Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wiped 3 times to this, I told the raid to not dps the hands till boss was half way into his thundering blows cast. This helped alot. Just gotta get the idiots to focus the boss and watch his cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    For the tanks to 'mess up stone breath', they will have to stand outside of melee range. Which is rather unlikely, unless they are either stuck in a hand, or are trolling.

But there are people too, who simply think that it is a frontal cone attack, while it isn't. It WILL hit the whole raid, regardless of where the boss is facing. So uhm...
    Well that's weird. Stone breath was doing about 80% of the raid damage and the tanks weren't even dead.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I had a similar experience today. We ended up getting 3 determination stacks because of it. The problem is that any DPS with right positioning can kill a large portion of the raid singlehandedly (pun intended).

There are 2 things they can do to fix this: Either they increase the hands HP, or they nerf the AoE and Fall damage.
    The only reasonable fix would be to make the hands invulnerable until just before he finishes the cast.

This fight is legit broken on LFR.

The Rune of Grasping Earth cast is way too long. All of the hands grab people and he continues to cast for an additional 3-4 seconds where people can't do anything since they're waiting for Thundering Blows, which makes the hand DoT deal far more damage to the raid than it's suppose to.

Secondly, he chains his Stone Breath immediately after Thundering Blows finishes, which is absolutely not how the fight works on Normal/Heroic. There should be a window of about 3 seconds between when he is done casting Thundering Blows and when he casts Stone Breath.

Whoever scripted this fight on LFR totally fucked up.

The best fix would be to cause all of the hands to spawn as the cast for Rune of Grasping Earth ends. This means the only time you can kill them is during Thundering Blows, and if you're killing your hand in 3s, you'll only take at most 1 tick of Thundering Blows.

I noticed this in the first attempt of Kromag last night. I went into it with my hunter and BARRAGED my ass off and killed a bunch while he was still doing the smash, which killed a bunch of people.

Next attempt, everyone agreed to wait about 2-3 seconds left on this channel of Thundering Blows to start dpsing the hands, and it went pretty well.

Aye, I thought the cast for Rune of Grasping Earth was way, way longer too. Similar deal - on my group's 1st attempt I went ballsagna on the hands since it looked like I was one of the last to get picked up only to find that I 'd broken myself and 5 people out with a second or so left on the Grasping Earth cast!

After that the group disbanded because we decided to try to skip the trash (patrolling big guy and the stationary mobs outside the elevator shaft) the first go-round but people kept ass-pulling them after that (all the way into Kro's room, actually; it was funny before it was enraging).

Lol an LFR encounter that's actually harder than it's normal/heroic counterpart with a guild? Seems like we get at least one of those every LFR tier. Garalon, Durumu, and pre-nerf Nazgrim comes to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    First try took me 6 wipes. Something really is wrong with this encounter. I had more wipes in 1 single run than I did on all bosses(except mor'gok) HM in 55+ runs.

My necrotic plague auto-spreading should be a ton of fun in there...

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    I am really looking forward to the first week of Iron Maidens LFR. The red circles of doom will be Durumu maze 2.0.
    They aren't even fatal on heroic. They will just do almost no damage.
    The maze on durumu was never the killer. It was the beam that 1 shot people through everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Well that's weird. Stone breath was doing about 80% of the raid damage and the tanks weren't even dead.
    you do know that he casts stonebreath nomatter what right? but if no one is in melee range(including melee dps) he will re cast continually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pur1tas View Post
    What the fucking hell you can die in LFR?
    Fixed that for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    They aren't even fatal on heroic. They will just do almost no damage.
    Bomb damage is not fatal even on Mythic... I bet that everyone will ignore bombs and lose almost to hp on LFR maidens...

Quote Originally Posted by Footface View Post
    you do know that he casts stonebreath nomatter what right? but if no one is in melee range(including melee dps) he will re cast continually.
    Either way stone breath damage was ridiculously high compared to higher difficulties considering we had 2 tanks plus a dozen melees which would've prevented him from channeling.

When I did Kromog in LFR for the first time everyone found a hand which was surprising. Although the damage on the hands was so insane that all the hands was destroyed even before Kromog started casting Thundering Blows which resulted in a wipe due to everyone dying. I laughed my ass off, did not expect that. I thought that getting a good group in LFR would make the boss easier to kill, but that's not the case on Kromog.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wutpoae View Post
    When I did Kromog in LFR for the first time everyone found a hand which was surprising. Although the damage on the hands was so insane that all the hands was destroyed even before Kromog started casting Thundering Blows which resulted in a wipe due to everyone dying. I laughed my ass off, did not expect that. I thought that getting a good group in LFR would make the boss easier to kill, but that's not the case on Kromog.
    Funnily enough I just did this on my Holy Paladin and it was completely different: Nobody destroyed the hands before the cast and then they left all the healers in the hands so we had to "DPS" the hands ourselves.