(Resto) Doc+ naturalist change

I was wondering if anyone have done the math considering that DoC got indirectly buff by the naturalist change (15% extra dmg). Considering that DoC heal for 150% of dmg done the new heal potential follow:

Y= 150%*1.2*1.15x= 2.07x VS Y=1.8x

Where Y is the healing done and X is the dmg done by wrath.

It's a direct 15% buff to DoC. i did play around with it yesterday i would provide log but the logger run personal log yesterday and i cant find it.

edit: i forgot to mention my question, anyone will plan to go with DoC build going Haste>Crit>MS>Mastery? If so, what are the math behind it? is it really going to be better ( on some fight) than NV or HotW?
    Last edited by soulstaz; 2015-02-25 at 10:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use it as a filler for a lot of fights, when not a lot of damage is going out, so that I can then kick up and start healing hard when real damage starts coming out. It costs zero mana and is good to just cast while everyone is > 90% and nothing big is coming.

I do cast a soul of the forest wild growth on cooldown, as well as keeping lifebloom ticking and using my clearcasting procs, in addition to the DoC casts.

Also, DoC received another indirect "Buff" that was more like a fix, the multistrike hits weren't healing, and now they do, so MS is no longer useless for it.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2015-02-25 at 10:51 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I was toying with the idea of changing my stats priority too, probably going for Haste>MS>Crit>Mastery. That's because MS is less prone to overhealing than Crit.
    But getting a bis list with those stats from askmrrobot and using as input into Hamlet HealerCalcs, stills figures as a loss against an usual haste>mastery build.

Maybe (but I didn't researched it yet), wrath spam as filler would allow us to forget spirit, or most of it. So gaining on throughput.

It's also a matter of play style, we are going to force a mobile healer to be less mobile (wrath spamming). With many fight requiring movements we may loose a good part of DoC advantage.

But I'm still very intrigued by your topic, so would like to see more opinions.