Garrison pet battle XP nerfed?

Hi,

today the servers went up in the EU, here we have Stings, Scrags and grubbles and it looks like the XP gained was nerfed to whopping 85.
    Is this a bug with that team (US should have two different dailies now), or are the garrison pet battles no longer a way to level pets?

Deleted
    Looks like it's intended. The quest to build the menagerie in the first place was nerfed, so I guess Blizzard decided also to nerf the xp gain from the menagerie battles.

Yeah, the three you need to kill to open up the Menagerie had their health cut to roughly 1/10th of what they were, nor do they hit very hard anymore. They are now just like your average level 25 rare you encounter in the wild, more so like an Uncommon. Personally, I found the daily yesterday to be much harder than the three to open it. My level 25 Grunty was able to easily kill all three rares to open it (yesterday), but got owned by the first set of Stings, Scrags and Grubbles. I would not be surprised to see the overall xp lowered as well due to how easy it is to get the Menagerie now.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrybutcher View Post
    Yeah, the three you need to kill to open up the Menagerie had their health cut to roughly 1/10th of what they were, nor do they hit very hard anymore. They are now just like your average level 25 rare you encounter in the wild, more so like an Uncommon. Personally, I found the daily yesterday to be much harder than the three to open it. My level 25 Grunty was able to easily kill all three rares to open it (yesterday), but got owned by the first set of Stings, Scrags and Grubbles. I would not be surprised to see the overall xp lowered as well due to how easy it is to get the Menagerie now.
    Depends on your team. You can sleepwalk through Scrags and his buddies with various 2 pet teams, but now it's not worth worrying about as the XP gain was absolutely, utterly, and completely crushed. You'll get better XP battling non max level pets in the wild, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Depends on your team. You can sleepwalk through Scrags and his buddies with various 2 pet teams, but now it's not worth worrying about as the XP gain was absolutely, utterly, and completely crushed. You'll get better XP battling non max level pets in the wild, now.
    I think that's the point: send you out into the world for levelling pets, and the menagerie challenge pets give you tokens for pet-related consumables, with how WoD panned out, i can't blame Blizz for trying to coax people out of their garrisons...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I think that's the point: send you out into the world for levelling pets, and the menagerie challenge pets give you tokens for pet-related consumables, with how WoD panned out, i can't blame Blizz for trying to coax people out of their garrisons...

You know what would really help with that, right?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I think nerfed is too kind a word here. Completely gutted would be more apt. Without any buffs, these fights went from around 3k xp to 85 xp. I'm not entirely sure why other than to slow down people new to pet battles.

Edit: as for the coaxing people out in the world argument, the best places to grind pets to 25 are still mostly in Pandaria, so I don't see how this makes a difference. The most time efficient means of leveling pets will now revert to the Pandaria trainers (assuming you aren't in a hurry to level more than a couple of pets a day), so again, not really coaxing people out in the world, more like pushing them back into old content.
    Last edited by ganush; 2015-02-25 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The menagerie daily is an insult to player's intelligence now...Thursday I got Stings, Scrags and co. nearly soloed by Anodized Bear Cub (finished half-dead Stings with second pet) just to see the 3 birds yesterday all soloed by ONE! Chrominius.

No challenge, poor rewards and probably much lesser drop rate for rare pets now.

Why Blizzard why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agraynel View Post
    Why Blizzard why.
    Because evidently not enough players were doing it before. Some of those fights were a bit on the harsh side, if you didn't have exactly the right set of counters (Stitches, Jr., Eleanor and Quintessence of Light springs to mind). And nerfing the living daylights out of it also meant they could nuke the xp gain, which I'll be perfectly honest and say was getting out of hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its so silly how people thought this was intended to be the best way to level pets :P
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    You know what would really help with that, right?
    Flight, I agree as well, I finally used my lvl 25 stone got a pet to 25, bought a few lvl 25 pets off the ah, killed the pet trainer, unlocked my pet thingy, got my ach, did the pet battles that were right there, thought that maybe I should go and find some more pet battles to do, realized I'm not going out of my garrison without flight, and noped the **** out of doing pet battles, prolly gonna resale these pets.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

I don't like pet battles.