Thread: RIP survival

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    ....What? Explosive shot used to stun? Lol

I can pretty definitively tell you that BM is much better than SV on kromog hands if not one of the best specs overall for it. On our mythic kromog kill this week I was 4th on hands damage

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&target=118

The grasping hands are not what kills people during progress on kromog. Having not enough dmg on the pillars is the problem for most raids.
    The grasps can be used to pad your dps using all cds and shit but in the end they die one way or another.

Deleted
    ....What? Explosive shot used to stun? Lol

I can pretty definitively tell you that BM is much better than SV on kromog hands if not one of the best specs overall for it. On our mythic kromog kill this week I was 4th on hands damage

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&target=118
    You are just whoring an easy AOE phase. Hand damage is not a significant part of this encounter. SV can dps them all at a steady rate (which is what you want). BM cheeses on the hands in the centre, Killing targets that everyone else has dots ticking on, which is more harmful than helpful.

If you want to analyse your significant contribution to this encounter, you should be looking at Pillar damage and boss damage, where you got beaten by SV hunters on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    You are just whoring an easy AOE phase. Hand damage is not a significant part of this encounter. SV can dps them all at a steady rate (which is what you want). BM cheeses on the hands in the centre, Killing targets that everyone else has dots ticking on, which is more harmful than helpful.

If you want to analyse your significant contribution to this encounter, you should be looking at Pillar damage and boss damage, where you got beaten by SV hunters on both.
    Oh lord, I got beat on pillar damage by a hunter with 4pc and another with all around better gear than me(mythic kromog trink for one)

Nowhere did I say hands damage was particularly important(It is up to a certain point) but you choose to be confrontational anyway. Good poster.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Deleted
    Good luck executing leftover pillars effciently with anything but BM/MM.

Deleted
    Oh lord, I got beat on pillar damage by a hunter with 4pc and another with all around better gear than me(mythic kromog trink for one)

Nowhere did I say hands damage was particularly important(It is up to a certain point) but you choose to be confrontational anyway. Good poster.
    The amount of misinformation on here this week has been staggering. If you make a poor post you will be pulled up for it.

Im personally going to be surv for quite awhile still. Its not enough of a boost for my raid for me to take all haste/mastery mail from other classes which also use those stats to replace/barely upgrade my stuff, which either way will be a net negative for my raids overall dps/output as a whole. Maybe when i start getting some more off gear I will eventually switch to BM, but I dont have any mastery/haste gear, only a hell of a lot of MS/Crit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by -nollie View Post
    Both of the SV hunters were on the outskirts of the hands, outside of the vast majority of cleave/aoe. They quickly put out just a few MS on 15-16 hands, Barraged, and then single targeted their own hand for the remainder of the phase. You can see they are consistently the last remaining to be freed. I also don't think that getting 15-16 hands qualifies as not being very good at spreading stings.
    He was comparing the beast mastery cleave damage to the cleave power of the SV hunters, so I assumed that was the point - in which case, it would've been not very good at spreading stings. If you were hitting edge hands then good - it's exactly what I had to redirect my SV hunters into doing too. Though not a very good comparison attempt between BM vs SV against hands AOE.
    The best form of hand damage .... Is a single nitrogen ball in the centre being backed up by AoE blankets like plague. Of course, not every group can afford to have that make up and settle for 3-4 smaller burst hand folk, such as warlocks, shaman, warriors, or beast masters.

As a side note regarding this conversation, from the same prior log, particular for kromog, here is a good example of using survival over beast mastery:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...37&end=7728740
    In such a case as meeting a damage threshold on a pillar, beast mastery's lack of consistency in cooldowns means you can only do one of your jobs well without having good luck: hands or pillars. If you wanted to throw the kitchen sink at them, you'd need marks, sitting on 3m CDs per 3m wave of pillars.
    However, survival has the benefit of working like a less potent moonkin. Serpent sting up on all three when they spawn adds up. If the group set up has other people acting as the kitchen sink it's a good supporting role. Consider also using Lone Wolf over Focusing for a little extra burst potential in that 12s window.
    It really depends which hole you're filling as a supporting role for the rest of the DPS team. Or if it's farm content.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    The amount of misinformation on here this week has been staggering. If you make a poor post you will be pulled up for it.
    The only information I said was that BM is strong on hands. I did not say anything else. Is this not a fact?
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Deleted
    I fail to see the point in this thread, if you don't like survival don't play it, if you like survival, play it. Don't be in a guild that forces you to play one over the other. Play whatever you like.

Deleted
    What is wrong with survival ?
    The spec is still perfect to fight with Beastlord

All the changes have done is make it an even bigger case for play what you enjoy. All 3 specs excel and dip in areas and are tight enough together that it isn't making or breaking anything re; what you pick.

Every argument for AoE also has a priority target at all times, and every priority target with AoE elements requires some levels of passive cleave. 9/10 those cleave requirements are already met.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azabondiia View Post
    Anyone who has not done heroic raiding, is John Snow - and knows nothing. It's the most unforgiving gaming experience you can imagine