Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Or don't take people with PTSD to a gun range.
    Definitely some merit to this.
    On the other hand I can see letting your guard down near someone who's experienced a lot of the same things as you, when You're attempting to help them through those situations.
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2015-02-26 at 04:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Weird? He said, “This dude is straight-up nuts," in a text message to his friend just before the incident.
    Yeah... I forgot that "straight up nuts" was a mental disorder. He thought the guy was fucking weird, he didn't know he had mental disorders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coincidence or not, the movie coming out when it did certainly didn't help Mr. Routh in any fashion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Yeah... I forgot that "straight up nuts" was a mental disorder. He thought the guy was fucking weird, he didn't know he had mental disorders.
    While the death itself is on Mr. Routh's hands, the onus of arming him lies strictly on Mr. Kyle.
    I can assure you if I was texting someone who I thought as straight up nuts, I sure as fuck wouldn't arm them

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Coincidence or not, the movie coming out when it did certainly didn't help Mr. Routh in any fashion.
    More surprised we named a day after him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    More surprised we named a day after him.
    Wait what?
    EDIT: Googled. Interesting

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Does that also apply to every American who cheered when Saddam Hussein and and Osama bin Ladin was executed?

Seems from accounts made, Chris Kyle himself got a real buzz out of killing women and children as target practice too.
    War and criminal executions != murder. (though celebrating in those instances is still pretty fucked up.)

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Wait what?
    EDIT: Googled. Interesting
    Texas declared Feb. 2, Chris Kyle Day.

Edit: Well Greg Abbot our Governor did anyway.

Very complicated issue.

I don't think taking a troubled person to a gun range is a good idea. I have friends with PTSD and I even have a few issues with it. Yeah, I am okay and they seem okay, but I would okay with it if people didn't feel too comfortable with me being around guns. I also think (Not sure and didn't research this) that once diagnosed with PTSD you can't own a gun. So taking the guy there was a bad move.

However, PTSD =/= insane. Being a schizo doesn't even make you a dangerous person. It's a common misconception. Take a person raped in a subway. They may range from just seriously having anxiety whenever they are in a subway station, to straight up freaking out if you try to bring them to one. Some are just insane and rehabilitated by it, others are not. So I don't know if this guy is straight up crazy. Maybe he is. I am just feeling like saying you have PTSD/Schizo is not enough to absolve you of your wrong doings.

It seems like he feels bad for what he did, he needs help, but did he know what he was doing when he did it? That is debatable as hell.

Oh. Also I don't think that blaming his actions on PTSD does people suffering from it any justice.It just makes more people assume anyone with PTSD is a ticking time bomb. We aren't.
    Last edited by Rhine101; 2015-02-26 at 04:22 AM.

I really don't care much if he was lucid and was able to understand his actions at the time or not but the recent movie and "Chris Kyle Day" certainly didn't help matters at all.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh well, I'm not their keeper, people say silly things.
    You would think that, since you stated that nobody was generalizing earlier that you would've actually read the thread.

It's kind of funny that you just now throw your hands up and backpedal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    False! He knew it. Routh was just released from mental treatment at the hospital the week before. And Kyle knew this background.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Texas declared Feb. 2, Chris Kyle Day.

Edit: Well Greg Abbot our Governor did anyway.
    It's Texas, the state that wants to secede from its own country and gave birth to the Bush's, what you expect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    Do you think if it was still called Shell Shock it might be taken a bit more seriously?
    If you go out and murder people, regardless of whether you have a mental condition, taking a breather at a mental hospital isn't the best course of action. He quite unequivocally proved himself to be dangerous to other human beings.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.