Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does blizzard own MMO-champion?

I always wounder this. The first time I heard of MMO-champion I thought oh cool a site about MMO's and whats new. etc. well I was wrong. this site is just about World of warcraft well at least on the front page. I would LOVE to see them focus on other mmos so people can see whats out there and what not..if not maybe just rename the site from MMO-Champion to WoW-champion? makes sense

Yeah.. how about no.. now on your merry way you go.

And this has been said in the past.. biggest mmo is wow, hence champion of the mmo's, hence MMO-champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curse owns it...I think.

I always felt the name was more like "[you are an] MMO Champion". Or that the persons who visit the site see themselves as such. Like "Arena Junkie", even though many games have PVP arenas and so on.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-02-25 at 08:53 PM.

WoW is the MMO-champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel85NYC View Post
    I always wounder this. The first time I heard of MMO-champion I thought oh cool a site about MMO's and whats new. etc. well I was wrong. this site is just about World of warcraft well at least on the front page. I would LOVE to see them focus on other mmos so people can see whats out there and what not..if not maybe just rename the site from MMO-Champion to WoW-champion? makes sense

They do post on the main page about other games(recently the GW2 Xpac was on the front news)

But when an MMO has at least 500% more players (10mil vs 2mil) of the next closest mmo, then of course there's gonna be more news about WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenzie View Post
    The real reason why everyone hates Garrosh...he sparkles in sunlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai View Post
    Saw a hunter named Michaelvick with no pet out

Curse owns MMO Champ
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow = the champion of mmo's so that makes the site name correct mmo-champion.

Kidding aside I wouldn't be against them throwing other game info out at times, maybe have a alternate tab or something in front page

I think it started off as a wow fan site or something. No, idea why they didn't change the name but they have added sections for other games... So its all good now.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2015-02-25 at 08:56 PM.

Other MMO stuff pops up occasionally but yeah, as the kids say, it's WoW all day evr day.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I always felt the name was more like "[you are an] MMO Champion". Or that the persons who visit the site see themselves as such. Like "Arena Junkie", even though many games have PVP arenas and so on.
    I thought it was more like "WoW is the MMO-Champion" beeing the most successful MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No.... I think Curse does now - didn't before.
    Do you comment just for the sake of commenting? The answer is yes. Geez get a life you're like on every goddamn thread with the most boring things to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmochampion fits perfectly into my needs, my main mmo is wow but i also play other mmos/games and also enjoy discussing other things like tv shows. It's much simpler and better than visiting multiple forums for each of my interests :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Do you comment just for the sake of commenting? The answer is yes. Geez get a life you're like on every goddamn thread with the most boring things to say.
    You don't have to read what she writes and her comment was more interesting then your toxic one.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2015-02-25 at 09:01 PM.

Deleted
    Lots of people comment for the sake of commenting.

How else do you get that post count up? That helps you win arguments.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except what she said was appropriate to the question the thread was asking and you need to take a chill pill?

No, Blizzard doesn't own MMO Champion though it definitely is a site/forum that's dedicated to the game over other mmos, which is kind of appropriate. It's a bit like some other sites like Wowinsider which focus on WoW primarily but will mention other mmos occasionally.

You almost make it sound like your opinion matters enough to someone.

Anyway, for OP, like people said, its just meant for WoW, Blizzard doesn't own it. Also something about it's MMO champion, not MMO champions.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. We're owned by Curse, which, again, is not owned by Blizzard and operates a lot of non-Blizzard-related gaming sites.

Closing.