying a position is pretty much all Gazlowe is good at, I'd say it's working as intended.
    This man gets it.

Gazlowe sets up his chosen arena with turrets and is very strong in there. This means things like DShire and Sky Temple Shrines will see a very well-fortified Gazlowe because he can set up camp and not worry about moving.

Take him out of his chosen ground and he is really, REALLY fucked.

Turrets are fine. Just respect them if you wanna try and jump on Gazlowe.

Only thing I would change is deactivation after he's not near them for a short time, like Donger's cannons in LoL. Prevent setting up a huge field then walking away and doing something else instead of actually fighting
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2015-03-05 at 02:43 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    like Donger's cannons in LoL.
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on who I'm using. If I'm Jaina I hate everyone because fuck them all being better than her. Otherwise I find stealth characters tedious to fight with or against. Nova has such a large range she open up and bug out of combat and recloak pretty easily with any real commitment to danger if she positions before the shot and Zeratul can cleave, double bomb and then blink out. They're designed to be glass cannons but they're given too much leeway on opening and exiting combat.

I hate facing hammer just because of the maelstrom shells, graduating range and nexus frenzy options. Anyone with any sense will take a position and be able to hold that with minimal assistance from the team due to his batshit range.
    Last edited by Malania; 2015-03-05 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    The turrets are definitely strong - disproportionately so against a hero who can't blow them up quickly, like Stitches - but I don't think they need a nerf. Some heroes are already a big pain in the ass as Gazlowe because they can just kill the turrets reasonably easily, and that sort of nerf would put Gazlowe in an even worse position against those heroes. I'm inclined to just let Gazlowe have his spotlight holding positions against high-HP, low-damage Heroes that typically outlast others. It's a nice dynamic to have a hero set up to counter them.
    Considering how many turrets Gaz can easily put out, how much damage they do while you're getting in range/killing them, I think a significant HP reduction is in order. Knowing that you need to clear the turrets and actually doing so should be the skill involved in countering Gazlowe. Not sitting there for ages wailing on them. They are also another mechanic that excessively punishes melee vs. ranged heroes.

I'm all for Gazlowe's turrets being strong, I just feel that at the moment they're excessively difficult to counter.

Gazlowe would still be VERY good at this even if his turrets were reduced in HP by say 30%.

And it's not all he's good at.

15+ Year Old Account
    Countering Gazlowe isn't about dealing with his turrets - he's meant to be very strong inside his turret field. Countering Gazlowe is about either catching him without turrets set up and/or forcing him out of his chosen ground.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Considering how many turrets Gaz can easily put out, how much damage they do while you're getting in range/killing them, I think a significant HP reduction is in order. Knowing that you need to clear the turrets and actually doing so should be the skill involved in countering Gazlowe. Not sitting there for ages wailing on them. They are also another mechanic that excessively punishes melee vs. ranged heroes.

I'm all for Gazlowe's turrets being strong, I just feel that at the moment they're excessively difficult to counter.

Gazlowe would still be VERY good at this even if his turrets were reduced in HP by say 30%.

And it's not all he's good at.
    He's already trash tier, he's the last hero that needs nerfs besides Murky. His turrets and gravobomb combo are all that keep him remotely playable if you want to call it that, you can't nerf him in that area or he might become even worse than Murky.

You're completely forgetting he has to go all in and invest all his turrets and stuff in setting up a fortified position. It takes time to set up, it requires you to be there before the enemy is there, and even then it's really not that OP. Hell, there are a bunch of heroes that even outrange the turrets and can take them down without resistance. And unless it's on a Shire or Temple more often than not you can just disengage from it, and in a team fight they'll likely die from colatteral AoE damage. In Sky Temple half of the time they're being useless and attacking the temple guards over your actual enemies as well. And even then, with how strong turrets on a fortified position are, they are there compensating for how shit the rest of Gazlowe is.

I seriously don't understand these calls for nerfs against stuff like Zagara creep or Gazlowe turrets when there are so much more blatantly overpowered heroes and abilities in the game.

He's already trash tier, he's the last hero that needs nerfs besides Murky. His turrets and gravobomb combo are all that keep him remotely playable if you want to call it that, you can't nerf him in that area or he might become even worse than Murky.

You're completely forgetting he has to go all in and invest all his turrets and stuff in setting up a fortified position. It takes time to set up, it requires you to be there before the enemy is there, and even then it's really not that OP. Hell, there are a bunch of heroes that even outrange the turrets and can take them down without resistance. And unless it's on a Shire or Temple more often than not you can just disengage from it, and in a team fight they'll likely die from colatteral AoE damage. In Sky Temple half of the time they're being useless and attacking the temple guards over your actual enemies as well. And even then, with how strong turrets on a fortified position are, they are there compensating for how shit the rest of Gazlowe is.

I seriously don't understand these calls for nerfs against stuff like Zagara creep or Gazlowe turrets when there are so much more blatantly overpowered heroes and abilities in the game.
    Think it's one of those heroes whose strength depends on what the enemy team has. If they have something like a Valla or Tassadar that can easily deal with the turrets he's neglectable, if they have auto attacking heroes that need to lose health to clear them he's a pain in the ass.

Pretty hard to balance something like that, it'll always feel too strong to some and too weak to others.

OT: Sgt. Hammer is such a massive pain in the ass. Ugh.