Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yes please! I'm super excited about this patch. Can't wait to see Ashbringer and the changes to my crusader!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skul View Post
    There are many cross references in all of their games.
    Diablo has thunderfury, now ashbringer, the Grom hellscream banner, and likely more that I missed.
    WoW has a pet diablo and many more references.
    wow also has soulstones?
    no soul forge to smash them upon though
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    I wonder if that holy dmg can be increased with +% holy dmg

They should put this game to rest and restart the franchise with a better development team.

Infracted: spam.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2015-02-26 at 10:35 AM.

There's a massive overlap between the two games - as expected coming from one development house.

Where it shines the most is in how WoW lifted many of the abilities and classes from Diablo 2. Paladin, warrior taking on stuff from Barbs including rage, etc.

Blizz tends to have fun little easter eggs as well, often hiding the three vikings in their games in one way or another.

Kind of hoping that the Ashbringer being in D3 may mean a return of it in some form in WoW.

The way the lore for it goes is that it's basically a chunk of a Void God from Shadowmoon Valley. Basically Morgaine - a high ranking paladin - found this thing while out exploring during the counter-offensive from Azeroth into Draenor. This is a chunk of a Naa'ru (basically an embodiment of the power of life and goodness itself) that had lost all energy. When they lose all their energy rather than dying they revent into an "anti-life" state. If they then consume enough holy energy while in this state they'll revert back to their "light" state.

Anyway, since we're in Draenor again with WoD it would be cool to get a quest to cleanse a chunk of a Naa'ru. But chances are that ship already sailed when Velen *Spoilered* his *Spoilers* and *Spoiled.*

Oh well, probably too soon for a new legendary 2-handed weapon again anyway. But who knows, Blizz has mentioned they'd like to make another legendary in WoD - this one tied to Heroic and Mythic raiding only.

It probably needs a bit of tuning. People on reddit are seeing crits as high as 42 billion. And here's a screen of 21.6 billion hit.

DAT weapon.

Yes, i've heard of the damage it does and it's nowhere near balanced. Anyway remeber that we already have a weapon that crits for a truckload of damage, it's his special effect.

May be the same stuff (humongous numbers when mob dies because everyone loves big crits).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    DAT weapon.

Yes, i've heard of the damage it does and it's nowhere near balanced. Anyway remeber that we already have a weapon that crits for a truckload of damage, it's his special effect.

May be the same stuff (humongous numbers when mob dies because everyone loves big crits).
    Will probably be toned down, but its fine while it lasts on the PTR ;D I dont think it gives fake crits like sever does though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Dat Ash!!
    That's it... I'm starting a new Crusader for S2, going to hunt down the Ashbringer! Going to make a +holy damage Shield Bash build.

6200% weapon damage! That's fucking insane... Does anyone know how long the buff lasts?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    That's it... I'm starting a new Crusader for S2, going to hunt down the Ashbringer! Going to make a +holy damage Shield Bash build.

6200% weapon damage! That's fucking insane... Does anyone know how long the buff lasts?
    The weapon isnt available yet so no way to get it in S2. You will have to wait for the S3 prepatch (2.2) that will include it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you shitting me?
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I see. Well, that's cool I suppose.

Is Warcraft and Diablo suppose to share the same lore? I never heard of this before now. I know there is a Starcraft?Warcraft overlap with the Tauren and Murloks. But this is indeed the first time I see something from Blizzard's -craft franchises in the Diablo franchise lore.
    There are references, but Diablo is its own specific universe though.

So it changes graphics when it uncorrupts? That's pretty awesome.

What is Ashbringer in reference to exactly?
    :O

GET OFF MY FORUM!

(j/k)

I see. Well, that's cool I suppose.

Is Warcraft and Diablo suppose to share the same lore? I never heard of this before now. I know there is a Starcraft?Warcraft overlap with the Tauren and Murloks. But this is indeed the first time I see something from Blizzard's -craft franchises in the Diablo franchise lore.
    It's just a reference.

Unless it fell through the Nexus :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    The weapon isnt available yet so no way to get it in S2. You will have to wait for the S3 prepatch (2.2) that will include it.
    Oh damn, I thought I read somewhere that this patch would be going live during S2. Guess I'll stick with my witch doctor then .

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welp....continuing to main a Crusader every season sounds like a good choice. This is pretty amazing.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I want it! I need it! Despite being a dual wield Thunder Barb... I will abandon that spec should I get the blade o.o
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Unfortunately that beast of a sword is seriously broken atm in the PTR. Totally renders all other weapons pointless for Monks specially

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Labtecr View Post
    Unfortunately that beast of a sword is seriously broken atm in the PTR. Totally renders all other weapons pointless for Monks specially
    It renders all weapons for everyone obsolete because it's the king of all weapons. For everyone. For EVER.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldnt even care if it wasnt the best I would always use it. Ashbringer is beastmode.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.