Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spend most of my time cursing at the heat, swatting gnat flies from my face, dodging and weaving those douchebag wasps, and dealing with allergies. So from reading that you can probably tell that for the most part I hate the summer. I only like summer when it's on those days where there is a nice steady cool breeze while drinking a beer but there's not many of those kind of days.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2015-02-24 at 08:45 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Depends on what tickets are available. usually we sit in the rows that are behind the announcers table. either on the floor or on the first level up. I got on tv the last time we went in Cleveland. When the camera panned the audience. The trick to getting on tv is to wear something that stands out against the crowd.
    I heard signs help as well. I didn't bring one when I went. I should have though. Hated Punk... Which is ironic because I am from Chicago lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Spend most of my time cursing at the heat, swatting gnat flies from my face, dodging and weaving those douchebag wasps, and dealing with allergies. So from reading that you can probably tell that for the most part I hate the summer. I only like summer when it's on those days where there is a nice steady cool breeze and drinking a beer but there's not many of those kind of days.
    douchebag wasps are the worst. Its like, dude, I didn't invite you in my personal space, piss off. haha Nice summer breeze and a beer sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahuun View Post
    I heard signs help as well. I didn't bring one when I went. I should have though. Hated Punk... Which is ironic because I am from Chicago lol

- - - Updated - - -

douchebag wasps are the worst. Its like, dude, I didn't invite you in my personal space, piss off. haha Nice summer breeze and a beer sounds good.
    I wore my green lantern shirt to the last one. me being a bigger guy in a green lantern shirt I stood out pretty well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I wore my green lantern shirt to the last one. me being a bigger guy in a green lantern shirt I stood out pretty well.
    Nice! When I went I wore a plain old red hoodie... So I didn't stand out too much. I am shocked my brother didn't get on though. He had a bright pink shirt on and wore some ugly looking pink shorts. haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    Stay inside mostly, think last year we hit 114F~ degrees.
    Though I do take summer classes.
    Yikes! Now that it too hot for me. I like it around 85.

Go home, see my friends. Generally it entices meeting all paramours but circumstances changed recently so just hang out with friends and have fun.
    I miss the sun, swimming every day and the sorts.

Mostly the same things I do in winter, really. Do not like the heat or humidity. Not that young to desire or have the inclination to hang out at the beach, fly kites or slum it at a some music fest.

We basically go to dinner, shopping, the movies, long drives, museums/galleries, ballet, opera on occasion, catch a play every now & then or just go on vacation. Not very season exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Not that young to desire or have the inclination to hang out at the beach.
    Nonsense, age has nothing to do with it! im 27 and my summers still consist in hanging out with friends all day at the beach/pool and exploring new places at night

our summer is nearing an end, hasn't been that warm though, only a couple of high 30s C

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    our summer is nearing an end, hasn't been that warm though, only a couple of high 30s C
    Another Melbournian! Yeah its been a pretty piss poor summer.

I've worked most of it but was pretty busy on the weekend. Had a wedding and a bucks, a few birthdays and a beer festival last weekend. It should start to quiten down for me by mid May.

Complain about the heat, this after a long winter of complaining about the cold.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Work,

I get to slack off for 10 out 12 months doing uni etc, but come late June to sept I'm back in the hometown working, it's good because it's a tourist town so my work place are happy to have me 7 days a week 8am to 7 pm, although, doing that last year, was one of the reasons I ended up in hospital

So this year it's going to be 4/5 days a week doing those hours

Sweat, have trouble sleeping and generally be exhausted from the heat.

I hate summer.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Sit in front of my computer, just like any other time of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Nonsense, age has nothing to do with it! im 27 and my summers still consist in hanging out with friends all day at the beach/pool and exploring new places at night
    I am far older than 27...

It'll be just a slightly warmer version of Winter but if it does stop being windy and raining here and there I will be flying my planes as much as possible and riding my bike a lot...oh and attending this:

Last years:

10+ Year Old Account
    My summers are now mostly filled with trying to get the kids to go to sleep when its still light outside.
    "I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." ~Kurt Vonnegut.

Deleted
    I plan to skydive more then ever, been saving any money i can during the winter so that i can travel and go nuts in new places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bitch about the heat until autumn comes. I hate summer and everything about it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

IF the UK weather allows it, I like to have BBQs and drinks outside just relaxing till good knows what time in the morning with mates :-P Mostly BBQs though

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I work in the construction sector, so I get industrial holidays which means two weeks off in July \o/
    Last edited by Soikona; 2015-02-26 at 01:37 PM.

Things I do in summer...
    1. Cut grass
    2. Drink beers
    3. BBQ
    4. Go to MLB games
    5. Drive with my windows down and the A/C on