Macros, forgive my ignorance.

I searched the forum for a macro thread, and didn't find much.
    What BM specific macros do you find helpful?

Quote Originally Posted by spookychick13 View Post
    I searched the forum for a macro thread, and didn't find much.
    What BM specific macros do you find helpful?
    Well, I find the macro that runs `/click SilverDragonFrame` useful because I can spam it to try and find those rare pet spawns to tame.

Are you really asking what macros you, personally, should use? Because that is much easier to answer: none. Until you find a specific problem you want to solve, at which point you might ask about a macro to do whatever it is you want to do to solve that problem.

Fair enough. I thought perhaps some pet attack type macros were good for optimizing the spec.

Thanks

Fair enough. I thought perhaps some pet attack type macros were good for optimizing the spec.

Thanks
    His response is incredibly stupid. The point of a macro is to make something simpler and/or combat an issue. Often times many people run into the same issues or would like the same conveniences.

I have a Kill Command macro'd to attack my target when I use it which I find useful.

I'm not home or I'd link it.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    His response is incredibly stupid. The point of a macro is to make something simpler and/or combat an issue. Often times many people run into the same issues or would like the same conveniences
    That is unarguably true, but also worth considering: some people think they should be using the same macros and/or conveniences, even though they end up performing worse with them, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    I have a Kill Command macro'd to attack my target when I use it which I find useful.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /petattack
    /use Kill Command
    Of course, that assumes you don't want to leave your pet on the boss while you, eg, target the cannons on Thogar, or spears on Darmak, without having your kill command setting it running all the way across the arena to your current target, then all the way back, causing pet downtime.

Another common approach is to set the pet on passive and macro either "/petattack", or "/petattack [@pettarget,dead,noexists]" into it, as a way to automate most of the behaviour of having your pet on assist without the risk that it attacks something that hits you when you don't hit it back.

Another common approach is to use full manual control of the pet, so that it does exactly what you want it to do.

Which one should you use, spooky? Well..... there are good arguments for each type. The KC macro suggested is great if you want to pull the pet to whatever you are hitting on the assumption it is the priority target and/or you forgot to do that manually. It is terrible if you want to minimise pet DPS downtime and have widely spread targets.

Ditto the assist vs passive and macro approach -- both have their good points and bad points. Neither one is really that much better.

So, again, what is the problem you want to solve? If your problem is that you can't or won't manually switch your pet when the priority target changes, sure, macro petattack to kill command is a good solution. If that isn't your problem it can be exactly counter-productive.

So, yes, people often run into the same sort of problems. There are often pre-canned solutions for it.

When you have a problem, come look for a solution before you try to build one yourself -- that is a great idea! Everyone should do that. If you do have to build one, post it so other people can find it, because you just saved the next person time.

Just asking "what problem should I solve" is a great way to get non-solutions for *your* needs, as opposed to mine. I have lots of macros, but they do stuff that *I* want, and work well with how I handle pet management, trinkets, cooldowns, etc.

anything with /petattack is helpful

Thanks guys. Another question, how do I maximize beastcleave on the Beastlord adds? I wonder if thereis there a macro I can use so when I multishot he's on that target too?
    Thanks <3
    Last edited by spookychick13; 2015-02-26 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramoncosta View Post
    anything with /petattack is helpful
    Make a smart decision about having that conditional on your pet having a target or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys. Another question, how do I maximize beastcleave on the Beastlord adds? I wonder if thereis there a macro I can use so when I multishot he's on that target too?
    Have your tanks stack the beasts on top of the boss, and cleave off the boss. That helps melee too. Beast Cleave is a 10 yard radius around the pet, though, so they don't need to be that close to the boss for it to work.

I'm not sure what sort of macro you are thinking of for that -- like, some sort of `/target ... /use multi-shot /targetlasttarget` macro or something?