Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The alliance does the boss to get 350 CP per day.
    The horde does the events to get 1000 CP per hour.

"Oh, i know, lets nerf alliance CP gain. The horde has huge queues, because people are in the CP train all day, but it's the main road that needs to be nerfed"

About the people going "ahah, alliance has to pvp now" what a high horse you people got there, as if the horde ever seeked pvp in ashran, pvp greatly messes their CP per hour ratio.

Ashran: Every bad idea we've ever had regarding world pvp, wrapped into one tiny island.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their innovative idea to reduce queue times was to remove conquest from killing the end boss, eliminating the desire of half the player base to do it.

Deleted
    So no more Conquest for killing a boss? How did they decided on that? "Just nerf the Conquest gain from it? Nah, remove it."

I like how people claim the Events are PvP. Is it? If you have a Group for Events you just steamroll 15 People in a group of 30+. Thats PvP? Not really.

I hoped for Ashran to not suck after 6.1. They had to bribe us in doing it because it was terrible on live. Now they are removing the bribe and dont fix the BG. Great way of thinking. This makes me sad.

they should have went the other way with it and cause the lane to be the way to get conquest and make the events help the lane without giving conquest themselves

Quote Originally Posted by tmtb View Post
    The alliance does the boss to get 350 CP per day.
    The horde does the events to get 1000 CP per hour.

"Oh, i know, lets nerf alliance CP gain. The horde has huge queues, because people are in the CP train all day, but it's the main road that needs to be nerfed"

About the people going "ahah, alliance has to pvp now" what a high horse you people got there, as if the horde ever seeked pvp in ashran, pvp greatly messes their CP per hour ratio.
    Ashran main road is the most dumb and pointless way to pvp EVER.. why would i do that? except two groups trying to push each other back what exactly happens on the road? there is no objectives really just mindless and slow head to head pvp in a never ending choke point, how the hell is it fun? its not fun! you want fun pvp warsong gulch is freaking fun pvp! i would do that all day even without any honor/CP bonuses because its fun.

at least doing the events in ashran gives nice CP so it can be done instead spamming arena. also its much more chaotic way of pvp, which creates all the time unique and interesting situations unlike the main road which is repetitive to a point i can fall asleep there.
    BETA CLUB

I'd like to see a confirmation that the final boss does'nt give CP in 6.1. Guess I will get this confirmation by myself. Also A'shran is pretty, apparently many people are just bad enough to play it, while they dislike it, for some obscure reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    they should have went the other way with it and cause the lane to be the way to get conquest and make the events help the lane without giving conquest themselves
    Basically. The mid lane (winning) is kind of the fucking goal and the point. The side objectives should have been things worth sending small teams off to take care of while the main raid wages war in the mid.

The fact that the events are more rewarding (in turns of actual reward, not impact on the game) than victory itself was and, especially now, is the main problem. No one is even going to care anymore. People are just either going to not queue or the entire thing will be fighting over events with no one ever caring to win.

WHY IS THERE NO REWARD FOR WINNING THE GOD DAMN GAME?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by makoi6 View Post
    Lol you can keep your events.
    Why would i waste my time doing events for conq, i can find a random pug for 2's and be capped in the time it takes you to do one circle of events. The events have always been a waste of time unless you have no gear.

The conquest bonus + the box was just enough incentive for me ( and a lot of ally players) to ever bother queing trashran + it took no effort, but with no conq and the laughable drop rates of epics from boxes then its safe to say this place will be dead, except for one faction running about doing pve events.
    Yep indeed works great when you have zero gear from just dinging 100.. oh wait. it does not. I remember the "good old 3 days" I went in ashran and collected 12000 conquest points on my rogue. Admittely "good" is not the right word.

IMHO: make up a different mechanism for conquest or .. Give people a chose to play asrhan for conquest points don't force them into it by making the last 200 points mandatory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminus View Post
    Yep indeed works great when you have zero gear from just dinging 100.. oh wait. it does not. I remember the "good old 3 days" I went in ashran and collected 12000 conquest points on my rogue. Admittely "good" is not the right word.

IMHO: make up a different mechanism for conquest or .. Give people a chose to play asrhan for conquest points don't force them into it by making the last 200 points mandatory.

Yeah no one wants my poor Hunter or Shaman alts in arena or RBG, with Ashran i could at least get the weapon in a few hours for them so i might get a chance to do actual PVP but now not even that is possible anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well I could never kill tremblade anyway... Still though we get owned at the events because most of the horde has given up on ashran.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminus View Post

For the record, with a skilled friendor paying gold for boost, you could have gotten that amount of CP in a single day. But i agree, for Honor+CP farm nothing beats Ashran 6.0
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    To those that think this is a dumb move aren't thinking it through. As someone who plays both sides, ashran needs this. As horde it takes forever to get in and this is the case because alliance don't join unless it's minutes before the next battle. Since horde very rarely leave because they're farming events, this makes the queue worse. By making alliance do more than just road, this will help ashran queues. It's nice being able to instantly join as an alliance. Aside from horde dominating events, it's quite annoying to sit in a multi hour long queue.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Did they at least fix the nonworking achievements? (Tour of Duty + Ashran Victory)

Deleted
    If you guys spent more time in arena and less time in Ashran you'd be fully geared by now. Which would mean you wouldn't have to spend any time in Ashran to get conq points .. which would mean the participation would be extremely low for a while ..which would hopefully result in Holinka quitting in shame...which would hopefully result in Blizzard finally employing someone who actually plays PvP and whose greatest ambition isn't a PvE zone as a PvP developer... which would hopefully have led to actual balance changes that make sense in 6.1.

You gotta think steps ahead

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    It's nice being able to instantly join as an alliance.
    Whenever I've tried to get in there on an alt I've had 2 hour queues as Alliance...including middle of the night. The queue system was fucked for everybody not just Horde.
    Last edited by mmoc0be20a83e8; 2015-02-25 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
    1 conquest point per player kill should do it.
    Lol, great solution. Then bump the cap to 500!

The gift that keeps on giving.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy I only need 200 Orc kills (and a fix for the two bugged achievements) for Ashran to never look at it again.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    I'm happy I only need 200 Orc kills (and a fix for the two bugged achievements) for Ashran to never look at it again.
    Lol, most of the Horde are now orcs and blood elves. Goodluck doing the rest of the nemesis quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    Ashran main road is the most dumb and pointless way to pvp EVER.. why would i do that? except two groups trying to push each other back what exactly happens on the road? there is no objectives really just mindless and slow head to head pvp in a never ending choke point, how the hell is it fun? its not fun! you want fun pvp warsong gulch is freaking fun pvp! i would do that all day even without any honor/CP bonuses because its fun.

at least doing the events in ashran gives nice CP so it can be done instead spamming arena. also its much more chaotic way of pvp, which creates all the time unique and interesting situations unlike the main road which is repetitive to a point i can fall asleep there.
    I never said it was fun, nothing in ashran is fun (well, it's better than doing arenas and rbgs in blues), i said the horde didn't pvp either, they always avoided the middle road like the plague. And fun or not, the main road event is the main event of the whole area.

It's very revealing that only the objective the alliance completes gets nerf after nerf, when the one the horde does got buffed previously, and it's so obvious why the horde has so long queues when the alliance did not.
    Last edited by tmtb; 2015-02-25 at 10:46 AM.