Poll: Do you think blizz can fix WoD before the next expansion?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

9 months till next exp, Do you think blizzard can fix WoD?

didnt blizzard say WOD would be live for a year before another expansion came out?

Do you think blizzard can fix WoD before it ends?

Although I felt the leveling was stellar, there seems to be:

Little reason for people to leave garrisons.

Lack of instanced PVE content. We have launch dungeons and four difficulty levels of the same raids

Lack of things to do in the world

Continued controversy regarding travel

Lack of new battlegrounds

Challenges with Ashran

As they launch 6.1 and I see the limited additional content other than a few new quests I have to again ask myself, is their time to turn this expansion around.
    Last edited by Barkloud; 2015-02-24 at 02:51 PM.

yeah, this a new idea and there's never been another thread like it.

delete this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Make Ashran optional, garrisons a tad less important and we are golden.
    I hardly can say there is a lack of instanced PVE content, perhaps an incentive to do more dungeons? but that is already coming in 6.1.
    And I find nothing controversial about traveling, a small improvement on flightpaths would be nice, but that is also coming already.
    I think we are fine with the bg's, I really rather have less good bg's, than several bad. (On a sidenote, I hate SSM, IoC and SoTA)
    Also we are not lacking things to do in the world, they are all just optional and not so many people do them. (Mount hunting, treasures, reputations, wpvp.)

Of course they can fix it, but it'll cost you a few raid tiers in the next expansion.

Theres 0 chance the next xpac will come out in 9 months. Itd have to be pretty far along development for that to be possible in just 9 months and wed be like 4 months away from the beta. So ye drop this idea WoD will only last 1 year, it wont. What remains to be seen is will Blizz give us 3 raid tiers and not be stupid enought to let the last raid tier of this xpac last over 1 year, or will they just give us 2 tiers and make us sit trough the last tier for a ridiculous long time like always.

9 months till the next expansion? when was this announced?

It's not 9 months till next expansion, ROFL.

It's like 5 months till 5.2, for which we have zero news, by the way, possibly more. And something like a year or more after that, with the raid tier taking like 4 months just to open completely.

The next expansion will not be released in 9 months; clear that idea from your head so you're not disappointed later on! The most likely scenario is 6.2 + new raid tier this summer and an announcement of the new expansion at Blizzcon in November with release in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by chemicader View Post
    Make Ashran optional, garrisons a tad less important and we are golden.
    what makes u think ashran isnt optional? im doing very fine without it.

Deleted
    9 months? lol

we aren't even close to the 2nd raid tier / 2nd pvp season

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    9 months till the next expansion? when was this announced?
    Announced? Never. However, they did say WoD might have 2 raid tiers, and I severely doubt they'll decide to give us an extra raid tier after contemplating it. That doesn't seem there current MO at all. 2 raid tiers coupled with the fact that they have been saying for years they want faster and faster xpac releases leads people to think WoD will only last a year. Seeing as the next xpac hasn't even been announced, I think this is decidedly not likely (or even impossible). Still, if we only get 2 tiers this xpac, I would be disappointed if WoD lasted a full 2 years like the previous xpacs lasted and am curious what the release time frame would be if they wait until this year's Blizzcon to announce 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

I voted yes because nothing is impossible to fix in a game, they just do not want to do it and won't do it.

Deleted
    I'm more interested if people like you can fix your damaged brains and post something constructive and original for a change.

Infracted
    Last edited by Lochton; 2015-02-24 at 05:44 PM.

They won't keep to their dream schedule, 9 months isn't happening.

That said, I think it's too late to 'fix' WoD, it was poorly thought out and executed and then rushed to completion. I'm hoping for a slight reform, but in my heart of hearts I know it's not coming until 7.0.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

New expansion will have up to 12 months between announcement and PTR begins, then you have months of PTR. Expansion being 9 months away is a pipedream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Little reason for people to leave garrisons.: Garrison replacing main cities, seriously, nobody left Org/Stormwind anyway

Lack of instanced PVE content. We have launch dungeons and four difficulty levels of the same raids: Dungeons become meaningless when you get geared enough for LFR anyway

Lack of things to do in the world: Um, rare hunting and treasure hunting, more than any other expac

Continued controversy regarding travel: Blah, people can't fly in Draenor oh well.

Lack of new battlegrounds: Give you this one

Challenges with Ashran: I don't do Ashran so dunno what this is about, guess I will give it to you.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    New expansion will have up to 12 months between announcement and PTR begins, then you have months of PTR. Expansion being 9 months away is a pipedream.
    Truth be told that seems a little long. MoP was released 10 months after announcement, and we were in Beta just under 6 months after announcement
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Truth be told that seems a little long. MoP was released 10 months after announcement, and we were in Beta just under 6 months after announcement
    Well to be fair I used Cataclysm as my example. Announced in Blizzcon 09 (August) and then released Dec 2010 after months of PTR.

They'd have to do miracles with the next major patches, 6.1 sure as helll isn't helping anything other than advertising WoW even more troughout their playerbase. They'd need to make garrisons a lot less mandatory and a lot more alt-friendly, preferably account-wide. And to add a lot more dungeons which don't become obsolete after a few runs, and atleast make it more difficult than it currently is. Doing this would go a long way.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD will last as long as other expansions.
    Hi