Deleted

When should I go BM?

Tried BM on Gruul HC tonight and wasn't impressed at all with the results. I have a feeling that it's due to the stats I have on my current gear. Was survival prior to 6.1 and so was itemized for that. Is there a certain point at which I should change? can't link to armoury but my name is Léodan, in the guild Noobs Tbh. All opinions are welcome

Deleted
    Stats don't matter much for BM, although you going in with Survival-optimized gear and saying that the results were "unimpressing" is perhaps the most dumbfounding thing I've heard today.

I couldn't find that name on the US armory. Post your armory link and have BM as your offspec and I'll give you a sim comparison.

As a general rule BM should blow SV away once you have the 4pc bonus.

Deleted
    I'm on EU that's why

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodan View Post
    When should I go BM?
    9-12 hours after eating on average.

Tried BM on Gruul HC tonight and wasn't impressed at all with the results. I have a feeling that it's due to the stats I have on my current gear. Was survival prior to 6.1 and so was itemized for that. Is there a certain point at which I should change? can't link to armoury but my name is Léodan, in the guild Noobs Tbh. All opinions are welcome
    eu.battle.net/ wow/en/character/magtheridon/L%C3%A9odan/advanced

I was under the impression that the 4 piece bonus should bump BM above the other specs. Even with Multistrike enchants the stat weights are pretty close. How did you like it for bosses other than Gruul if you ended up doing more? Maybe try to tighten up the rotation/when you're popping Frenzy.

These look to be updated weights from Azortharion's guide:

Beast Mastery
    Agility 1.00
    MainHandDps 0.90
    AttackPower 0.90
    Haste 0.49
    Mastery 0.48
    Multistrike 0.47
    CriticalStrike 0.44
    Versatility 0.43

That's a basic 6min Patchwerk sim using default APL's (6min fight zero movement and full uptime).

If you're unable to push close to 38-40k as BM on gruul then it's probably a result of you just not being used to the spec yet (also gruul isn't a true patchwerk and you could get unlucky with a lot of petrifies etc). Go with whatever produces the best numbers for you but BM is pulling ahead by quite a bit in your case according to simcraft so take that for what it's worth.

*Note I switched your SV 90 talent to GT for the opener glaive but the default SV APL's in simcraft haven't started using Glaives on anything but the opener. I also simmed your SV spec as Stampede (highest numbers), and FS because that looked like your prefered choice for the 100 talent.
    Last edited by Ultratron; 2015-02-25 at 11:56 PM.

Gruul HC also seems like a pretty poor timing for stampede, I've had him die ~10 seconds before second stampede etc.

Maybe I'm overestimating how much it matters, idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Gruul HC also seems like a pretty poor timing for stampede, I've had him die ~10 seconds before second stampede etc.

Maybe I'm overestimating how much it matters, idk.
    Unfortunately with how strong Stampede is after 6.1, the fight timings can't really make up for the gap in power between Crows and Stampede. Even with perfect application of crows in add fights, AMoC falls pretty far behind.

For single target fights, I switch to BM. However I'm waiting on switching all my enchants, scope, and gems until I've gotten 4p T17 and the Meaty Dragonspine Trophy. I think that's a fair breakpoint for going BM full-time and dedicating your stat focus to haste.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because my itemization wasnt that good for survival (lacking MS) I switched to BM without setbonus. I am pulling a bit more then I did as SV, and I am in top3 in our raids.
    I am a Leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

I did a gruul fight yday, with Surv I was doing 28-30k and in gear with a bit more BM into it, I was only doing 23k ( Jingreybeard EU ) Of course I am a bit rusty but I am always outside of raids, a BM Hunter. 5-7k dps is quite a huge difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just simulate my gear with simulationcraft and play whichever spec sims higher at the time. Make small adjustments to simulate regemming/reenchanting, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    9-12 hours after eating on average.
    Best response ever. LOL
    Don't be elitist, it's a video game for crying out loud. Cure cancer, then you can be an asshole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    I just simulate my gear with simulationcraft and play whichever spec sims higher at the time. Make small adjustments to simulate regemming/reenchanting, etc.
    RIP your performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooi View Post
    RIP your performance.
    Dude, Bro, Buddy, Bro, Dude, do you even lift bro?

Everyone knows that spec >>>>>> skill in WoW. Everyone.