Need some advice on Heroic Flamebender

Hey guys. Did 15ish attempts on Heroic Flamebender the other night and couldn't get past 35%. We pretty consistently make it to the second spawning of the wolves, and then everyone dies. Was wondering if someone could take a look at the logs and provide any insight/suggestions.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/dLnHWGNcCZPMx2hb#fight=16

One problem we had was that I kept dying. I'm not one of our Main Tanks, but I'm 671 in tank gear and not a moron. So I don't feel like I should have died quite as often as I did. Some of my deaths were definitely my fault, lack of experience, but I don't think they all were.

(Apparently cant post links yet.)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1689&wipes=1

You used shield block 53 times in 15 attempts and shield barrier 8 times. Thats pitiful. I'm not going to go in depth on each death but with uptimes like that its fair to say a lot if not all of the blame lies with you for your own deaths.

Your other problem is you lose people early and then carry on with an attempt. Your last attempt saw 2 people dead before 2 minutes yet you carry on even though theres a tight dps check to kill wolves later. Wipe it, fix it and try again, don't keep dragging out attempts.

Harsh, but fair. Thanks! I appreciate it.

We actually swap on two breaths, bit more work on the tanks, but a lot easier to deal with the damage. Make sure your monk is using his statue to pick up the wolves when they first come out too, and on the swaps, ox statue is great for that. If melee go a bit easy on the wolf at the start, the statue can even sometimes eat the first breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyranthian View Post
    We actually swap on two breaths, bit more work on the tanks, but a lot easier to deal with the damage. Make sure your monk is using his statue to pick up the wolves when they first come out too, and on the swaps, ox statue is great for that. If melee go a bit easy on the wolf at the start, the statue can even sometimes eat the first breath.
    Swapping on 2 breaths worked badly for us. My taunt was never back off for the switch when the overheated swaps. While it may work for some, its not really the root cause of their wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Swapping on 2 breaths worked badly for us. My taunt was never back off for the switch when the overheated swaps. While it may work for some, its not really the root cause of their wipes.
    Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it if they didn't have a monk tank, having statue down to pickup the overheated wolf on the swap though gives taunt that extra couple of seconds to come off cooldown if needed. And yeah, its not the root cause, but every little bit helps? Black Ox Statue is great in that fight, may as well make the most of it.

The wolf phase is a high damage phase we had more trouble with this phase than with the Firestorm.

Make sure you have 1 healer use a big CD on this phase imo

Hey Zeiss,

Deja is absolutely right, of course, that you're not using your active mitigation nearly enough on aggregate. That's going to be putting major strain on your healers throughout the fight. What's really important, though, is that you use it at the danger points.

Spot the pattern here:
    - Wipe 1: Cinder Wolf 1 Charring Breath Zeiss 245284, no mitigation up
    - Wipe 2: 210K damage from a Molten Torrent + melee combo, no mitigation up
    - Wipe 3: Cinder Wolf 3 Charring Breath Zeiss 220755, no mitigation up
    - Wipe 4: Cinder Wolf 3 Charring Breath Zeiss 113223 (O: 193381), no mitigation up
    - Wipe 6: Cinder Wolf 4 Charring Breath Zeiss 141398 (O: 88555), no mitigation up

etc etc. As a tank, you need to understand what the dangerous damage is, and mitigate it. Charring Breath is the biggest risk to tanks in this fight; you need to cover Charring Breath stacks 2 & 3 with Shield Barrier, every single time. And when Molten Torrent is coming in, you either need to Barrier that, or you need to have Block up so that melee hits at about the same time aren't so dangerous - not 100% sure which is best as I don't play warrior.

Set up a CD rotation for the wolf phase and for firestorm. Don't forget about amp magics and rally cry from dps classes as well