Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lord knows I've made enough posts on this topic on the official forum:

There's a reason you need 10 heroes. For argument's sake, lets say you only need five. Unless your five are Murky, Abathur, Azmodan, Sonya and Chen, odds are some if not all of your heroes are going to get picked. What then? The game assigns you a random hero that you've potentially never played before? Or say you have a hero left to choose, but it's a nonviable pick in regards to the team comp (say, a third warrior).

Funny enough, ALL of the 2k gold heroes are good picks in Hero League and some that are 10k are pretty much garbage. Not perfect, but good. Muradin is a top tier tank and ETC is pushing top as well, Valla is the best ranged Assassin in the game, Lili is a not too shabby healer as is Malf, Raynor is solid. Do you know how long it takes to make 2k gold? At worst a week's worth of daily quests (assuming you get nothing but 200g quests). Factor in the amount of time it takes to get up to level 30 to even play Hero League and you should easily have enough gold for at worst half of the necessary heroes.

Do yourself a HUGE favor and get each week's free-to-play rotation of heroes up to level 5. Each one at level 5 is 500 gold. Factor in the 30 something heroes in the game and that's a crazy amount of gold to be had. It might suck playing heroes you have no interest in owning or learn to hate (I've lost every game I've ever played as Kerrigan), but it's also a great way to learn your advantageous encounters and your disadvantageous encounters.

And if you're not totally adverse to spending money, keep an eye on the weekly sales for good deals on heroes. Stitches is the most broken piece of shit in the game and is only $4 this week. If you want a steal, get the bundle that's $5 for Muradin, Malfurion, Raynor and an Armored Horse mount.

NOTHING forces you to spend money on the game to get into Hero League. Be glad that Blizzard isn't listening to the people who want you to have 15+ characters in the event of bans or that you've got to have however many heroes at no lower than level 8 before even wading into Hero League.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Still points out a flaw in the system and find we should be better off having a higher average price on all heroes rather than dirt cheap and expensive ones (gold wise)
    Not quite sure why the prices are what they are, but for the time being, that is a choice that you'll have to live with.
    Last edited by Sir Andy; 2015-02-28 at 02:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Then don't get ten? Playing in the league is in no way mandatory. Quick match is there for you if you want to exclusively play heroes you like, league is there to play competitively.
    Champion league is the natural progression of playing the game once you get there, I can play hero league with the heroes i like it simply takes longer due to the large pricing difference what i'm putting in question here.

I don't blindly take everything game developers do to be the best way, as i said i pointed out alternatives before to this construction that overall increases the time to enter league (what nobody here seemed to have an issue with as some believed i was even arguing for that) to bring the time spend per hero earned around the same amount up the amount of gold you get per game played.

Same for Lesane, the second i deem a product "perfect" by adopting certain standards the game company wants i have failed as a critical consumer and become a drone.

Deleted
    I think it is fine. My friend whined about it taking to long but his first 3 heroes was 10, 10 and 7k costs. Get the low price heroes and you should have 10 champions by the time you hit 30-35

Champion league is the natural progression of playing the game once you get there, I can play hero league with the heroes i like it simply takes longer due to the large pricing difference what i'm putting in question here.

I don't blindly take everything game developers do to be the best way, as i said i pointed out alternatives before to this construction that overall increases the time to enter league (what nobody here seemed to have an issue with as some believed i was even arguing for that) to bring the time spend per hero earned around the same amount up the amount of gold you get per game played.

Same for Lesane, the second i deem a product "perfect" by adopting certain standards the game company wants i have failed as a critical consumer and become a drone.
    It's not about being a critical consumer, it's about understanding business. Put yourselves in their shoes. The game is already free. If you want to buy hero X instead of Y, it'll take you longer until you can access hero league. What's the problem? If you can get everything you want in a short time frame, you have no incentive to ever spend money outside of cosmetics. You're not paying anything so you're not even a customer, you're a user. Having cheaper and more expensive heroes is only logical. Having them all be at the same price is only beneficial for those stubborn people that for some reason only want to have 10k heroes (even though most of them suck).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh joy, now the "sheeple" argument.

You can be critical all you want, just try to restrict it to things that actually make sense. "Why can't I just take 5 heroes into league?" does not fit that criteria.
    Wasn't speaking about that in that post but thank you for your continued interest in me.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Make thread about specific topic*

*Make post in said thread while quoting another post that is talking about the thread topic*

*Claim you weren't talking about the topic*

I'm going to go on a limb here and assume that you are capable of reading, in that case you would've noticed there is more than one point i hit on in my OP and even more so in the posts following up on that, i haven't spoken about reduction in the amount of heroes you require for the last two pages now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, bud.

Make a thread criticizing a system in the game, quote a post about that system, and then write about criticizing systems in the game.

But sure, you're totally not discussing the topic anymore. Gotcha. I should know better than to reply to you after the Wildstar thread, but here I am. /sigh
    I have no idea what you are on about all points that i have raised during this thread were also made during the original post and yes you should've learned from that wildstar thread that speaking besides the point generally gets you nowhere with me

Same as before thank you for your continued interest in me ^^

Deleted
    There is no reason to start arguing because of personal reasons. Easy now

10+ Year Old Account
    In other words, you're finally coming to grips with the fact that your dumbass idea was a dumbass idea, so now you're just going to post evasive nonsense?

Ok, we're on the same page now, then.
    Nope, I'm still fully convinced that the current way it's setup could be significantly improved upon, if you care to know how and are actually here to argue my points and not me you're free to go over previous posts that stressed those points that all originated in the OP

I'm just shy of the requirements as we speak. And I think the reason you need 10 chars and level 30 isn't just for you to learn the few chosen one's you play. Setting those requirements force you to understand the other roles as well. I basically only play Support, but through me needing to branch out, I can understand how they try to bate me and what to cc. Take Starcraft 2 for an example, you will lose every game if you don't have a basic understanding of the other races. You need to know how to play around and react correctly to the circumstances.

Deleted

If Hero League is the natural progression as you get to 30 is the Team League natural progression as you get to 40? Will you complain you need four friends to play in it, like you complain about hero requirements for Hero League? If you don't want to buy a big variety of heroes aside from your favourite ones stick to Quick Match. If you don't want to look for reliable teammates stick to Hero League or Quick Match. If you want to try out a hero you never touched before stick to Cooperative or Practice. Those modes are not exclusive to each other.

The only improvement to Hero League gating I would like to see is for it to require level five on your entire roster, not just ten heroes in it.

Seeing the decision designers made to be appropriate is not being sheeple. Criticising everything with nonsensical arguments is not being a critical customer.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2015-02-28 at 07:03 PM.

You don't have to pile on the guy and call him a dumbass just because you disagree with him or think he missed an important reason why the limit is 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It's simple
    Hero league uses a draft system so there will be 10 people picking then heroes. You wont always be able to pick 1st so high chance ur 5 heroes will be picked before you even get the chance to pick yourselve.
    It's a team game sometimes the hero you want to play doesnt even fit in the group comp and I already seen enough people picking heroes in ranked that dont fit the group comp and made us lose.
    A lot of the top tier heroes in the current meta are priced 2k/4k not being arsed to know/learn those is bad for the ranked play anyway so it's silly to not spend your gold on these to get into ranked.
    Knowing atleast 10 heroes a lil bit will makes you a stronger player cause you know how to react beter to each hero in a game.
    And well it's a free to play game and eventhough the pricing is a lil bit weird sometimes it's not really as bad to get into ranked compared to League. Where you need to grind longer to hit lvl 30 beside geting runes and heroes.