Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Make a spell block ability that shares charges with shield block. It blocks 30/60% magic damage for X seconds like shield block. Then warriors can manage what to use the charges on themselves. Maybe reduce recharge time to allow for the need for extra charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    We just got two major buffs. We're in line with other tanks now. Stop.
    "major buffs"

kek

I notice almost zero difference. Stop.

Just got done with tonight's raid on H BRF. I'm lovin' it.

www (dot) warcraftlogs.com/reports/WCYBNT3p6aPftxy8/#view=rankings&fight=1

I feel like the buff is -pretty- noticeable now. I'd just love a tiny more squeeze.

I feel like the biggest hole in the warrior toolkit at this point isnt the damage we TAKE.. but the damage we cannot HEAL. Every other tank class has some form of constant self heal and/or passive mastery absorb. Every other tank class has a significant way of pushing their own health bar UP where as prot warriors just go down slower.

Enraged regeneration is a fucking joke, I'd like to see a significant reduction on the CD and/or a bigger HoT on it. Or maybe even something like Ysera's Gift.. a passive heal over time similar to Second Wind in MoP.

They need to bake the Prot warrior tier Bonus from SoO into shield Block, heals us for some % of dmg with every block. That might be something to look into.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad other people are feeling this same way.
    Our guilds warrior tank often requires help from external cooldowns while I'm usually self managed (as a DK)
    On some fights I opt into my deathcoil glyph to help with giving him a sizable absorb shield.

Warriors need some attention to magic damage.

But at the same time we're only heroic progressed so it could just be him as some mythic guilds run with warrior tanks too. No idea really.

Protection warriors are in a fine place but are completely out shined by 3 other classes. Can we tank everything? You bet. Sco from Method proved that. But it's going to take more focus and detract from raid healing. Doable but why bother? Bring another monk.

Shield Barrier needs to be retooled or scrapped for another concept.

Fix our incoming magic damage and provide us an increase to effective health or self-healing. Personally, I'd love for them to retool leech to make it a useful concept and build our Tier 30 talents to adapt to the change.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV

Regular melee hits fit much better into Warriors' kit than other tanks, but in general, every dangerous mechanic out there seems much better suited to a tank with a specialized kit.
    Especially with Magic, Warriors have an undeniable disadvantage, and the fact that the Barrier scales so absolutely piss-poor with Resolve does nothing to fix the issue.

It needs to be addressed.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    if you take a lot on most of big war prot. They all play Monk actually and put aside their war prot. Exeception of Sco

Drop resolve, have barrier be a flat %hp absorb.

It's odd how some heal ignore resolve as they're %'based..the others are boosted by resolve.

Honestly death strike should be the only thing that scales with damage taken.

Deleted
    You can probably make this fight a lot easier by prioritising mastery and versatillity for the shield barriers. All we can do is pop our shield barrier and use a small cooldown if you're getting worried.

Deleted
    tanking oregorger mythic as a prot ist kinda sad. While i call for at least 6-7 external CDs every phase 1, my co tank (dk) calls maybe one sac per phase 1....and still i m almost even with him in dmg taken from the physcial aspect of acid torrent.

Its kinda retarded, that i have to have at least a sac on me every single acid torrent to take compareable dmg to my DK tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybrus View Post
    I've only been able to do normals, but my raid group is killing off H BRF tomorrow and I'm actually excited!.
    Normal & HC are far cries from Mythic though. In normal you can kind of do whatever. In heroic you need become more precise and punctual about the way you spend your CDs, especially in hard hitting fights like Gruul, but mythic is a whole new level of ball game by comparison.

I don't think warriors are in a terrible spot, it is just that other tanks, like monks, can have better and more useful mechanics. We have plenty of tools but they are simply less effective than those of our colleagues'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Normal & HC are far cries from Mythic though. In normal you can kind of do whatever. In heroic you need become more precise and punctual about the way you spend your CDs, especially in hard hitting fights like Gruul, but mythic is a whole new level of ball game by comparison.

I don't think warriors are in a terrible spot, it is just that other tanks, like monks, can have better and more useful mechanics. We have plenty of tools but they are simply less effective than those of our colleagues'.
    And thats the exact reason why we ARE in a terrible spot ,i can handle having no self healing i geuss its part of the class but what i cannot handle is that having our absorbs wich should be our self heals working like fuck all on amgic/unblokceble physical fights while i see paladins monks and death knights rolling trough full retard with thier rediculous health sized absorbs/flat physical reduc am that wil work regardless ONTOP of thier already heavy magic reduc cds and shit like that.

and btw if all other tanks are to powerfull and we are in the "right spot" some people say than that means nerfing all other tanks wich we see wont happen but you can buff that one or two other tank classes to thier level and its balanced again.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing that bothers me the most is that Ragetanks barely scale with gear. While DKs can do more Deathstrikes with haste or Multistrike and paladins can built Holypower quicker, Ragetanks have a fixed uptime. Before Beta I thought that Anger Management would decrease the shieldblock CD as well, but as we all know it doesn't. Nothing does. I think that is a major disadvantage on our side. In addition Resolve doesn't scale that good cause we don't heal ourself and our absorbs are lackluster.

Whenever I am not playing my DK I miss AMS or Dark Sim because they makes many things that much better. Whenever the Boss is casting his massive Spell I want to use somethng but I can't since warriors and Droods lack the tools to counter magic.

In addition the lack of self healing pisses me off as well. Sure I can survive a deadly hit by playing smart but so can other tanks. But while they have some mechanics to heal them up again we haven't (ourside of a crappy CD). Sometimes I think that Blizz has switched abilities. I think that an absorb like Shield barrier would fit a Drood more while we could use franzied Regen. In addition I ' like to see passives like the old Field dressing, Cata style Blood crazed or something like Yseras Gift.

Another thing is that Warriors are supposed to be the most mobile Tank in the game, but wenn it comes to walking we ar equite slow. DKs have Unholy stance and a sprint like ability on a 20sec CD, Droods have roar, Displacer beast and cat dash..
    Sure we can change position quickly but only if there is someone to charge to. If you want to avoid mechanics or need to run away like at Imperator you heavily rely on a 45 sec heroic leap and thats it.
    Last edited by Uriel; 2015-03-03 at 02:58 AM.

Deleted
    Scale sbar with resolve?