Thinking of rerolling druid; some tips/advice?

Hey guys. As the title suggests, I'm thinking of rerolling druid. I'm a raid leader of a small guild who is starting to get more serious. The problem is I play warrior and my guild relies a lot on me to pull good numbers to carry our encounters as we have a few people who are pulling lowish dps. Warriors just got some serious nerfs, and since BRF just released, I"m thinking it's probably a lot easier to reroll now and my dps just went down a whole lot. I'm torn between rolling with WW monk, Feral Druid, and sub/combat rogue. So, I'm wondering if experienced druids could give me some input:

1) How much attention does it take to play feral? For arms I could spend a good amount of my time looking around the raid, making calls, etc. I have a lvl 100 druid i used for farming in boomkin, and I took him out to try feral out. My DPS was awful, but I don't have weakauras set up, and I let a lot of bleeds/roars fall off (and my gear was bad). I felt pretty overwhelmed, but I have had 0 practice, so that could change a lot.

2) Gearing up/DPS. How soon could I expect to hit some reasonable DPS numbers? I was just below 665 on my arms warrior and pulling around 33-34kish, but that represented a lot of time to gear up. In 6.1, how quickly do you think it's reasonable to be able to put up similar numbers? I really wouldn't feel comfortable switching until I could do 27-28k+, and I'm wondering if I could reach this in a reasonable time frame.

3) What utility can I bring to a raid? As a WW I would be bringing windwalking, and as a rogue smoke bomb. What utility can I as a feral druid bring?

4) Fun! How do you find current feral druids fun wise? It's a game after all, and I'd like to make sure I'm having fun, or that the class is interesting.

Thanks for taking the time to answer a few of my noob questions! Cya

Lol rerolling because of some minor nerfs and then going druid because they are getting a 5% dmg increase to singletarget? Please learn to play your class properly and dont be a fotm reroller

Deleted
    Ahh.. the age old question: What class should I roll..
    Can´t answer all your questions, because I main a Balance Druid.

But I do have some thoughts:
    Many people say that feral druids have quite high skill-cap compared to many other melee.
    You need to maintain both bleeds and buffs to your self, while running around killing adds (BRF have alot of add fights and ALOT of movement)
    You will have a great burst though, and decent single target damage if you are allowed to stand still.

For utility you bring Savage roar and combat resses - Which are both very nice imo.. But nothing game-breaking.

Sounds like you want to have a good overview of the fights, as a raidleader.. Therefore I recommend you staying Warrior or go Rogue.
    Learning a new class, keeping track of dots/buffs, positioning yourself, keeping track of DBM/BigWigs and making sure your raid is not doing stupid stuff, is alot to keep track of when trying to kill a boss for the first time.
    MW have great movement and good DPS (When played right), but it also requires you to keep track of alot of stuff on your self- thus taking focus from the fight.
    The reason behind the Execute nerf, was because Warriors could put out millions of damage in a few seconds, thus climping the DPS parse like a crazy monkey.
    Its not like we wont see warriors in top guilds anymore.

Side note:
    It is much more important to make "Smart" DPS, than pulling high numbers imo.
    By "smart" DPS I mean: save CDs for the right adds, helping teammates and knowing when to stand where to be ready for the next phase.

TL: DR:
    My advice is to stay as warrior, even though its fun to reroll new classes.
    Rogue could be a good option too. (A rogue on a raid-team can be really helpful, for more than just smoke bomb)
    Feral is hard to get comfortable with, when you have never played it before.
    FOTM classes tend to be nerfed, as it is implied in the name.. And weak classes will get balanced eventually.

I hope, my long rant was in any way helpful..
    And I hope you find a class that suits you.

//Sheepy

I want to borrow the thread a bit. I have a Elemental Shaman, I have been interested in making a Balance Druid since MoP. But I never got away to level one.. Anyone here thats played a Elemental and Balance, is there alot of difference? Which rotation is more smooth?

The only thing keeping me away from the class is dots and the eclipse bar. How different is the dps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Balance does good dps and the world and his wife want to reroll, when realistically its only the BEST boomkins that top the charts, the average ones are fair to middle. Same with feral, the very best do great single target but the average ones sit almost bottom of every meter. Stop being falsely led by the BEST numbers and look at the parses from the players around your own level; they'll be more accurate as to what you can expect to pull.

Feral is slow to play, so you'll have time to look around, but at the same time their rotation is complex with very little to gain from it (aka another melee played badly will be far less punishing than a poorly played feral).

Everything else has been covered I think.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Definitely won't last long as Feral. Feral gets auto-nerfed with every tier unless Blizzard pre-emptively buffs it. Usually they wait until the top guilds have already cleared the instance before they buff Feral. Given the state of Feral's talent tree I would classify them is mid-alpha stage right now and still a long ways away from being ready for Beta. Standard Operating Procedure for Blizzard is Feral will suck until the last tier of the expansion and then they finally receive some attention.

WW certainly has issues as well and also receives very little attention.

Rogue is fairly easy and receives far more attention from Blizzard than the others.