Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do no get a free house if you get preggers in the U.S and rates are also down. I assume that the free house/welfare changes have little to do with the stats going down in the U.K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You do no get a free house if you get preggers in the U.S and rates are also down. I assume that the free house/welfare changes have little to do with the stats going down in the U.K
    A quick Google shows US welfare cuts have happened in the last few years too.

I would suggest that the amount of welfare given to teenage girls directly affects their choice of whether to get pregnant or not.

If the state looks after them and their new born, that is the incentive right there.

Take that away and the incentive also disappears.

Would be interested in hearing your proposed reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Believe it or not, young girls nowadays go for that.
    I dunno. From my neck of the woods, more and more kids between like 12-18 are saying they'd prefer not to be in a relationship. They identify being asexual or some silly shit.
    Well, the girls anyway. Most the guys look like girls so I'm not quite sure if they're all tranny or what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    Minimum paid workers in England can barely afford a one bedroom flat.

Welfare recipients in England often get 2 or 3 bedroom houses, sometimes new build.

That's why there is so much upheaval in England.

Welfare recipients have better lifestyles than many full time workers.
    Wow, I mean it's nice they get proper houses and aren't getting shot at... but still.

Why even work if you get shit for actually working?

I guess you have to be English to understand.

Chav teenage girls would "get up the duff" to get free council housing.

Unless you live in England you're just not really going to "get" the context I guess.

Some girls got pregnant very young, as young as 12. Granted, this was an extreme case. But there was a mini explosion of welfare teenage pregnancies, highlighted in the tabloids yes.
    Are we even talking 1000 cases here or is this just a The Sun phenomenon?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I dunno. From my neck of the woods, more and more kids between like 12-18 are saying they'd prefer not to be in a relationship. They identify being asexual or some silly shit.
    Well, the girls anyway. Most the guys look like girls so I'm not quite sure if they're all tranny or what.
    Lol, guys being afraid of being guys has little to do with it. Girls that age usually are totally into that shit, justin bieber, nsync, the backstreet boys and all the other wankers would have never risen to the top if otherwise. For over 30 years now we've been telling people that having kids ruins your life. There will always be exceptions, but let's face it, today it is expected that a women makes career as well or at least more than back in the day. Raising kids has turned from great compassionate person to lazy leecher.

Also what do 12 year olds know, they will say alot of shit when polled. But I guess it's true to some degreem, at least in the public eye is has become more widely known, though people weren't asked that stuff in the past so actually identifying a trend is probably difficult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-31602417

Kinda feels weird feeling happy that teenage pregnancies have dropped here, hopefully it's an everlasting change and not just a fluke
    Pullout game is on point it would seem

Teen pregnancy is at record lows in all Western countries to my knowledge.

Said western countries are also at or below replacement rates and their population is consequently ageing. Fun fact: teens are the most fertile segment of the population and a drop in their pregnancy rates is troubling for the future economy.

Might want to rethink that kneejerk social prejudice against teen parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    Wow, I mean it's nice they get proper houses and aren't getting shot at... but still.

Why even work if you get shit for actually working?
    The exact same question that teenage girls were asking themselves along with many other people, including myself.

"Why bother working, if you get more for not working?"

You hit the nail on the head.

This is exactly what has been happening in England for the last 10 years, until the Conservatives came into power and started making welfare cuts.

It's amazing how people from other countries have really no idea what happens in your own country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Teen pregnancy is at record lows in all Western countries to my knowledge.

Said western countries are also at or below replacement rates and their population is consequently ageing. Fun fact: teens are the most fertile segment of the population and a drop in their pregnancy rates is troubling for the future economy.

Might want to rethink that kneejerk social prejudice against teen parents.
    Nah. People are still fertile in their 40's. Just because teens are most fertile means nothing.

The economy could do without the strain of the tax payer funding teenage pregnancies tbph.

Much better for ladies to have kids in their 30's where they can support themselves.

This helps with the rediculously rapid population growth problems too.

This helps with the rediculously rapid population growth problems too.
    Most western countries do not have a ridiculous population growth problem. Many can barely sustain themself and mostly keep their stats up by migration and migrants still procreating normally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Most western countries do not have a ridiculous population growth problem. Many can barely sustain themself and mostly keep their stats up by migration and migrants still procreating normally.
    My area has a huge population growth problem.

South East England.