Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So uhhh Chi Torpedo?

Not doing any damage? How about that awesome AoE we're going to get back eh?

Ya confirmed no damage, Feast are also not activating panda passive.
    Encore | US 6th | Razlopp - Mage

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's bugged, for both of those posts
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razlopp View Post
    Ya confirmed no damage, Feast are also not activating panda passive.
    Absolutely this.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    There's 125 food, shouldn't be eating feasts anymore anyways

I tried out Chi Torpedo tonight on Thogar....and boy was I surprised when it didn't do any damage. Those monk bugs though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it on grul last night and it didn't look like it was healing for more either so that's strange
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

same on the eu realm ?

Chi Torpedo worked for the other WWer in my raid but not for me. Not sure if this is the cause, but he was not jumping before casting it while I was. Maybe just bugged if you jump then cast?

relevent log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...onk&by=ability

EDIT: nope not jumping, requires glyph of water roll. See below.
    Last edited by Moncoko; 2015-02-25 at 04:38 PM.

Deleted
    Humm.. Looks like it's tied to Glyph of Water Roll - I looked up both of you on armory and he has it. I tried using Chi Torpedo w/ and w/o the glyph and it seems like it does damage with the glyph somehow.

So if you wanna play Chi Torpedo, just put on the glyph.
    Last edited by mmoc9a4100ca3c; 2015-02-25 at 04:17 PM.

Yesterday it was working just fine for me shortly after the patch landed, no changes to glyphs equipped (spirit roll is on) but for some reason when I got into BRF the damage simply stopped. I even changed to Mistweaver and switched to serpent stance before spec swapping back just to make sure I wasn't locked out of Tiger stance somehow. Tried just about everything I could think of with targeting, distance and switching talents around and back. Nothing made any damage occur in the instance.

Going to bug report it if it's still gone when I log in ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶h̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶o̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2015-02-25 at 04:24 PM. Reason: read that backwards
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scryms View Post
    Humm.. Looks like it's tied to Glyph of Water Roll - I looked up both of you on armory and he has it. I tried using Chi Torpedo w/ and w/o the glyph and it seems like it does damage with the glyph somehow.

So if you wanna play Chi Torpedo, just put on the glyph.
    Just tried this on live and can confirm without the glyph chi torpedo did 0 damage, with the glyph it did.

I must admit that is one of the funnier bugs I've seen. Easy fix for us until blizzard gets to it a few months later.

It works most of the time with Chi Torpedo, but not every time. The last 30% of the projectile seems "inert". Also doesn't seem to work with jumping anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Absolutely this.
    I found this out when I accidentally rolled into another group of mobs on trash -_-

I have logs of it working on beastlord. I was using it both jumping and not jumping, and I do/ did have glyph of water rolling activated.

Have video proof confirming the bug, and its relation to glyph of water roll.

http://www.twitch.tv/sirphallsalot/b/629587301

So basically until this is fixed a just use the glyph of water roll if you want to use chi torpedo as damage.

Edit** And although not showcased in the video it does work both while jumping and casting normally.

But guys why are u using chi-torpedo?? the talent got buffed or what????

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    But guys why are u using chi-torpedo?? the talent got buffed or what????
    Yes the talent got buffed. Damage by 100% and healing by 42%.

Is there any time where Xuen would be better than Chi Torpedo, or just Torpedo all the way now?